Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 19-07-2016, 01:27 AM
Guide
I too am giving my times to divine thoughts.
Its little odd when my opinion is different about Kundalini from others. In my India Kundalini is treated mother Kundalini. The energy which never influence sexual energy and this energy is divine most. In my knowledge Kundalini is triggered by catalyst power when worked on particular exercise of meditation. this particular exercise is though simple but after mastering few exercises one by one I mean in this complex of exercises mastering one exercise have transition in other exercise. This awakening is achieved only if person is not sexual mind.
Old 19-07-2016, 01:54 AM
Guide
This is link in support to mother kundalini is most divine energy and not the sexual energy. I serve this link only to support my belief that Kundalini is not sexual energy its most divine energy. not other things or methods i take from this article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini
Old 20-07-2016, 08:55 AM
Guide
Kundalini awakening energy is believed to be triggered by motherly nature of God mother Goddess Bhavani alias mother Goddess Durga alias mother Goddess Parvati alias mother Goddess Uma alias mother Goddess Shakti. It is not possible by bad person and person having sexual course in married or unmarried life, to get this catalyst help at all.
There is wrong interpretation and wrong belief regarding Kundalini Awakening spread on net around. In this little but long course you may think how many peepal misguided on net.
Kundalini Awakening is very rare case in billions of peepal world around. And Kundalini one can not awaken now and then its awaken only once in person's life.
Old 24-07-2016, 08:41 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
p.s. There's lots of info about mula bandha, which is the perineum lock used in hatha yoga - it's the one that activates the root. And I'm trying to really experience the prana there - for me like I wrote somewhere, when it's a strong link, the energy is hot and shoots up my back and I just want to hold it but I can't.... but then I've had 3 babies and that area is pretty traumatized from birthing!
For me the bij mantras (the sound part) has no effect whatsoever - but we're all different so whatever works for you is what works for you.

Can you describe this sensation in more details? Sometimes I feel a bond between the Ajna and the Muladhara up along the spine, it literally lights me up from the inside out, and it feels like my eyes shine. So I was wondering where the link breaks for you, whether it is at he bottom, or maybe some place else. Where to you find that this energy is difficult to maintain?

Also, I have found growling like a feline helps a lot to ground the lower parts, and balance them. So yeah sometimes it is about listening to yourself and see what works.
Old 27-07-2016, 04:27 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melahin
Can you describe this sensation in more details? Sometimes I feel a bond between the Ajna and the Muladhara up along the spine, it literally lights me up from the inside out, and it feels like my eyes shine. So I was wondering where the link breaks for you, whether it is at he bottom, or maybe some place else. Where to you find that this energy is difficult to maintain

Hi Melahin,

Are you asking me how I experience my physical chakras? This is really exciting exploration for me at the moment, because until recently I haven't given that much attention to the lower chakras, preferring to remain in the upper. I am now learning more about it using Sri Vasudeva's amazing instructional DVD set from the Dec.27-29, 2015 "Developing a Wellness Practice" workshops done in Trinidad. It's the most mind blowing stuff, honestly - to practice awareness and pranatization of the seven major chakras and also of the meridians, and using all of it to boost the entire system - physical body, subtle body and work through the causal body to the Source. So I am only just learning about the value of working on the lower chakras in order to ascend to the crown!

One thing about the root chakra is that the placement is different for men than for women. For men it's the perineum muscle between scrotum and anus, while for women it's way up there at the cervix. To create a seal that locks in energy at this south pole of the human linga of the spine - I use the muscle contraction. I also use the breath being aware of prana in the breath - using ujai breathing. And I use my mind (which also bring prana there) using power of attention. So the root chakra is getting a lot of intense energy. Next I engage the sacral chakra (my teacher says this is located by contracting the muscles one uses to hold in pee). Next the navel chakra. So this part of it is just getting to know where each one is, separately.

I practice Microcosmic Orbit which is a Taoist exercise Sri Vasudeva recommends. I bring energy down from the brow chakra to all the chakras beneath and use a lot of intense muscle contraction and prana in the root, sexual and navel ones. This creates intense heat and I break out into a sweat doing it. This is the right way to do it. That whole area locks very firm and the idea is to (A) really ground my soul into body awareness and (B) bring the energy of the root and sexual chakras up into the navel chakra so the whole body gets a boost in vitality. And if I am working on all my chakras, the subtle energy of all these three can brought up higher to the heart, throat and mind. I'm only starting to get a handle on this.

The energy changes during Microcosmic Orbit practice as I take the prana up the spine into the brow then down again. It gets lighter and I don't use muscle contraction for the higher ones. In the Taoist alchemy system they talk about jing-energy becoming chi-energy becoming shen-energy as it gets more refined in the upper chakras. Everyone knows what jing-energy feels like because we use it in daily life. Chi is the subtle energy (prana) that is soul energy. And shen (I think) is even more refined than that.

