Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 25-03-2017, 06:24 AM
Eelco

Woops double posted.
Sorry about that.
Old 25-03-2017, 06:39 AM
Eelco

Quick history of the chakra

There is some mention of the chakras as psychic centers of consciousness in the Yoga Upanishads (circa 600B.C.) and later in the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali (circa 200 B.C.). Most interpretations of Patanjali read a dualism between purusha (pure consciousness) and prakriti (the prima materia of the world), implying that the goal of yoga was to rise above nature for the realization of pure consciousness, free of the fluctuations of the mind and emotions. Yet the word yoga means union or yoke, so this realization of consciousness must ultimately reintegrate with nature for a higher synthesis.

The chakra system and Kundalini yoga arose within the Tantric tradition, during the second half of the first millennium, common era. The word Tantra means tool (tra) for stretching (tan) and can be thought of as a loom in which the fabric of nature is woven from the union of opposites. In the West, Tantra is thought of primarily as a sexual tradition, yet sacred sexuality is only a small part of a broad weaving of philosophy which includes many practices of yoga, worship of deities, especially the Hindu goddesses, and integration of the many polaric forces in the universe.

The main text about chakras that has come to us in the West is a translation by the Englishman, Arthur Avalon, in his book,The Serpent Power published in 1919. These texts: the Sat-Cakra-Nirupana, written by an Indian pundit in 1577, and the Padaka-Pancaka, written in the 10th century, contain descriptions of the centers and related practices. There is also another 10th century text, called the Gorakshashatakam, which gives instructions for meditating on the chakras. These texts form the basis of our understanding of chakra theory and Kundalini yoga today.
- See more at: http://sacredcenters.com/history-of-the-chakra-system

With Love
Eelco
Old 25-03-2017, 05:14 PM
Newbie ;)

I was raised with an understanding of the 7 chakras and was encouraged to take them for granted. Included in this was an understanding of evolution- as beings learn to use energy in different ways, then their energy bodies change and correspondingly their physical bodies change. Also, as this shift in using energy happens, some energy centers become vestigial and are yet present in our energy bodies, though may not be used in the same way, if at all.
It seems to make a certain sense, although I haven't got much personal experience to back up these notions.

I do have personal experience of three centers of energy, but don't have much information beyond that. I will say that I'm continually drawn to my throat, which may indicate an experience of a fourth energy center corresponding to the throat chakra, but that remains to be discovered.

I sometimes have contemplated catsquotl's sentiment that there is a seeming willingness to accept much spiritual information at face value - perhaps too easily - but I ultimately consider information to be neutral and only as useful as it can be in any given moment to a being.

As for removing chakras - why not? Energy seems to be following will, for a moment at least. Whatever a being does with its energy seems to be permitted without bounds. I am convinced that consequences are inevitable, but life goes on and on; plenty of time to make course corrections and the like.
Old 26-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Experiencer

As far as I understand it, chakras are essentially pathways for energy / information to travel through. They extend through each of your bodies and link them together to some extent. This allows you to (eg) see spirits while being conscious in your physical body; information from your astral senses transfers through your pineal gland (third eye chakra) into your physical brain.

If people actually shut down or removed all their chakras, they'd also lose all connection to their soul (subtle bodies). When shutting down your chakras, you're declining access to subtle energies.. and any abilities you might consider to be psychic in nature.

The entire concept of becoming more spiritual by removing chakras is counter productive. It's like saying "I'm going to improve my internet connection by cancelling my contract with my ISP".

I am aware of some people saying that 'closing your chakras allows all the energy to be combined into one conduit'. This isn't beneficial. The chakras are there for a reason, and they are designed to process information at specific frequencies. Like a prism that separates white light into a rainbow of colours, the chakras accept subtle energy at specific frequencies and transfer it to parts of the body that are capable of interpreting energy at those frequencies.

I can't imagine any real spiritual teacher recommending this practice.
Old 26-03-2017, 04:45 PM
Eelco

I am confused to see how reiterating the obvious thought forms about chakra's would help with getting a thoroughly researched answer to the OP's question.

I would say that removing the chakras is counterintuitive as it seems that since the 1920's or so the idea of them has gotten status of undeniable truth in certain circles. That alone i find dangerous regardless of the possibility they are or are not removable.

Please people when a new idea props up. Investigate it instead of demonizing an idea because it doesn't fit within your current paradigm of what life is..

I can imagine real spiritual teachers recommend almost anything these days. Some say that "evil" is so productive because the saints can't seem to agree on anything..

