Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 08-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Good. I am pleased to hear that you have dropped your accusations of criminality, and insanity concerning NA. If that is so you wont seem quite so ridiculous.

Now thats out of the way perhaps you would care to comment on Nisargadatta's use of the direct approach. No? I thought not:)

As you will recall, it is multiple reports that refer to Tony Parsons and Neo Advaita as cult like and fairy floss. They are contained at length in the thread “Agreement” and are an important read for anyone interested in the shortcut to liberation.

So you are now claiming that you are actually following Advaita Vedanta per Nisargadatta?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119103&page=6
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119103&page=3

How things have progressed in the new year.

Wonderful to see that you converted to following practice/inquiry based teachers after, I presume, realizing how indefensible and empty of substance the Neo-Advaita path is! And now you reference Sri Nisargadatta all the time - such admirable faith and devotion to the inquiry based practice!

I look forward to hearing more about how you now apply Sri Nisargadatta’s teachings - please elaborate and explain how you follow it so we can witness the congruence of his teachings and your beliefs as well. It will be an interesting discussion.

BT
Old 08-01-2018, 06:27 AM
Suspended
Ascender

[quote=Iamit]Good. I am pleased to hear that you have dropped your accusations of criminality, and insanity concerning NA. If that is so you wont seem quite so ridiculous. [quote]

And here are the reports that I presume you are referencing:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=118554&page=4

Note that I haven’t dropped anything I have personally said on this topic..

Be well, iamit.

BT
Old 08-01-2018, 06:53 AM
Master

[quote=blossomingtree]As you will recall, it is multiple reports that refer to Tony Parsons and Neo Advaita as cult like and fairy floss. They are contained at length in the thread “Agreement” and are an important read for anyone interested in the shortcut to liberation.

So you are now claiming that you are actually following Advaita Vedanta per Nisargadatta?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119103&page=6
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119103&page=3

How things have progressed in the new year.

Wonderful to see that you converted to following practice/inquiry based teachers after, I presume, realizing how indefensible and empty of substance the Neo-Advaita path is! And now you reference Sri Nisargadatta all the time - such admirable faith and devotion to the inquiry based practice!

I look forward to hearing more about how you now apply Sri Nisargadatta’s teachings - please elaborate and explain how you follow it so we can witness the congruence of his teachings and your beliefs as well. It will be an interesting discussion.

BT[/QUOT

You agree with the smears you post about NA and have repeated them yourelf as your own opinion.

As you well know, Nisargadatta recommended practise for some and used the direct approach for others. What do you think of his use of the direct approach? :)

The reason for your avoidance of that question is clear for all to see. You cannot bear to acknowledge freedom of choice, that the direct approach may be suitable for some. Dont you realize how ridiculous it is that you keep posting the same evasive response? Please keep doing it, it proves the weakness of your position concerning the direct approach :)
Old 08-01-2018, 09:57 AM
Master
Quote:
You cant judge others by what you regard as relevant. Well you can if you like but it doesn't make much sense because you are not them having thier experience. I prefer to just ask and listen to their account of what after all is their experience.

I was seeking the end of feeling disconnected. Others want more, something they call enlightenment (whatever that means) but I am quite happy with no longer feeling disconnected.

How about you? How would you describe what you are seeking?

Who mentioned judgement? And who mentioned relevance.It appeared through your own thoughts and words which I found myself curiously looking at for a moment or two..

Where you are in this moment cannot know the moment of ten years time for yourself can it? Life in all its mysteries and wonder, might call you to the road less travelled in lots of different ways that even your own knowing cannot fathom of the unknown of yourself and your life in this moment. Ten years time you might have a whole new take on your seeking and where you are moving towards. I am not dictating what your experience will be, but no one can know the full extent of their own journey without consideration of the unknown becoming known more complete as life goes on..

In your question to me. I suppose you could say I am practicing just being, with conscious choice to remind myself if I slip back into mind games with myself, to just focus on Being and maintain a positive happy disposition. I am not seeking more engaging and being in places that excite me and allow me to express myself and deepen my own realizations about myself and of course allowing others the same... I like to share of myself. We are all connected so life is a wonderful journey to grow through in so many ways, so sharing in places I love to share, be myself and just enjoy doing what I do, engaging and participating is enough.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 08-01-2018, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Nisargadatta recommended practise for some and used the direct approach for others.

What practice did Nis' recommend apart from self inquiry?
Old 08-01-2018, 11:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Who mentioned judgement? And who mentioned relevance.It appeared through your own thoughts and words which I found myself curiously looking at for a moment or two..

