Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 22-12-2010, 12:34 AM
Master
Hi Xan and everybody,

Thanks for reopening a discussion on Kundalini since the last one got wiped out by the great computer crash of 2009!

I am a student of Sri Vasudeva who speaks and writes of Kundalini and of the great value of this knowledge in our day to day lives - for everybody, not only those actively seeking enlightenment. He believes that Kundalini experiences are the essence of ALL spiritual experiences - and I agree. I transcribed and studied his works for the last decade and my tarot cards are based on his profound teachings. So I am a serious student of Kundalini - both as a researcher of Sri Vasudeva's work and of my own personal Kundalini experience.

I am happy to share whatever knowledge I have with anyone who asks or refer you to his website www.blue-star.org where you'll find lots of workshops online related to Kundalini. He is actually available to answer questions directly as well.

If people understood the real meaning and potential of Kundalini, everyone would be rushing to find out more. It is a highly misunderstood principle.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
maybe say a few words about your own experience
I wonder if people aren't getting tired of hearing it. Lynn had some beautiful things to say about her awakening on the other thread. A nice contrast to mine really. Hers was more heart-centered.

My awakening was pretty boring compared w/ a lot of others you hear about (not complaining! I'm a chicken). I was essentially the same "me" before, during and after. I didn't see God or get a bliss hit. I never felt a freight train shoot up my spine either. I've had spiritual epiphanies (particularly when the energy is up) and lesser bliss hits, feelings of love in ways I hadn't felt before.

I had some dreams about it so I knew I was going to have a kundalini experience but I didn't know when. Predictive dreams about K. are common from what I understand. I had "top down" energy first. My crown opened and I could feel the vibration move down my body. It felt flu-like for the first few days. When the "top down" energy reached my feet I could feel energy start to come in through my feet. Eventually kundalini was triggered.

My chakras weren't opened in order. I saw bluish white light start to glow from my upper body, white light in my head coming out around my eyes, then it coalesced into a ball of white light that shot out of my head in a spiral. In that same moment I heard an electrical crackle and I could see to the left, ahead and through the top of my head simultaneously. I also watched myself as if standing to my right. My entire body vibrated heavily for about an hour after that.

A week later my lower chakras opened. I felt a sensation of liquid flowing down my left side and up the center of my body one night. The next night is was down the other side and up.

For about a month after that the energy was rather chaotic and sometimes a bit tooth rattling but it got easier. I go through cycles of upgrades and breaks. Each upgrade seems to have focuses of attention. The energy has felt quite strong sometimes. It's scared me a bit. It's easy to see why it can cause problems. Sometimes I felt like a high voltage cable barely containing the energy. It feels electrical. That said I don't discourage people from pursuing a kundalini awakening but I'd do it through meditation or yoga etc, not try to force it but allow it to happen.

I feel certain meditation played a major role in my case. I also had an evening of talking to "god" and surrendering, wanting to change me but knowing I needed help doing it. It was that evening I got a knowing things were going to change. Kundalini rose about six months later. Things can change quickly!
Old 22-12-2010, 03:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edy31
How do you know if it is a full blown or partial?
I have been told that I have my K awakened and it is months that I am trying to understand my situation.
I feel all my chakras are opened and the energy rises 24/7 and goes out from the top of my head.

I cannot read, or do much work (I am a web designer) or it causes a lot of energy to go up and I can feel my third eye pulsating even with my eyes opened.
I have read about the symptoms and I wouldn't say I have all of them, but I guess some of the symptoms, like the body shaking are symptoms of partial awakening.

Edy... I think it's safe to say that very few people on the planet have fully developed kundalini. I suspect those who believe their kundalini awakening was "full blown" mean it was very intense and went all through their body and chakras.

In my view, kundalini and our other energy flows evolve gradually over years of time, with the first phases usually the most noticeable and disturbing.

Xan

Old 22-12-2010, 03:32 AM
Master
Thank you, in progress.

Your description is a good example of how unpredictable and variable our kundalini, and other, awakenings can be.

