Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-06-2011, 11:09 AM
Master
The Crown Is The Destination Not a Chakra to Open

This is a common misconception. The experience of an "open" crown chakra is actually the brow chakra connecting to the crown. When Kundalini pierces the crown the soul in human embodiment is completed, fulfilled, perfected, permanently united to the cosmos - and all the chakras below are immediately fully opened and perfected. And the human experience becomes SATCHITANANDA - freedom from illusion, mergence in pure consciousness, and bliss. All that keeps the soul connected to the human body at this stage is a desire to help and a love for others still stuck in the chakras below.

There is nothing wrong with using spiritual practices that purport to "open" the crown chakra, as these will facilitate the opening of the brow. However the piercing of the crown is a gift of grace from the Universe, from the Divine, not an act of will by the individual soul.

www.blue-star.org
Old 03-06-2011, 04:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
This is a common misconception. The experience of an "open" crown chakra is actually the brow chakra connecting to the crown. When Kundalini pierces the crown the soul in human embodiment is completed, fulfilled, perfected, permanently united to the cosmos - and all the chakras below are immediately fully opened and perfected. And the human experience becomes SATCHITANANDA - freedom from illusion, mergence in pure consciousness, and bliss. All that keeps the soul connected to the human body at this stage is a desire to help and a love for others still stuck in the chakras below.

There is nothing wrong with using spiritual practices that purport to "open" the crown chakra, as these will facilitate the opening of the brow. However the piercing of the crown is a gift of grace from the Universe, from the Divine, not an act of will by the individual soul.

www.blue-star.org

That's an interesting take on things. How does this interpretation explain the higher 'non-body' chakras? I learned that there are 14 chakras total but others postulate as many as 21.
Old 03-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
I learned that there are 14 chakras total

Indeed, comes from stuff like this:

... think I posted that before...

Quote:
but others postulate as many as 21.

... or more. :) Waldo Vieira says at least thirty of significance (from personal experiment), a teacher of mine said Cindy Dale's 32-chakra system definitely had something to it, and Greenwell, in combing the scriptures, came up with a possible total of 43, but many minor ones included in that.

As for the crown/Sahasrara, it certainly doesn't behave like the other chakras, but I still believe it can be opened with practices in itself. (It does depend on the state of one's conscience.) The opening of it doesn't mean divine union 'sat-chit-ananda' occurs immediately at that moment IMO, but simply that it becomes possible. In kundalini the skull plates can shift to help energy through the crown. There is more beyond the bodily crown. Just my opinion though.
Old 03-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Master
Thanks for that. I like the pic and the info.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:08 PM
Master
Some sacred texts speak only of six chakras because these are the most important ones for 99.9% of the human race. and of these six, the brow is the one that facilitates development of the ones below.

My information comes from my teacher who speaks from direct experience not research.

There is a lot of misinformation out there. Healers often confuse gross energy functions of the chakras with their higher spiritual functions. For spiritual development the seven chakras are the most important ones.

Because this is our reality, because we are spiritual beings (souls) manifesting in a human experience, those who have experienced all seven have shared their knowledge with others and it has been handed down in every culture and age in one form or another. When I read a book by Hermes from ancient Egypt I thought my own teacher could have written this. They are speaking from the same awareness. But of course along the way this knowledge becomes distorted, like the game broken telephone. I feel very fortunate to know someone who can tell me the truth, which is very simple yet profound. The complication comes in the retellings (broken telephone phenomenon).

and then there are other barriers to receiving the truth...

As I experience my own chakras and awakenings, his teachings spring to life in me and in the world around me which changes as I change. And so it is with any teaching. The real test is to experience their truth for yourself.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:11 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by uma
The real test is to experience their truth for yourself.

I'm well aware of this... ah well, I guess the bias against people who both know how to research and how to do the actual work is occasionally quite strong these days, and of course the tendency to label as 'distorted misinformation' anything that contradicts one's favoured interpretations has never gone out of style. One has a perfect right to be biased, but it doesn't make for a very sociable time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Thanks for that. I like the pic and the info.

Welcome. That's a Rajasthani print from the 18th c. -- here's one from Nepal 19th c. showing a similar approach:

So who do you know who likes 21 chakras? :)
Old 04-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Master
Thanks guys this is great.
Spiritlite.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:04 AM
Master
I don't know if it's great or not, but it seems to me we are expected to take Sri whatsisname's word as gospel.
Old 05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Master
Fish

Seven chakras in the human experience, which are also seven worlds/ dimensions (lokas, in Sanscrit); seven chakras in the sub-human experience which are the hellish worlds (talas); and seven in the post-enlightenment experience which are the celestial worlds. Beyond these is the nameless, formless void which cannot be experienced because it is completely beyond ego. Ego needs the chakras in order to experience and express life. All of this is beyond the reach of the average person. The Supreme needs the ego in order to experience itself. Seven chakras are what we use every day and what we need to focus on in order to evolve. The rest is philosophy and intellectual curiosity and other agendas.

I'm not interested in splitting hairs for other agendas or getting into debates about authenticity. Those who are interested in consciously working on their evolution will be curious and test it out for themselves. The proof is, as they say, in the pudding. It doesn't matter in the end what you believe in, but what you express. Thank you Spiritlite for appreciating. I will not respond to disrespectful comments (but moderators may).
Old 05-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I'm not interested in splitting hairs for other agendas or getting into debates about authenticity.

Well if you don't want such debates, why raise the question of authenticity? As you did here:

Quote:
of course along the way this knowledge becomes distorted, like the game broken telephone. I feel very fortunate to know someone who can tell me the truth, which is very simple yet profound. The complication comes in the retellings (broken telephone phenomenon).

In other words you have the truth, and everyone else has an inauthentic "broken telephone".

And furthermore, you have experience, and everyone else is just guessing from scriptures and has doubtful agendas.

And if we disagree with this we are being "disrespectful".

I second the view of Gem. :)