Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-06-2016, 05:12 AM
Master
Hi Uma

My response I feel may be a bit strange but it is how I experience them lol I had a kundalini awakening recently and through the experiences I am having I just recently came to realize that it is related to chakras. What I am writing may make totally no sense but it is how I understand my body and energy system and balance and it works for me.

So I have energy sensitivities since the kundalini awakening and it also causes interference with external energies. I realise when internal energies go into overload I actually see them in color when they are in balance I do not see them or sense them unless they are being activated by pranayama which I discovered recently.

Some of the experiences I have had so far

Crown chakra
Overload is purple energy accompanied by headaches and overall feeling of floating. Not hungry or wanting to eat very light things. Pressure on top center of head but vast capacity to tolerate spiritual concepts. Feel very heady when in overload. When in balance feel very euphoric and in tune with the universe and at ease with all essence.

Sacral
Orange energy. Uncomfortable pressure when not in balance. When in balance and activated by pranayama feels a sensation of a cool spin (if you put your right hand on your belly the spin goes left to right if I am remembering correctly)

Manipura
Yellow energy. Reactive and explosive even when in balance sort of necessary to maintain life force around solar plexus especially when under emotional attack from others. To be clear not overreactive but it responds necessarily -- as the energy is required in explosions. It could be why it is often drawn like a lotus.

Heart
I only felt this when activated by pranayama. Green energy so warm and sweet and very rich and powerful almost intoxicating (could not believe it was my own energy I was like falling in love haha) it spreads out to the arms somehow with the pranayama I did but the chakra itself was warm and radiant feeling.
Old 04-06-2016, 02:02 PM
Knower
That is a very interesting tread. I am also interested in that same questions, because I feel chakras a lot and I was wondering if others feel the same

Muladhara - I feel very rarely but when I do it feels like this energy is open like a spreading energy that goes down to Earth. I feel vibrations down there. No particular temperature is felt. Maybe a little bit more warm than my body temperature but very slightly.

Swadisthana- I also rarely feel this chakra and when I do I usually feel it at the beck. I feel it as a circle, slightly vibrational. Maybe slightly colder, but this is very subtle.

Manipura - this is chakra that I feel most often and mostly in the front. This is my power bank It's warm, sometimes can literally explode and the warmth is amazing. It can vibrate quite strong sometimes. The warmth can spread into my chest and I feel very happy. I noticed that it activates when I have positive expectation. Not necessarily about something specific but in general, like feeling the goodness of the Universe. Sometimes I can feel how it spins. There are moment when this chakra has cold energy. It is still a pleasant energy, I just don't get what is means? Anyone here also experience that?

Anahata - This chakra feels sweet. I feel it when I focus on love. Mostly feel it in the front. I can sometimes catch how it spins. I rarely feel it at the back - it feels like a vibrational circle there. I rarely feel it as a separate chakra. Sometimes it is hard to say if I feel solar plexus or heart since the warmth of the solar plexus takes over all of my chest. I guess that this chakra is what you feel in the chest? Or how do you see/feel it? I also noticed that I have 2 energy centres in the upper part of my breast and usually I feel resistance in those. I don't usually feel pain in the middle but in those two centres, but If the pain is bigger it can go in the middle. Those two centres can also be very warm when the solar plexus is working

Vishuddhi - sometimes I feel like there is a liquid energy in there. And I feel it like a very vibrational chakra. Lots of vibrating going on there. I feel it through my whole throat. Sometimes more in the front.

Ajna - pleasant, a little bit colder, also liquid energy. It feels like a circle. I mostly feel it in the front, at the back sometimes and it feels little vibrational at the back. I can see ultra light violet when it's working and sometimes other colours.

Sahasrara - similar to Ajna, pleasant and a little colder, liquid energy. I feel it on top of my head. It's like a circle and it can be small or very wide, it depends. I feel it almost every day, like I do Ajna chakra. It can get a little bit hotter at moments but it's more under not on top. I don't know if that is still considered to be that chakra or it's something else.

I don't do pranayama intentionally. But when I meditate and I do kriyas my kundalini does pranayama for me. I was reading a book about yoga and there was explanation of pranayama and I realized that I'm already doing some of them

Uma, can you share what you feel with other chakras?
Old 04-06-2016, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecats
Uma, can you share what you feel with other chakras?