Xan

Old 22-12-2010, 09:02 AM
Edy31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Edy... I think it's safe to say that very few people on the planet have fully developed kundalini. I suspect those who believe their kundalini awakening was "full blown" mean it was very intense and went all through their body and chakras.

In my view, kundalini and our other energy flows evolve gradually over years of time, with the first phases usually the most noticeable and disturbing.

Xan
Thanks Xan, that's what I think also.

I want to share also what I did to ground myself.

The first 1.5 months it was impossible for me to ground myself, whatever I did wasn't enough, I was a lot above my head and it was a bit unpleasant. During the nights I had so much energy that I felt like I was levitating. I had some spiritual experiences (and I was very inexperienced) and a couple of those scared me, now that I think of them they weren't bad but you probably know the word "Everybody wants to be spiritual until they start experiencing it"

I decided I needed to do more for grounding, so I went and got myself a black tourmaline pendant. I started wearing this for about 10 min. a day. Never had experiences with crystals, but this one was very powerful. It took my energy down to the bottom of the spine, during the night I felt the energy flowing back up going through my chakras again. In the same time the rapid grounding gave me strong headaches.

After 4-5 days of using it, I felt what I would say as my Earth Star chakra opened. For 2-3 days I had energies going down like crazy, much more rapidly than when they started to go up.

From that day on, I have never had any problem grounding myself. It just happens naturally. When I wake up, the energies go down by itself, I don't have to do anything. It's enough for me to put my feet on the floor.

I hope this helps somebody else too.
I have also read that a lot of people who think have a K awakening, don't. That's why I am not sure what I have :)

Edy

Last edited by Edy31 : 01-01-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 22-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Master

Moving the physical body is grounding. I don't feel the energies while I'm moving around. There is one exception and that happened early on while the energies were still chaotic. At that time they would respond to my emotional state and what I was reading. They would also get very strong during meditation so I took a break from it for awhile. And they'd get very strong at night when I was trying to sleep but I couldn't take a break from that!

The exception was when I was reading a post about astral planes here. I suddenly had a lot of vibration. I had to drive back to work, had an amrita experience while driving and my vision went crazy at work. I was trying to walk around to relieve the experience but it didn't help that time.

A friend told me later I might have been integrating a truth about what I was reading.
Old 22-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Master
When I am experiencing an energy shift of one kind of another, I find that going for a steady rhythmic walk of at least 20 minutes helps to smooth out and integrate it quickly and easily.

Xan

Old 23-12-2010, 02:01 AM
Master
A practice that may help bring on kundalini awakening, or balance and smooth it after it has begun, is Microcosmic Orbit - http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=3682

Xan

Old 23-12-2010, 06:22 AM
Sleepygrass

My experience with the serpent fire has led me to practice the safeties.

kundaliniawakeningsystems1.com/the-safeties.html
Quote:
The Safeties
Guidelines for a safe and joyous activation

If you are in process with Kundalini or intend to be please look through these and begin to practice them daily.

Please read the "Safeties" three times on three different occasions so that you can begin to see and feel how they help you find and understand these very qualities with in yourself that you seek. After reading them begin to practice them daily. Find the time sometime in your day or night or both.

As you do these your experiential knowledge base will expand. Please bring the "Locks" into your daily life.

TONGUE UP
This completes the cranial circuit allowing excess energy to bleed down the sides of the neck. Cultivate the position of the tip of the tongue resting on the fleshy mound right behind your upper front teeth. Make this a new habit.

EYES UP
This is the position of looking towards the brow of points, one and a half inches above the bridge of the nose. Most comfortable when the eyes are closed. This will draw or pull the Kundalini upwards.

FINGERS IN POSITION
This is the thumb tip and fore finger tips joined (pressed together) with the other fingers spread out wide. This is a finger lock.

WATER
As the Kundalini rises it will stimulate and activate the kidneys and the adrenal glands. The adrenals and the kidneys can become hot. Really hot and feel as if they are expanding. The adrenals will release amounts of adrenachrome, or the bodies version of speed. This can be very disconcerting, and can help you to fear. So plenty of living water i.e. water that is from a spring or another source that isn't chlorinated or from the tap of a city, but if the city water is what you've got - drink it. Also plenty of watermelon if you can get it as this can be very soothing for the kidneys.