So to lock the north pole on the other end, I use ujai breathing into the brow chakra from both ends - that is the space between the eyebrows in the front, and the medulla point at the back of the head (where the head meets the neck) which is a special area that Paramahansa Yogananda mentions a lot (he says the soul enters the body from there). I pull in the prana from those two points into the center of my brain. That gets my head space buzzing. Because my Kundalini is awakened, Kundalini automatically starts to move.

The idea is to prime the pump, right? To get Kundalini to move, and to move the prana in a circuit around the body.

Everyone is going to experience their chakras differently based on where how open their chakras are already. So this is an outline of the kind of practices I'm working on now. Generally speaking heat is purifying and cool means something has opened up.

I want to caution people not to experiment with this without proper guidance, and some who have a heart condition or other medical condition that would be affected shouldn't not play around with this without their doctor's consent.

Also to never force Kundalini to awaken. Bad idea - can wreck your nervous system.

Paramahansa Yogananda writes in his volumes on the Bhagavad Gita about the more subtle aspects of the root chakra that I have yet to discover. The root chakra is a portal to a dimension. Actually we are living in it right now. Some people may hear sounds there. I'm not really interested in that because my goal is the crown chakra and having a fit body - both the physical one and the soul ones.

I'm having trouble with my heart chakra and my navel at the moment (for personal reasons) so I guess that's a weak link. But I can work on these separately and then do a full flow. It can be as strenuous as weight lifting!

Long answer to your question!
Old 27-07-2016, 04:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Consciousness
This is link in support to mother kundalini is most divine energy and not the sexual energy. I serve this link only to support my belief that Kundalini is not sexual energy its most divine energy. not other things or methods i take from this article.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini

You are correct, Kundalini is divine energy but when She expresses through the sexual chakra She expresses as sexual energy - which is meant for procreation, so it's the procreative power of the Divine at this level of functioning.
Old 29-07-2016, 11:30 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Paramahansa Yogananda writes in his volumes on the Bhagavad Gita about the more subtle aspects of the root chakra that I have yet to discover. The root chakra is a portal to a dimension. Actually we are living in it right now. Some people may hear sounds there. I'm not really interested in that because my goal is the crown chakra and having a fit body - both the physical one and the soul ones.

I'm having trouble with my heart chakra and my navel at the moment (for personal reasons) so I guess that's a weak link. But I can work on these separately and then do a full flow. It can be as strenuous as weight lifting!

Thanks for sharing. It makes great sense!

The English names confuses me. Like sure the Anahata is the Heart Center of the spine, but does not really relate to (besides that they all relate to each other) the Hrit Lotus in the Heart space.

I know the Muladhara as the Root Support, so it will support any place you root your existence from, which will manifest into the realm in your feet (that was the words that wanted to be written). My goal is Bliss, and the Hrit is also known as the root of bliss, but honestly I feel certain that the ultimately Ajna (or center of perception) is where we root from. So where we root the Ajna, we root our existence from, and in the Hrit is said to grow the wish-fulfilling tree, which makes it very potent to hold our dreams in our Heart.

I know the Sahasrara as the conjunction of all the Lotuses in the body, thus when it blossoms so does all the pleasure center in the brain open, which blows open the sensory experience in the whole body. It is said to be composed of all the Lotuses, thus it is named for the thousand Lotuses out through the whole body. Since the other day I have used "The Body of The Golden Lotuses" meditation where I visualize all the thousand Lotuses through out my body as Golden Blossoming Lotuses It feels amazing! I then also know the Sahasrara as the Golden Body or in other words the Divine Body.

There is actually an interesting story in Tantra of two brother who finds God. One does it through his love for God, while the other through his hate of God. The point of the story is that it is all about your focus, thus since both brothers focus was on God, so did they both find God.

So depending on what your idea of the Sahasrara is, then surely that is what you will find. From what I have heard, some find liberation from physical existence there, while others find a deeper path into this realm of reality. So a question is where do you wish to direct the energy of the Sahasrara?

To me the point is to make the Lotuses Blossom. I don't really play with Chakras or Kundalini anymore, only the underlying energy, and work on making it expand and flow as fluidly as possible. It seems as I open up pleasure zones in the body, it naturally start to release tensions in those areas. Like after opening the Hrit I had an experience where hate left my body. First flowing out my Heart, then out my shoulders (a pleasure zone I had opened a few weeks earlier). It was an intense experience, tears running down my face, and I could feel the residue of hate days after. Now I am working on releasing rage.

But yes a point is to as you said: The idea is to prime the pump, right? To get Kundalini to move, and to move the prana in a circuit around the body.

