Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 31-03-2014, 10:35 PM
Seeker
The effects of eating meat on human chakra

Can someone help me identify any adverse effects if any at all from eating meat on meditation and the human chakra?
Old 01-04-2014, 12:09 AM
Ascender
I read somewhere that being vegetarian makes you less likely to fall victim to diseases such as cancer, heart disease, etc. So I'm willing to bet that since illness is the side effect of an underlying and perhaps spiritual malady, meat might not be the best thing for you, spiritually speaking.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:13 AM
Super Moderator
I don't know about the physical/etheric effects.

But (and this is only my own opinion) -with 'meditation and human chakras', what we are really talking about is consciousness, and the concentration and focus and flowing of energy. The consciousness -levels of compassion, kindness, and unconditional Love, are better nurtured, than overlooked.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan
Can someone help me identify any adverse effects if any at all from eating meat on meditation and the human chakra?
There are no accross the board effects from eating meat on the chakras. Chakras are energy centers. Your energy (includes chakra centers) will increase if you eat food compatible (in alignment) with your energy and will decrease if you eat foods incompatible with your energy (out of alignment, poisons). There are few if any foods that are not 'bad' for somebody. There are poisons that negatively affect nearly everyone, however, 'meat' is not one of them.

So to be clear, meat may increase or decrease a chakra based on the combination of that particular type of meat and your personal energy system. So, to find out in your situation, you need to either get tested or try and check (your energy).
Old 01-04-2014, 06:15 AM
Melanin

I'm pretty sure people who enjoy their meat will say not much is of consuming it.

Its scientifically proven that consuming dense food, meat, causes the majority of the blood and energy to focus itself in the stomach region due to having to process it. This takes as many as days to deal with.

So regardless of who you are meat has a detrimental effect on the human body and chakras. Anyone who has fasted or lived a 'lighter' lifestyle will tell you their bodies were rejuvenated, more energy abounds, and life is of a better quality due primarily to that one reason alone.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanin
So regardless of who you are meat has a detrimental effect on the human body and chakras. Anyone who has fasted or lived a 'lighter' lifestyle will tell you their bodies were rejuvenated, more energy abounds, and life is of a better quality due primarily to that one reason alone.

I have done fasts, was a vegetarian for years, even went on a raw diet for a year.. And on each of those, I did not find myself to feel as you claim one would by following said lifestyle choice. I found myself lacking energy and feeling more sluggish than when I eat meat..

I agree with wstein that one should follow a eating style that is compatible with their bodies and their energies. Our bodies are smart enough to be able to tell you what it needs to fuel itself.

In a perfect world we'd all get by on sunshine and air.. Sometimes, that's not always the case.

I know some people will say that eating meat prevents us from being able to connect to spirit. But as a medium, I do not have an issue with connecting with spirit while eating meat. Of course for me I can not break down and digest fruits and veggies. And eating them has an adverse affect on my body and how it functions.
Old 01-04-2014, 08:15 PM
Master

What innerlight said.

For me, it's more about the respect animals are given, that they are honoured and gratitude is given for the part they have played in nourishing us and for their families.

I would dearly love to be organic in my lifestyle as that I believe is more honouring all round but everywhere I go, I'm met with the problem that organic is not cost effective.

There is a good alternative to organic and that is ethical - so chickens aren't fed unnatural foods and so on.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:09 PM
Melanin

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
I have done fasts, was a vegetarian for years, even went on a raw diet for a year.. And on each of those, I did not find myself to feel as you claim one would by following said lifestyle choice. I found myself lacking energy and feeling more sluggish than when I eat meat..

I agree with wstein that one should follow a eating style that is compatible with their bodies and their energies. Our bodies are smart enough to be able to tell you what it needs to fuel itself.

In a perfect world we'd all get by on sunshine and air.. Sometimes, that's not always the case.

I know some people will say that eating meat prevents us from being able to connect to spirit. But as a medium, I do not have an issue with connecting with spirit while eating meat. Of course for me I can not break down and digest fruits and veggies. And eating them has an adverse affect on my body and how it functions.

I agree some people do claim to not have felt a difference when changing dietary habits but I will say in my experience those people are few. Plus the op asked about meat and its effects on chakras and I strongly doubt your body was having an equally hard time digesting fruit/veggies compared to meat.

A lighter diet will free up more energy from the lower chakras and spread it to the rest of the body.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:38 PM
lilybug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanin
I agree some people do claim to not have felt a difference when changing dietary habits but I will say in my experience those people are few. Plus the op asked about meat and its effects on chakras and I strongly doubt your body was having an equally hard time digesting fruit/veggies compared to meat.

A lighter diet will free up more energy from the lower chakras and spread it to the rest of the body.

I've been a vegetarian for over 3 years and I absolutely have more energy but I also eat more veggies and fruits than when I ate meat. My choice to become a veg was for the animals sake and it has made me feel more connected with the force of life. So overall I have become more spiritual and feel healthier. I imagine we won't all feel this way but you never know until you try it. (:

check out a book called The Book of Chakras by Ambika Wauters. In the back is a list of foods for your chakras including meat.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:47 PM
Experiencer

I have to say I do not think vegitarians or meat eaters are any more spiritual than anyone else.. I honestly do not think this affects ones Chakrahs... If you are worried re your own Chakrahs, you can have them 'Rebalanced'.. I used to run a workshop showing people how... I eat meat, but not every day, I have friends who are vegitarian and are accomlished Mediums even.. I honestly do not think it has any effect...