PROGRAMMING (tv, movies, books, music, friends, family, church)
In our culture we are seeing and reading and hearing, from various sources, many negative and fear evoking forms of entertainment, news and communications. This is not helpful when a person is newly activated with the Kundalini. Fear, excessive lust, hateful attitudes, can be quite painful and damaging to the new Kundalyn energies and many unfortunate events can be created by the Kundalini exposed to such energies. So, no scary movies, or books or radio shows unless you want to experience them in real-time with you as the unwitting star. Music that is angry or hateful or hurtful even if the melody is sweet need to be curtailed. Inter familial problems are sometimes hard to dismiss. Try as much as possible to bring love and peace and forgiveness into your daily and nightly life. I know this sounds difficult but just make it a priority and it will be extremely beneficial to you and your Kundalini, setting the best pattern for the energy to follow in its transformation of your life.

FOOD CHOICES
Pay attention to the new tastes and desires your body begins to have. If you have been a vegetarian and you start having an interest in beef. well, try to find some organic beef and eat it, love it and bless the animal that has given the ultimate gift for you. The Kundalini needs what is in that meat in order to advance your activation. It wants and needs that kind of protein, surrender to this. Or if the opposite is true you're a meat eater and the Kundalyn Energies wish for you to become vegetarian - don't hesitate! Find yourself a great organic market or farmers market and make like a rabbit! Really, you will be much happier I promise. This is only for a short time and then it may switch back as your activation progresses into an awakening. The Kundalini will let you know in no uncertain terms.

FORGIVENESS
Emotional blockages are a main cause of pain and instability within the Kundalini awakening process. Issues of grief, guilt, loss, abandonment and fear can and do manifest within the context of the Kundalini as pain. It is also an attachment for energies that feed off of these conditions. Resolving these difficulties after many years or a lifetime of experience is often difficult and seemingly impossible. First you need to develop the intent and then to follow that intention with action. However many years and in many cases lifetimes that a person has been wracked with pain and anguish there is and has been a way towards resolution. It's called forgiveness. Not always towards a perceived assailant or of another person but also for ones own self. Forgiveness is a Divine aspect of love.

RECAPITULATION
Realizing that we are all here on this physical plane to learn and to come into direct contact with others who have qualities different from our own, forgiveness gives us a platform for tolerance, another Divine aspect of love. In the context of the Kundalyn energies, this is a very important practice that must be done daily and with the most sincere and heartfelt expression. It lays the foundation for most if not all of the special gifts and skills that come with an awakening.

Recapitulate all peoples who have done harm to you. All people whom you have harmed. Think back upon your life experiences and for the moment pick out the highlights of hurts that have been inflicted upon you and by you. Now consciously forgive them and you. There may still be Karmic repercussions but this will go a long way towards ameliorating them. So practice this daily and new remembrances will come to mind getting in line for the forgiveness. This requires an honest acknowledgment of activity from both the receiving and of the inflicting aspects of our experiences with others. Honesty towards ones self is another ingredient that must be attained in order for this to work.

Regardless of where the blame is, forgiveness must be reached for and given. Not a small task to be sure but an essential one. As the forgiveness encounters the heavy vibrational construct of the emotional blockage, Divine love is seeped into the matrix causing, in many instances an emotional outburst of relief and release of burden. The blockage is relieved and the Kundalini continues its invigoration throughout the body.

For optimal results this must be done daily and constantly throughout your conscious periods. For example, someone cuts you off on the freeway forgive them as quickly as you condemn them. Do this immediately and it will begin to smooth your condemnations to the point where you will be happy to let them in and wish them well upon their way. Take this in stages and don't force too much upon yourself all at once but keep the intent strong and healthy in your heart and mind. This will have an almost immediate effect in your life passage as well as being an energetic snowplow for the Kundalini. As in most things practice makes it become second nature, so practice. This concept applies to all of your human interactions. Love and forgiveness are the rules.