One of the reasons why the Savasana is so effective is because when your head is correctly adjusted, you put pressure on a certain point at the back of your head. At least that is what I have come to find in my research of own experiences. Also, my practice is one of being soft and yielding, so I have started to use Mudras a lot, and they work wonders. I have one where I hold the hands in a Heart shape over the Hrit, and then just breath in and out of where the energy is. I am starting to apply the same in front of my Throat, as I believe that is where my rage is tangled up.

Those breathing / visualizations you shared feels amazing (at least in the way I interpret them ). Thanks for sharing them If you don't already, then try Mudras on those two you are working on.
Old 29-07-2016, 08:38 PM
Master
Awesome insights Melahin! I love hearing about how various cultures talk about subtle energy - same experience, different explanations as far as I can tell.

I'd love to hear more about this:
Quote:
...Like after opening the Hrit I had an experience where hate left my body. First flowing out my Heart, then out my shoulders (a pleasure zone I had opened a few weeks earlier). It was an intense experience, tears running down my face, and I could feel the residue of hate days after. Now I am working on releasing rage.
I try not to release but to transmute. That's what I work on bringing the lower energies up, so they get refined, purified, transformed into something more spiritual, more benign. Energy is energy, it's just the direction we turn it to that makes it negative IMHO - so why not recycle it and make it nicer? I work on expressing as much unconditional love through the heart chakra as possible so that it will overflow like a big wave and put out the flame of rage.

Quote:
One of the reasons why the Savasana is so effective is because when your head is correctly adjusted, you put pressure on a certain point at the back of your head. At least that is what I have come to find in my research of own experiences.
Interesting - this is probably the medulla point, I would think.

Quote:
Also, my practice is one of being soft and yielding, so I have started to use Mudras a lot, and they work wonders. I have one where I hold the hands in a Heart shape over the Hrit, and then just breath in and out of where the energy is. I am starting to apply the same in front of my Throat, as I believe that is where my rage is tangled up.
Wow let me know how it goes. I tend to not use mudras deliberately myself but sometimes they just spontaneously happen and when they do I just allow it to happen - it's Kundalini at work taking over. I'm sure there must be a science to using mudras, but I haven't gone into any deep study of it at this point.
Old 29-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Awesome insights Melahin! I love hearing about how various cultures talk about subtle energy - same experience, different explanations as far as I can tell.

I'd love to hear more about this:

I try not to release but to transmute. That's what I work on bringing the lower energies up, so they get refined, purified, transformed into something more spiritual, more benign. Energy is energy, it's just the direction we turn it to that makes it negative IMHO - so why not recycle it and make it nicer? I work on expressing as much unconditional love through the heart chakra as possible so that it will overflow like a big wave and put out the flame of rage.

Interesting - this is probably the medulla point, I would think.

Wow let me know how it goes. I tend to not use mudras deliberately myself but sometimes they just spontaneously happen and when they do I just allow it to happen - it's Kundalini at work taking over. I'm sure there must be a science to using mudras, but I haven't gone into any deep study of it at this point.

I have found that the body is full of pleasure zones, and when they open they releases all energies that does not give pleasure. At least that is how I experienced it. First when it happened in my butt, then in my shoulders. Then the whole thing with hate. It was odd, I was on a music festival and had had one of the best nights ever. The next day I woke up and felt kinda depressed. A day later when I left the festival, as I was walking tears started to run down my face, and I felt hate pouring out of my Heart. Not in that angry way, I felt more full of sorrow (or something in that ball game). Like I was not angry, I was just sad. Then when it stop pouring out of my Heart, it started to pour out of both my shoulders. It took me a few days to get over this feeling it left me with, I felt kinda depressed.

I know one who is also transmuting the energy, she talks about the violet flame. I work with one that is white, which burns away any impurities (haha not a good way to describe it). It burns in a way where any vibration that is not at a desired level of experience is released. Also, like I don't feel a lack of energy, I feel like there is an unlimited supply (it is just about finding ways to tap into it); and it just feels naturally for me to release it back to source.

But I do think we should keep at doing what feels natural to us, while still having the curiosity to explore other ways.

Yes it is probably the medulla point. Even people who find it hard to quiet their mind, lying long enough in Savasana with a suitable pressure on this point will find that the mind eventually dissolves and awareness kinda expands. I find that in some of these states I kinda start to glitch like that girl from the movie "Wreck It Ralph" haha

I will keep an update on releasing that whole rage thing. Surely that unconditional love thing is probably also very valuable in this. I do my pranayama as a breathe in love, breathe out love exercise, because I feel certain the body is always left with the last expression we give it. So bringing it back towards love is always a suitable solution
Old 03-05-2019, 02:19 AM
Master
Returning to this topic

I just read through this old thread from 3 years ago. I think it's a good topic. I keep trying to connect in a deeper way with my chakras.

Does anyone have advice on how to get the navel chakra going? Anyone here practice martial arts? They use manipura a lot. My vitality is low and I could use a booster.