Hi Ilovecats,

I'm still learning about them and exploring them but so far...

root/muladhara:
It's hard for me to keep the perineum tight for more than a few seconds but when I do I feel the energy shoot up my back and I'm very aware of my whole low back area. I feel the urge to keep it locked tight. The energy that I feel here is really physical and related to heat.

sacral/swadisthana:
It's tough to isolate this one by itself without the root wanting to lock up at the same time, but when I do, for a few seconds, I feel heat and again it shoots up my back. I have experienced the sacral chakra during peak moments of meditation where the energy is transmuted in the head space from lust to intoxication and bliss - this is an amazing experience - but no luck so far trying to do that deliberately (or maybe I'm not lustful these days). The energy I feel here is physical and related to heat but also to pleasure and stimulation.

navel/manipura
I've done the bellows breathing to activate this but I find that microcosmic orbit is easier - because then I'm bringing a lot of head energy down into the navel. I can generate a lot of heat (I break out into a sweat) and when I lock the root and sacral at the same time, it's very powerful and I will feel a surge of vitality that lasts several hours. I don't access this often enough! Better to do on an empty stomach too. The energy here is related to vitality of the physical body - that radiant glow you get after a really powerful cardio workout comes from the navel chakra.

heart/anahata - I already posted my experiences (see above)

throat/vishudha
Ujai breathing works best here. Anytime I am singing or speaking, or silently repeating a mantra or phrase, this chakra automatically gets activated. Sri Vasudeva has taught how the origin of sound comes from the root chakra, so I'm keen to experience that. I did have a spectacular throat chakra opening years ago but since then I have to work at it. We can haven sudden bursts of awakening at any chakra but until the crown is fully penetrated, the chakras tend to close up again somewhat and need a lot of self-discipline to open them and keep them open. The energy here feels like sound waves (this one is hard to describe). It's related to the element space and the subtle sense of listening. It's a beautiful chakra that connects with the others (has the most petals on it) so it's hard for me to isolate the energy without the others involved as well. (Have to think about this one.)

brow/ajna
Lots to share about this one but I'm probably going to post about it in my meditation thread later on (too much to say here). What you're experiencing with cooling probably means that something was purified in the head area. Chakras getting hot during meditation usually means purification and cool means Kundalini has left that spot and moved on - but later on we can consciously move Kundalini in and out of there (which comes in handy on a cold day). This is the center of mind, Guru Consciousness, the ego, and mastery over all the chakras below so it's an extremely powerful chakra. Once this one is awakened, one can use it to open up the others below, and push and push to get into the crown space. The energy I feel here is very focused like an arrow.

I just want to say that it's important not to compare our spiritual development based on these experiences. It is not essential to have EVERY experience everyone else has, only the ones that concern one's specific needs in the now. By starting this thread I just wanted to help us familiarize ourselves with stuff that can manifest at the chakras. Some of these are milestones and once the milestone has been passed, it is no longer needed. Then the chakra becomes a way of controlling every aspect of your life.

The experience of chakras goes from gross-physical, to subtle-energetic, to consciousness at the deeper levels. A lot of people are invested into visual (clairvoyant) experiences but really it's not about seeing but about becoming. I'm very visual and I enjoy picking up clairvoyant messages that I sometimes draw and paint later on. So whatever you prefer, you can generate at will once the chakra has been awakened and especially once the brow is open and functioning at a spiritual level.

crown/sahasrara
The crown chakra brings feelings of "I am so expanded I fill the whole universe". Energy wise it's intoxicating and blissful. It impacts every chakra below it (all chakras impact every other chakra) - but very powerfully. When I do reiki or psychic readings I am tapping into the crown chakra because sometimes I'm downloading lots of information and energy that is coming from elsewhere in the universe. Information and energy come as a package deal (Siva and Shakti). Actually I think the information comes from the brow chakra - but the crown connection expands the brow's capacity to download even more. When I was just beginning to feel my crown space, it felt tingling at the top of my head and I felt cool in spots (this is at a pranic movement level). Sri Vasudeva says the crown chakra is actually situated in the center of the brain (within the soul body that is encased by the physical body) - but it's not a linear thing - it's connected through the sushumna to all the chakras - so when you get to the epicenter of any chakra you are touching the crown chakra. The crown chakra is what allows the individual soul to connect to the UNIVERSE soul, like an umbilical cord. Amazing stuff we are made of!

ok I've over answered your question lol
Old 04-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-n-Spice
Heart
I only felt this when activated by pranayama. Green energy so warm and sweet and very rich and powerful almost intoxicating (could not believe it was my own energy I was like falling in love haha) it spreads out to the arms somehow with the pranayama I did but the chakra itself was warm and radiant feeling.