INNER JOY
When you experience a situation in which you find yourself in very unfamiliar territory the first impulse is to go into fear. I want you to begin to cultivate a memory of when you have been joyous. Exuberantly joyous. I would have you practice this during the day when you experience something frightening. Immediately supplant this reaction with the inner joy, just the memory of it will change your perception and therefore the energy of the situation. Put a "post it" in your car on the dash if that's where these events happen for you or at work somewhere. Or on the refrigerator at home where you can remind yourself of this new reversal that you are incorporating. You can write "I.J." on it just as a reminder. This is to begin a new form of acceptance of different mind states that will help you on the Kundalini path.

TRUST
Trust the process that is happening to you. Know and understand that God is watching everything. Spirit is watching everything. You are safe in the arms of the Divinity as long as you practice the love and forgiveness that are part of what we teach. If you stray into areas of negativity, willfully, and with malice afore thought, well, then that is what you will receive. In real time. So trust the Kundalini. It has your best interests as part of its agenda or you would not have been allowed to activate or even to have known about this.

HONESTY
As you feel the energy work its way within you be honest with yourself about what is happening. Watch out for denial. If you start falling into denial you can miss information the Kundalini is trying to impart to you so be aware of how you are honestly feeling. Watch yourself closely without becoming obsessed. When you feel sensations of a presence or object traveling inside your spine do not chalk it up to a sore back or that last tennis match or the tight clothing. Unless of course it is. Be clear and honest and see if it fits the descriptions of what you have learned here and if you have questions go on the web and ask the seminar chat room or list to clarify it with you. We will be monitoring and responding to any such inquiries.

LOVE
Actively love what is happening. Express this active love by being actively forgiving and interested in being of service to others. Not in a slavish or demeaning way but in a confidant and strength based, loving way. Help that kid or senior citizen or fellow mortal without endangering yourself preferably. This allows the Kundalini to activate your systems much cleaner and more quickly. I know it sounds hokey but love is the strongest quality and just as the negative can turn around and bite so does the love turn around and embrace - even faster!

Love causes the energy to move rapidly and as you practice this quality you will find that negativity just doesn't seem to come your way as much and then almost never. Service to others or for others is an essential practice for the Kundalini of this lineage. Others who have activated without these teachings have and are suffering terribly and my heart goes out to them. They will learn though in their own good or bad time. They will learn what you are learning right now. This is one of the best safeties you can practice because as I mentioned before you are being observed, really, and those who are observing will not allow you, who are a part, now, of their lineage to be harmed for the practice of love. A protection has been placed around you for the purpose of giving you the opportunity to take this evolutionary step called the Kundalini. As you practice, communications and assurances will be given by this source to help you on the path. Remember your “thank you’s”.

GRATITUDE
Be grateful for the ideas and thoughts and wisdoms that begin to flow into your mind sometimes like a flood. Be grateful for the Kundalini as it is bringing you to a new and greater understanding of the "All that is ". Be grateful to your family and friends and perfect strangers for what they bring to your life and the opportunities that come your way. Say to yourself in your mind and heart that you are grateful for these gifts and even greater ones will come your way. This is the nature of the path you are walking. Diligence and integrity are richly rewarded.

PRAYER
This can be one of the more difficult of the safeties to practice. Especially if you were not raised in an environment respectful or embracing of prayer - like myself. There are many misconceptions about it but I won't go into those here. I will only say that it is very important and must be practiced. Christ is real, Mary is real, Yahweh, Buddha, Allah, Zeus, Cybele, to name a few. All of them are real. And yes, I know this is a "real" stretch for some of you and it was for me too. However we feel about this culturally this is just how it is behind the veil. I'm not saying to pray to all of them but if you don't already have one - Pick one that you like or pick GOD and pray. Pray for healing for a friend or a stranger or a family member. Pray for yourself. Pray for the Kundalini to take you where it is you want to go or to become what it is you want to be. These folks can be very, very helpful. Do not disregard this because you are unaccustomed to it. Stretch yourself and make this a part of your practice.

