Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 20-10-2017, 07:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azmond
There is a beautiful documentary about crows on youtube, which shows them being incredibly smart, capable of solving many layered puzzles. I recommend watching it, if you find them just incredibly beautiful and mysterious like I do =)

Here is the link The Secret Life of Crows

A really common species of crow here is Corvus frugilegus, which I was able to capture with my dslr this summer. it was so beautiful circling around me, probably telling me to move somewhere else hehe.

Thanks Azmond, I watched the documentary and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's made me more interested in them and that picture is fantastic! I love that it was circling around you
Old 20-10-2017, 07:26 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sentient
The symbolic meanings of Crows/Ravens can differ greatly in various cultures/traditions.
So it is best to stick to your own tradition/folklore.

One day an “other-dimensional” Crow/Raven came to my energy-field and sang three times.
This, according to my tradition is an “ill omen” heralding the death of someone.

But I didn’t feel any ill feelings/sensations about it whatsoever, instead it was a Glorious Awakening to the Spiritual Source Essence on the level of realizing “Interconnectedness”.
All I felt was a kinship with the Crow/Raven, remembering long time associations as this Crow/Raven was so familiar and besides, - on one side of the family, we do have age old totemic associations with it.

Two weeks later my uncle passed away.
The Crow was his “Soulbird”.
Soulbirds carry the souls back to the “World Pole”, the World Tree.

The Raven/Crow is said to be the Sky-God Eagle’s helper.

My uncle was a son of that old mythological worldview, the worldview closest to my heart.

I didn't have any preconceived ideas about crows/ravens as I've never noticed or seen any until now which is good because when I looked them up I spotted the different symbolic meanings etc and how they differed so much like you say sentient. I too had no ill feeling or odd senses when I saw them I just thought they were beautiful. Seeing them where they were in the same place made me think they were just nesting there but then I started to see them at my home and felt there was a message maybe so while I'm still enjoying seeing them I'm taking more notice of everything about them just in case I haven't understood what the message is, if there is one.

Everything about them is fascinating. I'm absolutely loving the experiences you're all sharing about them
Old 20-10-2017, 07:39 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Yes sometimes Crows take what they can to eat. It seems very sad that sometimes they will take small birds or fledglings, or eat other birds' eggs.
But then....many humans also eat birds' eggs. And buy chicken wrapped in plastic in shops.

My Crow has been eating roadkill recently. A poor Squirrel who didn't make it back from foraging in the orchard, but was hit by a car.

He came down for his sandwich this morning. He is not scared at all of me, which I find charming....but he is scared of laundry hanging on the washing-line! He seems to accept that I wear different colours on different days and sometimes stripes.... I imagined that might freak him out but it doesn't.

He follows me when I go out sometimes, stopping only at the boundaries of his territory and waiting for me to return! Today we came across each other when I took a last walk in the orchard. I sat in the grass, and he walked up towards me making beak-clicks. When I laughed, he flew into an apple tree and broke off tiny sticks almost....I think? ...playfully?
Then our ways parted -his to eat snails.
Mine to go home and cook dinner.

I remember seeing a magpie take a chick that was the last one coming out of a nest whilst mum sat on the fence waiting for it to fly to her and was literally heartbroken for her when the magpie swooped in and took it. It's just the way it is, it taught me something valuable at the time and I don't dislike the magpies because of it. I still love all birds in their own right but yes it is sad.

I love that you're getting beak-clicks, sounds like your part of its family now Beautiful experience and very humbling!
Old 22-10-2017, 11:04 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
I 'm lucky enough to share my life with 2 Ravens and 2 Jackdaws there smaller cousins, I did have a Crow and a Magpie for a short time this summer but the Crow sadly didn't make it and the Magpie was able to be released, I still see the magpie as he joined the wild magpies who live here.

I rehab wild birds for the local vets in the area and as most other wild life rehabbers wont take in Corvids, they come here as I seem to have been adopted by a few of them.

They don't make great pets despite being extremly intelligent, they need constant attention or things to do as they easily get board and can then be very distructive, they also can be quite difficult to look after and in most countries / states you have to be licenced to look after and keep them. I do have the relevant licences for these guys as they are not releasable due to injuries etc.

I'm Canadian First Nations and in my culture Crows are messenger's from the Creator / Creatress and the Ancestors as well as being a bit of a trickster.

The Raven returned the light to us so is the bringer of light as well as a messenger, where as Crow is a gentler messenger if Raven turns up in your life its a big wake up call. Raven also carries great wisdom and will lead you back through the darkness safely but keep a sense of humour handy as both are tricksters and make you look at yourself and how foolish you can be. You'll learn the lessons you need to with them and you'll learn that ego has no place with you, the lessons can be tough but nearly always have you laughing at yourself.

My Ancestors I know from past experience have a wicked sense of humour, so must be in fits of laughter with the antics and chaos of all these Corvids they keep sending my way. Saying that at least I'm keeping them entertained and I sure wouldn't change this humbling learnig experience for anything.

