Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Spiritualism

Old 21-11-2010, 07:34 PM
deepsea

Guides and Reincarnation.

A question.

Why do we need guides in our earthly lives?
What exactly do they do to help us?

As far as I know,reading about reincarnation,we are given a certain life to live.
We live that life,making our own decisions and take the fallout if we make the wrong decision.

Now where do guides come in to assist us,if we make a wrong choice and take a wrong turning in that road?
Can they put us back on the straight and narrow or are we to sort our mistakes out?

In other words,are guides really needed?

Deapsea
Old 21-11-2010, 07:39 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
A question.

Why do we need guides in our earthly lives?
What exactly do they do to help us?

As far as I know,reading about reincarnation,we are given a certain life to live.
We live that life,making our own decisions and take the fallout if we make the wrong decision.

Now where do guides come in to assist us,if we make a wrong choice and take a wrong turning in that road?
Can they put us back on the straight and narrow or are we to sort our mistakes out?

In other words,are guides really needed?

Deapsea

Guides ar emore to help give us little nudges along the way; post little sticky notes along our path. Mine accompanies me to "Summerland" and explains how it functions. I know of a shaman who has 3 spirit guides and his guides have let me see them. He is baffled as to why they would do that since I don't look Indian ( altho I do have Native American blood), but his guides have never revealed themselves to anyone.

There are a lot of memebers here who know much more than I do about spirit guides, tho. I have only had experience with mine and my friend's.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Rumar

A lot of people tend to rely on others for their spiritual development whether its with guides or other folks/beings regardless of the being's place (astral or physical)
Old 21-11-2010, 07:51 PM
SunSister

I see my guides as people I can bounce ideas and suggestions off of. The advantage is that they are more aware of my life plans than I (consciously) am, so they can talk me through a lot of the things I tend to come up with. Mine have always said that there are no wrong choices, but that there can be misinformed choices along the way. That's when they have to work a little extra to make sure that everything ends up as was discussed before I came down to Earth. (It is quite hilarious to have them around when I'm not sure what decision to make, to be honest with you. They'll wince and hiss at the particularly bad suggestions that I never want to follow up on before they even notice I'm not taking those suggestions seriously.)

Why do I need guides? I love the company. They let me sort out most of my troubles, but keep an eye and ear out in my life so that I don't end up in big messes. I need 'em because they know my soul's contract for this life and I trust them to help me fulfill that contract. Easy as that.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:52 PM
Experiencer
My thoughts on Guides are, we have one main Guide, who has been with us since our birth (before that even) and that Guide remains with us until we pass over.
There are a number of other guides/helpers, each one being with us through different stages of our life. Once we have learnt a certain lesson/s that Guide moves on and another one steps in and so it continues.

Each and everyone of us has a spirit guide, not one person walks this earth alone. We do not necessary keep with the same guide throughout our earthly life. We attract new guides as when the needs be, and to what level we are at our development.

When we evolve more, we can also have many guides to help us do the work that we have set out to do, they can help us in different aspects of our lives but cannot sort out every problem we come across, they may help us so that we do not need to suffer more than we have to but also we have to take responsibility for ourselves, of all our problems there is always an answers but not always in the way we hoped, but more so for a lesson, development or higher good that was needed.

Old 21-11-2010, 07:52 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
A lot of people tend to rely on others for their spiritual development whether its with guides or other folks/beings regardless of the being's place (astral or physical)

'Others' do have their places and roles..whether one should rely on them is a moot point.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:53 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricia
My thoughts on Guides are, we have one main Guide, who has been with us since our birth (before that even) and that Guide remains with us until we pass over.
There are a number of other guides/helpers, each one being with us through different stages of our life. Once we have learnt a certain lesson/s that Guide moves on and another one steps in and so it continues...

I'm broadly in agreement but don't like 'guides' much.

I prefer 'helpers' - much less contentious.
Old 21-11-2010, 07:55 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunSister
I see my guides as people I can bounce ideas and suggestions off of. The advantage is that they are more aware of my life plans than I (consciously) am, so they can talk me through a lot of the things I tend to come up with. Mine have always said that there are no wrong choices, but that there can be misinformed choices along the way. That's when they have to work a little extra to make sure that everything ends up as was discussed before I came down to Earth. (It is quite hilarious to have them around when I'm not sure what decision to make, to be honest with you. They'll wince and hiss at the particularly bad suggestions that I never want to follow up on before they even notice I'm not taking those suggestions seriously.)

Why do I need guides? I love the company. They let me sort out most of my troubles, but keep an eye and ear out in my life so that I don't end up in big messes. I need 'em because they know my soul's contract for this life and I trust them to help me fulfill that contract. Easy as that.

I can identify with most of this.... but I don't consciously get to know mine.
Old 21-11-2010, 08:15 PM
deepsea

Plenty of good replies there but still wondering how some people get to know their guides and others don't.

I know I have guides,been told so.
Even have a great picture of one but can honestly say,on asking,I have never received what I would call a 'realistic' answer.
Symbols,signs? Yes,I suppose I could say that but how do we work out what the signs mean?

Deepsea
Old 21-11-2010, 09:26 PM
SunSister

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
still wondering how some people get to know their guides and others don't.

I don't really know. I suppose I know the guide who's been with me from birth onward because he was a blood brother of mine. My Mum miscarried the child that came before me.. that child was him.. I've always been attuned to his presence. My earliest memory of this life is of his presence, so I have never had to become aware of it. Don't know why some people meet their guides so early, like I did, or later on in life or not at all.

Quote:
Symbols,signs? Yes,I suppose I could say that but how do we work out what the signs mean?

Trial and error. My guides and I developed a series of symbols, signs and markings over the past seven-something years. These range from number sequences to religious symbols to ancient markings like runes to full-on drawings. Sometimes I receive them through automatic writing. At other times, my soulkin receive these messages and pass them on to me. And at yet again other times, I run into blatantly obvious messages that can be a song on the radio or a number sequence on a clock. The method isn't foolproof and I'm sometimes left not knowing what they want to say, but it's something that I've learned to decipher over time. Made my fair share of mistakes, too.

My advice when it comes to working out what signs might mean? Numerology books. Dictionaries of symbolism. Knowledge of writings like runic script and ogham. Dream dictionaries. Tarot card symbolisms. Anything that deals with hidden messages or deeper layers of meaning to a seemingly obvious sign. It does help, somewhat.