Where you are in this moment cannot know the moment of ten years time for yourself can it? Life in all its mysteries and wonder, might call you to the road less travelled in lots of different ways that even your own knowing cannot fathom of the unknown of yourself and your life in this moment. Ten years time you might have a whole new take on your seeking and where you are moving towards. I am not dictating what your experience will be, but no one can know the full extent of their own journey without consideration of the unknown becoming known more complete as life goes on..

In your question to me. I suppose you could say I am practicing just being, with conscious choice to remind myself if I slip back into mind games with myself, to just focus on Being and maintain a positive happy disposition. I am not seeking more engaging and being in places that excite me and allow me to express myself and deepen my own realizations about myself and of course allowing others the same... I like to share of myself. We are all connected so life is a wonderful journey to grow through in so many ways, so sharing in places I love to share, be myself and just enjoy doing what I do, engaging and participating is enough.

Ok thanks for sharing. Understood. Sounds like things are going well in the terms you describe.

Yes anything can happen. I can speak about my experience in the past or present. How I feel about connection in the future does not concern me because the future is never here:) I could imagine it but don't bother as it may be nothing like I imagine:)

You don't have to mention the word "judgement" in order to judge what may be right for another. "In the end you are really just seeking yourself- Iamit" You have no idea about that because you do not share my experience. But anyway never mind. Be well and good luck.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
What practice did Nis' recommend apart from self inquiry?

I don't know because I didn't dwell on that aspect as I'm not into it.

Is there a detailed word index on line that I can use to find the quite long passage with the depressed guy when N gave a long example of the direct approach?
Old 08-01-2018, 12:10 PM
Master

[quote=blossomingtree][quote=Iamit]Good. I am pleased to hear that you have dropped your accusations of criminality, and insanity concerning NA. If that is so you wont seem quite so ridiculous.
Quote:

And here are the reports that I presume you are referencing:

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=118554&page=4

Note that I haven’t dropped anything I have personally said on this topic..

Be well, iamit.

BT

As I suspected, you remain into denying free choice and smearing those who disagree with you.

Don't forget to reply to the question about N. Don't worry I'll remind you next time. Bring it on:)
Old 08-01-2018, 11:30 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Good. I am pleased to hear that you have dropped your accusations of criminality, and insanity concerning NA. If that is so you wont seem quite so ridiculous.

As I suspected, you remain into denying free choice and smearing those who disagree with you.

Don't forget to reply to the question about N. Don't worry I'll remind you next time. Bring it on:)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...=119103&page=4

When lying, please keep track of your lies. It smooths the churning process in your mind, although now reading your last posts, are you or are you not following Sri Nisargadatta's approach? If you were, it would seem to me that you are doing practice, and not just buying into "I am enlightened because I want to believe I am and so I will attack anyone who dares to point out this incongruence"! Seems that you actually don't know what Sri Nisargadatta's comprehensive context of teachings are, yet are trying to use this to defend the incongruent Tony Parsons speeches?? Can you explain it or are you that stretched that you are now using Advaita-Vedanta to defend your beliefs??

Oh dear!

BT
Old 08-01-2018, 11:43 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Updating for 2018

Iamit - Neo-Advaita & Tony Parsons extraordinaire Ambassador of 2017/18 playing every trick in the Neo-Advaita book??

*Links underlined*

The Fable of Neo-Advaita Tales v "Everyone else"

Round 1: They talk about us because Advaita-Vedanta is jealous of us!

Round 2: It's different because it's a matter of West v East

Round 3: It's only a matter of personality

Round 4: Neo-Advaita suits people who are tired of being told they are not good enough and that they are not enlightened - this way there is instant coffee

Round 5: There is just anger from the tried and tested way - religions are so scared of Neo-Advaita dethroning them!

Round 6 Mega Punch: Neo-Advaita & Parsons teachings is a rebellion against the "totalitarian" regime of Advaita-Vedanta

Round 7: We need to defend ourselves against the mad persecution of Advaita-Vedanta and other dangerous traditionalists!

Round 8: This is a matter of Human Rights Watch on Religious Violence - HELP I AM BEING ATTACKED

Round 9: I don't understand Sri Nisargadatta's context of teachings but I'll now use Advaita-Vedanta to defend Neo-Advaita, sure it makes sense

Round 10: Rinse and repeat

BT

Look forward to the continued creativity, iamit, is this what "Oneness" "peace" and "no practice required" looks like?

Sign me up for it... (not)

BT