With Love
Eelco
Old 27-03-2017, 03:18 AM
Experiencer

I'd suggest that 'evil' is so productive because people are willing to believe things like 'remove your chakras'.
Old 27-03-2017, 05:01 AM
Eelco

Well since the op hasn't responded yet. I have no desire to fight with you over this Carnate. I have tried to paint a rather complete all be it terse picture of the timeline of the chakras existence in writing. I have backed that up with my own experiences, some research and an alternative.

But by all means keep telling yourself that what you have come to believe about the chakras is the pinnacle of truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth. All those people who talk about removing their chakra and how it affected them energetically are seriously deluded by evil. Have you even googled how many personal blogged stories are out there on the interwebs these days. Please do some research even if it's just a 5 minute google search before saying that it's impossible and evil to think about removing your chakras. People thought it was evil to masturbate too at some point.

With Love
Eelco
Old 28-03-2017, 02:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
Well since the op hasn't responded yet. I have no desire to fight with you over this Carnate. I have tried to paint a rather complete all be it terse picture of the timeline of the chakras existence in writing. I have backed that up with my own experiences, some research and an alternative.

But by all means keep telling yourself that what you have come to believe about the chakras is the pinnacle of truth. The whole truth and nothing but the truth. All those people who talk about removing their chakra and how it affected them energetically are seriously deluded by evil. Have you even googled how many personal blogged stories are out there on the interwebs these days. Please do some research even if it's just a 5 minute google search before saying that it's impossible and evil to think about removing your chakras. People thought it was evil to masturbate too at some point.

With Love
Eelco

"No desire to fight", yet you've put some heated words in here that take my comments way out of proportion, and out of context. It's ok if we disagree, but there's no benefit in attacking me personally when you don't like my opinion. People are capable of making up their own minds, but they need information to do so. You are always welcome to provide more details to expand on what you know to be true.

My posts generally start with 'as far as I know' or 'from what I understand'.. or something similar. There's nothing in my posts that suggests I am the 'pinnacle of truth'.

And while I do use google, I find that most bloggers are your everyday psychics and are not always the best source of spiritual wisdom. My knowledge comes from people who see spirits and auras, heal (instantly) with their hands, move objects with their minds, astral travel at will, see with their eyes closed, and more that you likely wouldn't believe. My knowledge has been gained during one on one discussions with many people like this.

When I first came across this thread, I did do some googling on the topic. What I found was several YouTube videos and blogs from people who were misinformed and misinterpreting their experiences.

[edit]
I'm making an edit here because I've done some additional reading into your posts. From what I can see, you're pretty steadfast on this idea of removing your chakras. I did see you mention a few times about muscle tensing confirming it, but didn't actually see what this process was; I am curious about this.

What I think is happening, is you've got this idea that because the 'chakra system' only dates back so far, and it's old, it doesn't necessarily mean it's true/accurate. You've got an idea that God is within, yet chakra meditations don't accept energy from within. You've combined these ideas to mean 'chakras are a concept/tool to help people progress', and you feel like you've evolved beyond the need for this 'tool'.

Also, you've been meeting a lot of resistance to your comments about removing chakras, which is likely getting tiring for you; which may be part of the reason for your post directed at me.

I'm going to say some things here to help you understand what's happening, and feel free to accept or refute this.. it's your life to live your way.

The 'god is within' statement is also 'we are made in the image of god'. This doesn't mean we are isolated from other 'gods' (people) or the space that we reside in. We are an aspect God (capital G), and are connected to God through the various layers and expressions of existence in this universe. We access our god/energy through our chakras; which is what the 'god is within' comment partly refers to. This is saying 'energy comes from within (the physical body)'; which is a beginners stage explanation of spiritual growth that doesn't yet properly incorporate/explain the subtle realms. You may have taken this concept out of context, and as a result believe that you should be able to create your own spiritual energy; which is partly true if you have your chakras open enough to receive it. I think some additional confusion here is about where the energy is generated.. and it's not strictly generated... it's collected/retrieved/accessed from the entirety of God that you are a part of. You access that energy from 'within' your physical body by way of your chakras (subtle bodies) which have access to the higher frequency / vibrational energy.

Also, the concept and knowledge of chakras has been around for the entirety of human existence. How well this has been documented, or which documents have been recovered, isn't really the issue here. In some ways, I think you've used this 'time limit on information' idea to back up your 'I am god, so I can remove my chakras and make my own energy' idea. I may be wrong, and I apologise if me coming to this conclusion upsets you. But this 'chakra system' has remained the same, given some visual differences between the various cultures, for as long as those documents have existed. How they operate (in a functional way) doesn't change when you progress or evolve spiritually. Importantly, the way the chakras are described remains the consistent through most religions and cultures, regardless of geographical distance or chronology.