This sounds like you had a very powerful heart chakra opening. It does feel like falling in love. You can go deeper still into that love if you work on it. My heart chakra is very blocked these days :( - I miss this feeling very much. And yes it does spread into the arms and hands (see my heart chakra post above). When intoxication is involved that means you are also accessing your crown chakra at the same time...so you touched your crown chakra by going very deep into your heart chakra, as I posted above. Wonderful! My goal is to feel that in every single moment as Sri Vasudeva does. That's the joy of enlightenment (one of them).
Old 04-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilovecats
Manipura - this is chakra that I feel most often and mostly in the front. This is my power bank It's warm, sometimes can literally explode and the warmth is amazing. It can vibrate quite strong sometimes. The warmth can spread into my chest and I feel very happy. I noticed that it activates when I have positive expectation. Not necessarily about something specific but in general, like feeling the goodness of the Universe. Sometimes I can feel how it spins. There are moment when this chakra has cold energy. It is still a pleasant energy, I just don't get what is means? Anyone here also experience that?

I suspect that this was the heart chakra energy helping the navel chakra energy. Yes that makes sense because when I have felt really happy or in love, I automatically have lots of vitality energy - like I want to dance around the room or something. That's awesome that you've found a way to connect your heart to bring more vitality in. You are using your mental prana "positive expectation" as well - so the brow chakra is involved too. You are bringing brow and heart chakra prana down into the navel chakra (sounds so technical doesn't it). The science of yoga - pranayama - teaches me to be conscious of what I am activating and how I am activating it. I'm now focused on using prana-in-the-breath as well as mental-prana to open these things. We can stumble upon these techniques haphazardly when we get a nice spiritual experience (even if we don't call it that) and we can also practice to consciously produce them.
Old 04-06-2016, 06:33 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I suspect that this was the heart chakra energy helping the navel chakra energy. Yes that makes sense because when I have felt really happy or in love, I automatically have lots of vitality energy - like I want to dance around the room or something. That's awesome that you've found a way to connect your heart to bring more vitality in. You are using your mental prana "positive expectation" as well - so the brow chakra is involved too. You are bringing brow and heart chakra prana down into the navel chakra (sounds so technical doesn't it). The science of yoga - pranayama - teaches me to be conscious of what I am activating and how I am activating it. I'm now focused on using prana-in-the-breath as well as mental-prana to open these things. We can stumble upon these techniques haphazardly when we get a nice spiritual experience (even if we don't call it that) and we can also practice to consciously produce them.

Thank you Uma for your explanation. It's always interesting to hear someone else's view. I also appreciate your sharing on chakras. It's interesting to me to see/hear how others feel the energy/emotions in their body.

I do what I feel I need. I feel guided and that I am being led to things that I need. My intention is to be happy, to love and to be connected to Source. And I think that works good on all of my body and chakras
Old 05-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I am currently working on getting to know my chakras really up close and personal, doing pranayama exercises on each one every day. I have a sense of what they feel like to me but I'm really curious how you experience your chakras. We all experience energy differently so I know there's going to be variation but in a thread like this maybe some common things will show up.

These are the chakras I'm interested in.
What does the energy of each one (or the ones you can feel) feel like to you? Can you describe it in terms of...
Sensation:
Temperature:
Texture:
The way it moves:
Speed of movement:
How it effects your body:
How it effects your mind:
Anything else:

I'll be happy to try and share how it feels, I'll try to do this so it helps,starting at root;

Root:
Sensation: Grounded, Earthy, firm, deep tingling
Temperature: Warm, Hot when kundalini wakes and moves
Texture: Solid yet smoothly rough, like a smooth tree trunk
The way it moves: Direct
Speed, slow and steady paced, unless again, kundalini is awake, then it can be fast
It feels either like I'm rooted to earth with this chakra, or that I'm spacing and walking around outside myself, flighty, if it's off, not spinning right.

Sacral: Hot, makes me feel sensual, I want to dive deeper into the birthing of the universe when my sacral is spinning. Wavery it feels, like a gentle ocean. Tense, cramps, moodiness I feel when it's not spinning right. Slow spinner mine is.

Navel: cooler, yet barely warm to touch, tepid bath water. Feels sinewy,yet gently rippled. Oddly almost like a smooth yet slightly oval orange. Neither sacral nor navel, for me, move direct. It feels they swirl more, slowly spinning in wide circular movements as kundalini raises. I want to work on issues, family problems, solve others problems, be more of the intertwiner, help to solve issues of all kinds, internal and external.

(Intermittent saving so I don't lose all this, I'm writing on my cell phone)
Old 05-06-2016, 06:18 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I am currently working on getting to know my chakras really up close and personal, doing pranayama exercises on each one every day. I have a sense of what they feel like to me but I'm really curious how you experience your chakras. We all experience energy differently so I know there's going to be variation but in a thread like this maybe some common things will show up.

