Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 27-12-2014, 05:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Chakra at the back of the head?

Which chakra sits at the back of the head? I thought it was my crown for a long time because I feel a lot of activity there but I realised when I meditate I feel my crown open above the top of my head instead. So it can't be the same. But somehow it's connected to both my crown and third eye chakras.

So, which one is it, and what does it do?
Old 27-12-2014, 05:53 PM
Master
Each of the major chakras have an opening in the front, and the back of the body. So it's possible you could be feeling the rear of third eye chakra.

That said, there are also a vast array of smaller chakras, and it could be a smaller chakra at the rear of the head. I am not familiar with a smaller rear chakra.
Old 27-12-2014, 06:29 PM
Master
Depends where, opposite the third eye is the back of the third eye, each chakra has a front and back.
But there is one lower down, the Alta Major chakra.
And yes, the crown chakra is on top of your head, hence the name "crown"...
Old 01-01-2015, 09:21 PM
Guide
The third eye chakra has a rear opening where the skull meets the spinal cord. One can feel say a blockage of the energy of such actually spread throughout the skull, may affect neck(neckaches), wrap-around migraines, pressure from base of skull extending up even to the top of the head. It can also effect the other chakras, but can easily be traced as the root of the energy flow.

There are also several "minor" chakras, ears, tip of nose, etc., quiet fun to play with if you are so willing.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:24 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes.. I think it's the rear third eye chakra. Thank you everyone. I think there was a blockage in it but it's unblocking now.

Btw, how is the rear different from the front? What does it govern?
Old 01-01-2015, 09:48 PM
Master
Have a look at this about the "alta major" chakra...
http://www.arthurwallis.com/Alta_Major_Chakra.html
There are other web pages about it, too.

Very many people, from what I've been reading here on SF and elsewhere, are experiencing sensations in this (base of skull) area. Seems very important in the current era.
Old 01-01-2015, 09:52 PM
Deactivated Account

The alta major chakra doesn't resonate with what I'm feeling but.. I don't have any access to past life memories. I seem blocked off to it. So maybe it could be an implant???
Old 01-01-2015, 10:53 PM
candelight

I had the same feeling. Like drops running down the back of my head and was told it could be chakra nr 8 connection. I think I posted this earlier here.
Old 02-01-2015, 01:57 AM
Suspended

There is another secret chakra in this area as well, called Lalana or Talu Chakra.

Quote:
Approximately two inches above the Vishudha, in the area behind the uvula, there is another secret and sacred secondary chakra called the Lalana, which is the seat of the female energy of the tongue. It is also known as the Talu chakra. Some ancient tantric texts advise practitioners to bring the Kundalini to this chakra and let it stabilize there before attempting to bring it up into the higher chakras.

In the Saubhagya-Lakshmi Upanishads (111, 6) the Lalana chakra is described as having 12 bright red petals. Other texts say it has 64 silvery white petals and a bright red periphery called ghantika, where the energy of the moon exudes its nectar (bramhi or bhumi). When this chakra opens, it gives the sadhak (practitioner) a glimpse of cosmic emptiness or the great Void.

The Eight Principal Siddhis If the sadak succeeds in raising the Kundalini to the Lalana chakra he will attain the eight principal siddhis or psychic-spiritual powers. These powers are:

A?ima: the power to reduce one’s body to the size of an atom;
Mahima: the power to expand one’s body infinitely;
Garima: the power to become as heavy as gold;
Laghima: the power to become as light as a feather;
Prapti: the power to access all places and all dimensions;
Prakamya: the power to materialize any desired object or situation;
Ishtva: the power of absolute lordship over all;
Vashtva: the power to subjugate all.

You can see it in the diagram below (Talu): kshetram is a superficial activation point:

Old 02-01-2015, 03:27 AM
Guide
Quote:
Like drops running down the back of my head
Cool, I've had that too!(And in other spots/chakras). Quite funny, sometimes like icy drops or at other times like cold water and then there's the golden syrup/liquid light drips. Are you able to see the liquid or how do you sense it?