Last edited by Carnate : 28-03-2017 at 03:27 PM.
Old 28-03-2017, 05:22 PM
Eelco

Thank you Carnate for the edit.
I was going to apologize for my singling you out to vent my frustration at people who more than once ridiculed the idea of chacra removal without giving it more than a second thought before dismissing it. As you have seemed to understand already.
I should not have done that. And am sorry.

As for your conclusions about the god within? Or me being god. That can be misinterpreted quickly. I have not evolved beyond the need for chacras. Or evolved beyond any human being on this earth for that matter. I'll re-read those threads myself as they are a few years old And I have forgotten exactly how I stated my experience in those.

I do believe that we as human beings are the creators of our experience. This doesn't necessarily mean we can "magically" make our surroundings change, but we can, with practice, change the way we view the world, thus changing our experience of it.

Muscle testing as I did it, would equate roughly to a feedback loop one would get when asking questions with a pendulum. Only instead of using a pendulum you use a finger muscle strength exercise. A weak muscle response is either yes or no. Same as a strong response. I test which means which each time i test as I found that they change depending on prevailing energy of the moment. (I found the same is true for the pendulum)

As for the timeline. There is just no evidence that the chakra are an ancient concept. It isn't just that there is hardly any written documents of them. I have found no evidence that the chakra are talked about or written about in other mystery schools. Chinese concepts of points is radically different. In the serpents power. The book mentioned here above as the translation of the 2 historical works. 10th century ad and 16th century ad mentions the popul vuh. which does talk about central channels, but I am not convinced that they were referenced in the same way as the sushumna, ida, pingala channels. The religion that focusses on longevity and even immortality namely Daoism does not have any chacra practise. Even though this religion can trace it's roots back through the ages, well at least back to 6th century Bc. No mention of the chacra in any way. Not under different names or similar conceptual constructs.

As for spiritual teachers. I wouldn't call them my teachers, but Laura lee mystica, George Kavasallis and Carla fox to name a few have adopted the idea of living without a chacra matrix. They talk about replacing it with a 1 core star energy center. Which I do not necessarily experience.

I do adhere to a unified energetic field that flows from me with a clear border, But I am the last to say that this is so for all humans as I think that like the chacra the way ones energy field is perceived comes through in a symbol language that is highly personal. To illustrate a vision that predicts a travel or voyage will for some contain the visual of a boat, for another it will contain the visual of a plain or a train.

I believe the chacra came to be in a similar fashion. Someone experienced his or her energy field like that and used the symbology to work with his or her energyfield. On a small scale those concepts are transferrable. But now that they are world wide common good and often the basis for peoples income I feel the collective idea of them changed their individual usefulness. Possibly creating openings for abuse through them, but that may just be my conspiracy mind talking.

With Love
Eelco

Edit: I just read through my 2013 thread about the chacra removal and am confused as to where I mentioned being god within.
Old 29-03-2017, 01:19 AM
Experiencer

Thanks for the positive response.

I read through several of your posts within some relevant threads (following a chain of links that you'd posted). In one of those, there was a comment about the 'god within'. Not sure how relevant this is now (conversation went in a different direction).

I don't generally like repeating phrases, but I'll repeat that the documentation of chakras isn't really the issue. What I think matters more is that for people who can see the subtle energies all describe similar things when viewing the chakras. They are there, even if people describe how they look a little differently. This isn't some interpretation of an energy transfer system that is malleable in how it functions. People have looked or been told how the chakras work, and the documents follow these principles; it's not a theory or concept that changes. Similarly, people may describe gravity a little differently, but gravity itself doesn't change. Chakras perform a specific role in a specific way. Forcing them to behave otherwise is more than likely to have detrimental effects.

There are a wide variety of energy centers within the body: chakras, meridians, and acupuncture points, and forms of energy; chi, ki, and prana to name a few. While there are some similarities between them, as a scientific concept, they aren't the same thing and each behaves differently. As an example, pranic healing differs from reiki because they each use a different form of energy that channels through different pathways.

While I can't say this with any certainty, I'd suspect that when people 'close off their chakras' or unify them, rather than adjusting their chakras, they're making making changes to another one of their energy systems. The chakras cannot function as a singularity or 1 core star energy center.

The mystery schools are by nature highly secretive. As such, their teachings and documents don't often reach the public eye. The knowledge they do share is provided to people who are of a certain level of spiritual evolution; which is another way of saying 'for people that have a need for it and are ready for it'. The reason for this is that there's a risk of people misinterpreting the wisdom and applying it incorrectly. And I say this specifically in reference to this 'closing the chakras' practice.

If this activity became more commonplace, the more spiritually evolved of humankind would become less so. This is where my 'evil' comment above came from. This misinformation has likely been propagated in an effort to stop people from evolving spiritually. The damage it does, if done to the chakras, would be profound.