The Jackdaws love to help themselves to anything they think that I class as special, especially pens and my paint brushes. These get stashed in some interesting places along with my boot laces and anything else they think interesting including food and bits of paper.

The Raven's love to stash all kinds of things in my boots and socks, they also consider me as an honouree Raven and that my baseball cap is my removable beak, as they like to hold each others beaks they like to hold the peak of my baseball cap or my finger if they get a chance. Its part of their family bonding as is the mutual preening and bath time. I get to hold the hose for them but they make sure I also get wet.

Life with Corvids both in the physical and the spiritual sense is very rewarding and challenging on a daily basis but I'd not change it for the world. I know how lucky and how honoured I am to be able to experience this and that's bought home to me every night when I lay in bed after turning off the lights and a voice in the darkness wishes me Nite Nite. Its the voice of Manitou the Raven and I never taught him to say that but I do wish them all Nite Nite before I turn out the lights and head for my bed. Only once Ive been in bed about 10 minutes with the lights out will Manitou wish me Nite Nite, he choses to do that himself and to me that is a truely wonderful gift.

Manitou the Raven.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 23-10-2017, 11:44 AM
Suspended
Beautiful post Mak!

Love seeing ravens, they're so beautiful.

They have particularly beautiful wings.

I love they way they glide, perch, & chill.

I love the way the plonk themselves down on the path ahead.

They light the way.
Old 23-10-2017, 03:36 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
Thanks Astro and yes they sure are special birds, all Corvids are and they have very structured social groups.

They sure do light the way and act as a guide through some very difficult patches in life. Its really makes me appreciate how lucky I am that I share my life with them, even when I look around at the chaos they can cause and the interesting things they leave in my boots for me to put my foot on lol, I wouldn't be with out them.

They live it......!
Old 24-10-2017, 02:03 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Thanks Astro and yes they sure are special birds, all Corvids are and they have very structured social groups.

They sure do light the way and act as a guide through some very difficult patches in life. Its really makes me appreciate how lucky I am that I share my life with them, even when I look around at the chaos they can cause and the interesting things they leave in my boots for me to put my foot on lol, I wouldn't be with out them.

I feel a little regret at hearing this as my ancestors have told me that my place is amongst the warriors, so to get the chance to go out with the hunters & study the wildlife would be a rare treat. It's a little heartbreaking actually because it was always in my heart to get that close to nature one day.

The problem is that this is not how nature intended for these birds to live, they belong in the wild. I remember you told me that ravens are endangered where you are & so are not seen in the wild. If you want to see them in their natural habitat you should visit England, where they may speak to you in ways that you’ve yet to realise.

Protecting them is admirable but is it the best thing for their spirits, when they are able to fly free in other parts of the world?

My ancestors spoke to me recently; they showed me a video & said:

“we foresee that the establishment featured in this video will create a path for these animals, & others like them, that will lead them back into the natural world, as they have nowhere else to go”

Here is the video link.

If I were you I would see that bird poo as a sign.

I understand that you have an animal spirit guide talking to you.
Old 24-10-2017, 04:00 PM
Guide
Lol! Poop wise their pretty clean and have their own specific areas, the gifts they leave in my boots or socks are their food as my boots and socks make for a good stash place if they are lucky enough to find them, ( I try to leave my boots hidden away in places but they do find them) its just a bit grim when I put my foot on their dead mouse breakfast that's been stashed in my boot or sock and they pinch my boot laces.

Much to their delight when they hear me groan at my latest gift. Yes they have a sense of humour and I get their delighted calls when they hear me groan. This is something they naturally do in the wild be it with each other and different things. For them to share food stashes is something that they only do with other birds they are close to, so its a pretty big thing.

These birds have large outside aviary's during the day time but come in at night to a room with their roost box / house, it's not great but its the best I can currently do.

I've seen Ravens in the wild many times back home and a couple of times here in remote places. True these guys are not in their natural surroundings that unfortunately was down to man destroying their natural habitat and taking these birds as youngsters. They were then rescued and raised by some one who has pet birds but who couldn't keep them as they had no room so they would have been kept in tiny aviarys. These people did the right thing and asked about a rehabber and were put in touch with me, they asked if I could take these Ravens as they had no one else to go to who could or would take them. Hence they arrived here.

These Ravens were so humanised from before they came to me that I unfortunately couldn't rehab them to a wild state and as such they can't survive in the wild, if wild Ravens came into contact with them they would end up dead as they were raised by humans, so this is the next best thing for them. They do have a role in life though and its an important one as they help educate the younger generations about wildlife and they get to actually see and experience being around a Ravens etc. Again I'm licenced for this work which is something I do for free.

Its due to this and similar work being done by other wild life rehabbed that these birds and other birds and wild life are now getting legislation to protect them and their habitats. Simply by people meeting them and experiencing being around them people get educated and remember so try to help achive this.