MOVEMENT

Dance or do Tai Chi or Yoga. These activities nurture the energy in your body, filling the cells and stretching the muscles. Actively practice hands on healing, volunteer, be active, and move! Play or walk but do not sit and be a couch potato. That can lead to a stagnant energy response, and you don't want that - trust me.

SINGLE NOSTRIL BREATHING
If you get to hot place your thumb or finger over your right nostril and breathe through the left continuously and with medium force. This activates the Lunar channel (Ida) and will immediately cool your heat. If you get to cold cover your left nostril breath in a similar fashion and you will warm up. This activating your Solar channel (Pingala).

COMPRESSION PRAYER/ALTERNATE NOSTRIL BREATHING
Breathe in through he left nostril with right nostril covered or blocked Breathe in with the mantra for example "The love of Christ" or "Krishna" "Buddha" or "Allah" or "I am one with the all that I am" Find one that works for you but do not leave out a recognition of God however God is to you.

Use the Law of Trinity. Say the mantra three times upon the intake of the breath through the left nostril. At the top of the breath, Hold and say the mantra three times again. At the beginning of the exhale switch nostrils by covering the left and opening the right and exhaling through the right with the mantra "the love of god" three times, timing the sequence with a "love of God" at the beginning of the exhale and the third one at the end of the exhale. This also applies to the inhales.

Now with the left nostril covered and the right nostril open, inhale with the mantra three times through the right nostril. Hold say to your self the mantra three times and then switch nostrils and cover the right and exhale with the mantra through the left nostril. This equals one cycle. This is called Triangluar breathing.

Looks like this:

(right nostril blocked)
“The love of Christ...... .The love of Christ...... The love of Christ”

(Holding at top of breath)

(Switching nostrils and covering left and exhaling out the right)
“The love of God...... .The love of God...... The love of God”

(Keeping the left nostril blocked inhale through the right)

(Holding at top of breath) Repeat
“The love of Christ” x 3

(Switching nostrils and exhaling through the left)
“The love of God” x 3

And so forth for 15 cycles to start.

Please begin to eat root vegetables
Carrots, beets, radishes, turnips, jicama, potato's, onions, celery root, garlic, ginseng, ginger.

Plenty of water and watermelon
…to ease the strain on the kidneys.
Juices of the roots are also good.

For the more serious among you who can safely do so, please begin a three day fast -
First day : nothing but water
+ prayer and meditation as much as possible with breaks

Second day : nothing but juices of these roots
+ prayer and meditation as much as possible with breaks

Third day : same

The Practice

Every day or night or both

5 Tibetans
Start slow with no more than 6 repetitions for each Tibetan

Forgiveness's
Recapitulations, Forgiveness of self and others

Gratitude's
For the good and the bad as teachings are acquired with both

Surrendering
Opening completely to the energy with love and joy and the desire to be at one with the kundalini as it is revealed to you

Prayers to the Shakti
Goddess energy and personal deity for awakening

Compression Prayer with alternate nostril breathing
15 cycles no more with tongue up, eyes up and fingers locked

Meditation
Old 23-12-2010, 10:15 PM
Edy31

The Kundalini rising takes a long time to complete, many lifetimes probably.

I don't have much knowledge about the soul and spirit, and I am curious to know, when we die does the Kundalini rising continue, or will it stop until we reincarnate again and of course if we decide to reawaken it in our next reincarnation.

Another question is, the goal is to raise Kundalini all the way and to pierce the Bindu, so that we can be one with the Absolute.
The yogis advise that you need to continue pushing the energy up so that you reach that goal.
The regular person, regular here meaning a person whose path is not meditation, or that has a spontaneous K awakening, he will not try and raise the energy. In the past many people with awakened K, did not know what they had, there was no internet or some other way of knowing, and most times they were considered as schizophrenic.

In these cases K goes back to sleep after some time, it can be days, months or years. Does this person achieve something, or does it depend on how the person defines the experience.

Thanks for any input.