These are the chakras I'm interested in.
What does the energy of each one (or the ones you can feel) feel like to you? Can you describe it in terms of...
Sensation:
Temperature:
Texture:
The way it moves:
Speed of movement:
Anything else:

I'll be happy to try and share how it feels, I'll try to do this so it helps,starting at root;

Root:
Sensation: Grounded, Earthy, firm, deep tingling
Temperature: Warm, Hot when kundalini wakes and moves
Texture: Solid yet smoothly rough, like a smooth tree trunk
The way it moves: Direct
Speed, slow and steady paced, unless again, kundalini is awake, then it can be fast
It feels either like I'm rooted to earth with this chakra, or that I'm spacing and walking around outside myself, flighty, if it's off, not spinning right.

Sacral: Hot, makes me feel sensual, I want to dive deeper into the birthing of the universe when my sacral is spinning. Wavery it feels, like a gentle ocean. Tense, cramps, moodiness I feel when it's not spinning right. Slow spinner mine is.

Navel: cooler, yet barely warm to touch, tepid bath water. Feels sinewy,yet gently rippled. Oddly almost like a smooth yet slightly oval orange. Neither sacral nor navel, for me, move direct. It feels they swirl more, slowly spinning in wide circular movements as kundalini raises. I want to work on issues, family problems, solve others problems, be more of the intertwiner, help to solve issues of all kinds, internal and external.

(Intermittent saving so I don't lose all this, I'm writing on my cell phone) like I just lost the rest of it :(, I'll try again.
Old 05-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma

These are the chakras I'm interested in:
crown
brow
throat
heart
navel
sacral
root
Sensation:
Temperature:
Texture:
The way it moves:
Speed of movement:
Anything else:

They feel like muscles that move energy

The energy feels like intoxicating liquid.

They become unified in that as one experiences as like a physical identity is the intoxicating fluid. But the physical body is still felt but as equal or secondary. Depending upon what. Functions are going on. Like im typing so my attention ie on my fingers. But im also feeling myself as the intoxicating fluid. Im breathing and as i do it feels like rivers of water flowing. Intoxicating the body.

So the body is equal and secondary.

There can be like pressures around the muscles. Its very much like muscles literally that move enerfy.

The mind and body is always in an intoxicating joy. But its normal. Cause it never stops. So the mind has little to do with how i feel from that stand point. But the mind creates emotions that are all the same as they ever were. But they are always drowning in joy. So things dont stick and even if they did there would always be an element of joy with it. It has no choice cause the intoxicating joy from spirit is much stronger than the mind. It just cant stop the flow.

So in the simplest way i can think of its like this for me. Completely ordinary in that everything is very much the same. Completely extraordinary in that everything is very much the same but there is a dominant force through the chakra system moving an liquid energy that i become to identify myself as me, that blasts the body and mind into a causeless joy that can not be stopped. As far as i know and can tell.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 06-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Master
Sorry for hijacking your thread again, but this is how I experience my chakra energies here on Spiritual Forums:

Please fasten your seat belts, extinguish all smoking materials:

Root - "Hmmm...I wonder who's replied to my subscribed threads while I've been away?....Oh look, I have a PM!....Oh joy that stupid idiot is getting on my case again, I wish he'd shut up....no, you're the ignorant fool..."

Sacral- "Oh I see this forum has a "Sex and Spirituality" section - lets go and read some posts in there or talk about my angels, guides and whatnot. I wonder if there are any single guys my age, in my region that live on here? meeting somebody this way would be nice".

Navel - "Oh, I see the discussion has turned into a heated debate now! you say I'm wrong? prove it or kiss my behind. who made you the authority on all things 'spiritual'? You're not the boss of me! You say I'm ignorant do you? well you can go take a hike, fella."

Heart - "Oooh what a beautiful quote in your signature, I'm touched and moved by it...I think I'll just go and dedicate a whole thread to Lord Siva now...Lemme find some nice pictures and music to post somewhere, maybe help a newbie with a meditation problem or help guide someone lost on the way...lemme just ramble on how much I love God unconditionally all over this here forum".

Throat - "I see, a discussion on the Upanishads now...okay let me see if I can apply what I know about it and communicate what I have learned - maybe impart some wisdom from my Guru here...oh, there's a discussion about ethics and morality? cool one lets try and be totally honest with myself and my beliefs as I reply.

Brow- "Meh, I've had enough talking about "Atman" and "Brahman", let's go back into the Fairy section again...Necro likes it there...I wonder what messages the fairies have for me today? Hmmm...I wonder if there's a 'channeled message' that applies? Nope! Oh well, guess I'll just have to go and channel one of my own then.

Crown - "Is there a point of me even being on this forum? C'mon! why are you even wasting your time trying to explain subjective states here? Who cares what anybody else posts? You killed another thread? so what! You're trying harder than you need to...stop trying...slow down...relax!"

I see the whole world through the lens of my chakras so it's a bit hard focusing on them...I'm in Throat right now.

I hope you at least enjoy a totally different and fresh perspective on the whole thing. <3

Peace and take care.