Today sadly most people don't get the chance to really experience wildlife out in the wild and have become removed from that part of life. This is just one small way that helps people to remember and to reconnect in part to nature.

Once I've moved these birds will have a huge special aviary built so that they can free fly within that area and live as near wild as possible but safely, the same for the Jackdaws. Future birds that come to me will as now be rehabbed for release where at all possible, my intention is to always rehab for release and to have a safe release site for them. But that's for the near future until then were as we are.

I agree its a poor 2nd best to the life in the wild they should have had, all I can do is give them as near normal a life as that but to continue handling them as they will always need some basic care and on going vet care due to a bad start with the humans who first took them from the wild.

On the spiritual side of life, these birds all came to me via ways that I had no hand in, I didn't and don't seek them out, but I am one of a few here who can help them and at least get some back to the wild. That has always been my medicine even when I was back home wild things and birds ended up with me as did other animals when they needed to. Here is no difference, I help them as best I can and learn from them in return.

The other's who can't be released for what ever reasons at least have a place to stay where they are respected and cared for. To me these birds are not pets and I would never make a pet of them, I have to much respect of them as individuals for that. But I do share my life and space with them so our lives do intermix and they certainly seem to be happy and content with this arrangement and they sure let me know if they are upset about or don't like something.

Thanks for the video link I'll check it out.

They live it......!
Old 24-10-2017, 06:28 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
I 'm lucky enough to share my life with 2 Ravens and 2 Jackdaws there smaller cousins, I did have a Crow and a Magpie for a short time this summer but the Crow sadly didn't make it and the Magpie was able to be released, I still see the magpie as he joined the wild magpies who live here.

I rehab wild birds for the local vets in the area and as most other wild life rehabbers wont take in Corvids, they come here as I seem to have been adopted by a few of them.

They don't make great pets despite being extremly intelligent, they need constant attention or things to do as they easily get board and can then be very distructive, they also can be quite difficult to look after and in most countries / states you have to be licenced to look after and keep them. I do have the relevant licences for these guys as they are not releasable due to injuries etc.

I'm Canadian First Nations and in my culture Crows are messenger's from the Creator / Creatress and the Ancestors as well as being a bit of a trickster.

The Raven returned the light to us so is the bringer of light as well as a messenger, where as Crow is a gentler messenger if Raven turns up in your life its a big wake up call. Raven also carries great wisdom and will lead you back through the darkness safely but keep a sense of humour handy as both are tricksters and make you look at yourself and how foolish you can be. You'll learn the lessons you need to with them and you'll learn that ego has no place with you, the lessons can be tough but nearly always have you laughing at yourself.

My Ancestors I know from past experience have a wicked sense of humour, so must be in fits of laughter with the antics and chaos of all these Corvids they keep sending my way. Saying that at least I'm keeping them entertained and I sure wouldn't change this humbling learnig experience for anything.

The Jackdaws love to help themselves to anything they think that I class as special, especially pens and my paint brushes. These get stashed in some interesting places along with my boot laces and anything else they think interesting including food and bits of paper.

The Raven's love to stash all kinds of things in my boots and socks, they also consider me as an honouree Raven and that my baseball cap is my removable beak, as they like to hold each others beaks they like to hold the peak of my baseball cap or my finger if they get a chance. Its part of their family bonding as is the mutual preening and bath time. I get to hold the hose for them but they make sure I also get wet.

Life with Corvids both in the physical and the spiritual sense is very rewarding and challenging on a daily basis but I'd not change it for the world. I know how lucky and how honoured I am to be able to experience this and that's bought home to me every night when I lay in bed after turning off the lights and a voice in the darkness wishes me Nite Nite. Its the voice of Manitou the Raven and I never taught him to say that but I do wish them all Nite Nite before I turn out the lights and head for my bed. Only once Ive been in bed about 10 minutes with the lights out will Manitou wish me Nite Nite, he choses to do that himself and to me that is a truely wonderful gift.

Manitou the Raven.

Makoiyi, this is the most gorgeous post! It is fascinating to read about your life with them; moving and funny in equal parts.
It's lovely you are helping all those birds.
Old 24-10-2017, 08:29 PM
Guide
Thanks Tobi, I'm just glad that I have the time, room,ability and expereince to be able to help them. It all started becuase of Mystic an injured Jackdaw that I found with half a wing missing.

It was then that the local vets found out of my past experience from working both as a vets assitant and in conservation that I knew how to look after and rehab Corvids. All the corvids they were getting in no one would take on to rehab so they were putting them down. It was why they asked me if I could rehab Corvids for them and helped me gain the relevent licences.

From Mystic quite a few corvids have come to me some I have been able to rehab and release and the few that I couldn't like Mystic have become resident birds here.

It's just nice that I can help them out and the one's released here on this farm so far have all decided to stay on the mountain. Thankfully the neighbouring farm likes the fact that I'm helping them out so has no issues with them being on the mountain, they also protect wildlife and help it where they can.

They live it......!