Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 21-12-2010, 01:10 AM
Master
Kundalini Rising

Greetings...

I'm not an expert on Kundalini but I wanted to open a thread where I and others could share our knowledge and experience of it.

Kundalini is a spiritual fire energy that in most people is dormant from birth and lies curled at the root of the body until something - a meditation practice, a soul mate meeting, or some other catalyst - activates it.

The energy then 'wakes up' and begins to move upward through central energy channels called the Sushumna, which is alongside or inside the spinal cord... and Ida and Pingala, which spiral around the sushumna in a double helix. (Like two serpents, the form of DNA, and the medical symbol, the Caduseus.)

The kundalini flow moves up through each of the chakras in succession until it reaches the crown. This takes place in a number of stages, which vary from one person to another.

When this is going on... usually for a few weeks or months... a person may have a variety of unusual sensations and experiences from time to time, such as the body heating or cooling, vibrations and shaking, stirred up emotions and moods, changes in diet and sleeping habits, rashes or illnesses, dreams and visions, a sense of expanded or deepened awareness, a change of interests, increased or decreased sexual involvement, and many other signs.

These come with varying degrees of discomfort, and sometimes can be quite frightening. With understanding that this is a valuable part of our spiritual awakening we can handle the energy shifts better and with less fear.

In addition, there are ways we can ease through them... with conscious belly breathing...and with becoming more present and simply accepting whatever is happening, realizing that it's temporary and won't last.

Kundalini awakes and arises as part of our spiritual awakening, and is not very predictable in its effects as each of us is a unique individual configuration of energy and consciousness.

It helps to realize that our higher self is in charge of our awakening and transformation. Gradually we can come to know our higher / true Self directly and intimately, and to trust in that.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 21-12-2010 at 03:07 AM.
Old 21-12-2010, 01:34 AM
Master
Here's a Kundalini image and article: http://www.crystalinks.com/kundalini.html

And another article that's not so technical on Signs and Symptoms of Kundalini: http://www.elcollie.com/st/symptoms.html

Here's one about the sushumna, ida and pingala, and down the page... the chakras: http://www.rickrichards.com/chakras/Chakras1b.html

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 21-12-2010 at 03:03 AM.
Old 21-12-2010, 01:53 AM
relaXman

I think ;
everbody knows this kind of information regarding to koundalina;
this not case ;
the case is ;nobody can awaken kundalina even using some methods;
So What is the best practical method to awaken kundalina ?
Old 21-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Master
relaXman... I think most people don't know much about kundalini at all, and are often surprised and frightened when it spontaneously begins to arise.

In fact, I caution people against 'trying' to awaken kundalini but going for meditation, microcosmic orbit, chakra clearing and possibly gentle sushumna circulating practices to expand and deepen their awareness and energy flows... and let kundalini and other energy activations come along as they will, in right timing.

Xan

Last edited by Xan : 21-12-2010 at 10:26 PM.
Old 21-12-2010, 04:27 AM
Ciqala

I agree, this is a great thread to have, perhaps everyone can compile lots of support for those going through kundalini awakening.

Kundalini in sanskrit means "coiled", and Shakti, is believed to be a goddess, or sometimes portrayed as a serpent, which is coiled up at the base of the spine, during kundalini awakening, Shakti uncoils all the way up the spine.

It lasts for a certain amount of time? That sort of defeats the purpose of awakening. An awakening doesn't die out, once awakened, the goal is to be always awake. Uncomfortable side effects and symptoms may cease, but the energies should be awake forever. A person will be able to easily have kundalini whenever they want, while still sticking to the balance of all chakras. This is why it's probably important to learn to control the kundalini.

"The goal of Tantra is to have the kundalini remain permanently elevated to the topmost psychoenergetic center, which state coincides with liberation. At the beginning, however, the kundalini will tend to return to the cakra at the base of the spine, because the body-mind is not yet adequately prepared. Therefore the practitioner must repeatedly invite the Goddess power to unite with her divine spouse, Shiva, at the top of Mount Kailasa, that is, in the sahasrara-cakra. This will gradually remove the karmic inclination toward identifying with the body-mind rather than Shiva-Shakti as one's ultimate identity. In Kashmiri Tantra, this ever-blissful transcendental identity is called aham ("I") versus the finite ego (ahamkara, "I-maker"), which is driven by the desire to maximize pleasure and minimize pain and yet continuously sows the seeds of suffering."

And once one is truly awakened Fully from Kundalini, they reach the climax of cosmic life. The stage of Nirvikalpa Samadhi, their whole life is changed, and they have a permanent enlightenment, permanent communication, with their higher power, it is said, in the last 150 years of history only two have actually achieved this full awakening. They were Sri Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Maharishi Ramana. Both these gentlemen awakened their Kundalini in their lifetime and gained enlightenment and finally salvation, thus they do not have to be reincarnated ever again.
It's not like Kundalini just stops, and by the time it does, you are most likely dead and reunited with the divine.
Old 21-12-2010, 10:27 PM
Master
Thanks in progress. I hoped you would show up and maybe say a few words about your own experience, because I feel you have a clear and balanced view of it.

Xan

Old 21-12-2010, 10:57 PM
Edy31

All the above are great links which I have read in the past months. I'd like to share another one which I find is a good explanation of the kundalini process

swamij.com/kundalini-awakening-1.htm

Edy
Old 21-12-2010, 11:09 PM
Experiencer
I have not had a full kundalini awakening yet, but I have experienced its energy rising during meditation a number of times. The first time it happened it was incredibly powerful and did quite frighten me (I remember that it felt like it was setting light to each of my chakras - every time it reached a new chakra there was this huge powerful whoomph of energy). I also remember that when the energy moved down my arms there was a big whoosh of energy out of my hands, too. But at the point where I began to feel afraid, it died away. I have the impression now that my guides or angels were helping me and calmed its energy when I reacted that way.

My experiences since then have been very gentle and much more healing rather than explosive - it feels very pleasant moving up and down my spine. I can feel it fizzling away at energetic blockages and healing me. I did undergo a lot of changes with all this powerful energy work.

It's some time since I felt it and I don't feel it's quite the right time for my full awakening yet, though I know it will happen and am happy for that to be whenever is appropriate. Thank you for the informative thread. There is so little information out there about such an important and life-changing phenomenon. Alarmingly little, really.
Old 21-12-2010, 11:27 PM
Edy31

How do you know if it is a full blown or partial?
I have been told that I have my K awakened and it is months that I am trying to understand my situation.
I feel all my chakras are opened and the energy rises 24/7 and goes out from the top of my head.

I cannot read, or do much work or it causes a lot of energy to go up and I can feel my third eye pulsating even with my eyes opened.
I have read about the symptoms and I wouldn't say I have all of them, but I guess some of the symptoms, like the body shaking are symptoms of partial awakening.

Last edited by Edy31 : 01-01-2011 at 01:27 AM.