Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 25-05-2016, 12:10 PM
Master
Fish How do you experience your chakra energies?

I am currently working on getting to know my chakras really up close and personal, doing pranayama exercises on each one every day. I have a sense of what they feel like to me but I'm really curious how you experience your chakras. We all experience energy differently so I know there's going to be variation but in a thread like this maybe some common things will show up.

These are the chakras I'm interested in:
crown
brow
throat
heart
navel
sacral
root
What does the energy of each one (or the ones you can feel) feel like to you? Can you describe it in terms of...
Sensation:
Temperature:
Texture:
The way it moves:
Speed of movement:
How it effects your body:
How it effects your mind:
Anything else:
Old 25-05-2016, 12:59 PM
Master
i can describe my bodily sensations for those points.
the (accurate) words i would use sound 'negative',
so i'm shy to share that.
Old 25-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i can describe my bodily sensations for those points.
the (accurate) words i would use sound 'negative',
so i'm shy to share that.

After I posted this I thought my questions might be too personal - I totally understand. Thanks for sharing that.
Old 25-05-2016, 05:07 PM
Knower

The way the chakras operate is a little more complicated. For example, temperature: The chakras can feel hot or cold depending on what they are doing - and what specific function is being emphasized at the time. Not only can we access and open the chakras from the front, but the same can be done from the back. Think of each chakra as a vortex pair, with one vortex coming in from the front and one coming in from the back through the spine.

The front and the back have different functions. If you activate the back, you will notice over time a build up of heat. That's because the back chakra governs separation. They activate naturally whenever you feel frustrated, mad or agitated. At these moments you feel the most disconnected and separate from the your environment - the heat even travels to the front to close the chakra down sometimes. Notice in cartoons, when the character gets mad he gets red with fire and smoke comes out of his ears - its kind of funny, we instinctively know this is what happens when we get mad even though it isn't accepted scientifically.

The front governs unity - this is where we feel, and during peak moments we feel bliss/one with the universe. However too much unity makes us vulnerable to the outside, we can become weak and sensitive. Thus the plight of the "empath" absorbing all the toxic emotions of the outside because of a lack of energetic boundaries. This is why we have the back of the chakra, we need separation to balance the unity.

The two working together allow the chakra to become a battery. The back chakra, governing separation, acts as a container to hold energy - and the energy held as it charges, is what ultimately governs how active the associated endocrine is. Now if a chakra/endocrine is too active, the front chakra acts as a valve for release and discharge of built up energy.

Thus you have four different functions of each chakra:

Separation, Unity, Charge, Discharge.

All four work together to enable the chakra to function as a battery.

Depending on what exactly is going on in the chakra you can have a range of different experiences, temperatures, sensations and effects.

Charging the chakra feels empowering. Any time you feel empowered you are charging yourself somewhere in one or many of your chakras. Charging is a reward for doing certain things, as a biological way to encourage us towards behaviours that benefit our survival. For example, the third chakra charges whenever we demonstrate discipline by utilizing will and hard work to accomplish what we want. throat chakra charges whenever we adhere our actions/behaviors to a higher truth/moral. The second chakra charges whenever we feel attractive. The first chakra charges whenever we increase our survival value, like, build wealth, or learn combat etc.

Discharging the chakra feels blissful (for example orgasm) however in return for short term pleasure, we pay the price with our energy and end up depleting ourselves.
Old 26-05-2016, 01:59 AM
Master
Quote:
ianalexanderr: Discharging the chakra feels blissful (for example orgasm) however in return for short term pleasure, we pay the price with our energy and end up depleting ourselves.
ankh the energy back into the system, and don't release it into the void.
Old 27-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Master
How does Necro experience chakras when the energy flows through them?

Muladhara - Potentiality of all thought and action unexpressed. Seat of the sacred self (sacral energy) - home to Kundalini Shakti.

Swadisthana - Sexual and reproductive energies - Full sexual arousal occurs without any lust, guilt or negative association when my energies move through here.

Manipura - The seat of all bodily function - digestion, elimination etc and the seat of powerful negative emotions like anger, hate and fear. I mainly just get slight indigestion as this centre is activated - nothing happens much.

Anahata - Unconditional love, kindness, appreciation and gratitude. When the energies move through here, I am just raw with emotion. Tears flow down my cheeks, I tremble with both joy and anticipation and I can't hold back my love for Shiva it flows out everywhere.

Vishuddhi - Honesty, sincerity and integrity. This chakra is the 'gateway' to the higher chakras. When the energy flows, I know that I must be truthful and honest with myself about what I really want. It feels like this chakra is the gatekeeper of the higher ones and wants to see my 'ticket' before I get on the bliss-train.

Ajna - The centre of knowledge and wisdom. The seat of the mind and higher intellect. When the energies activate this chakra, I am travelling in Spirit now - leaving the body way behind. I can have a relationship with Shiva in the dual sense and I utilise my psychic powers. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Sahasrara - I don't know yet...haven't got that far.
Old 27-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Master
Fish I guess I wasn't being too clear?

Here is how I would describe my experience of the energy of the heart, when I feel love to some degree (not in contraction)

Sensation: wonderful, sometimes even painful but in a wow way, a good way like there is more happiness than I can contain (wish I could feel this way all the time)

Temperature: warm, sometimes hot when very intense (like the sacred heart of Jesus on fire)

Texture: fuzzy

The way it moves: spreading outwards radiating out into every cell like a sun beam moving throughout my body; when my heart is contracted (negative) it's that tight chest feeling like there's a knot there

Speed of movement: slow

How it effects your body: I feel like hugging everybody; my muscles all relax like I'm having a hot soak in the tub

How it effects your mind: I feel so energized like I can do anything; I want to save the world; I want to play music, make art, write love poems to God; I forgive and forget instantly; I love everybody; I love Love; I get religious; I feel healthy; I feel inspired and recharged; at the spiritual level it's like being in love, just loving love - rapturous and enormous, without end

Anything else: yes

I can only describe the heart chakra to someone in terms of their own peak experiences. If you have ever held a newborn baby sleeping on your chest, you might know what the warm fuzzies feel like; or hugging someone who you love and feeling them loving you back. Most people can relate to this. For those who have had spiritual experiences of the heart chakra, they would be aware of an even greater love experience than these - where the heart wants to explode with love that there is so much love in the space more than what the person thinks the heart can contain.

The heart chakra is what makes us into kind, compassionate people. I hope that everyone knows this chakra, if not any other.

Here is a sweet video of dogs greeting soldiers coming home. If this doesn't open your heart chakra, I don't know what will link

So this is what I meant by describing. Since I am researching energy (prana/chi/qi) experiences of the heart, I was more interested in that. But by all means share what you want if you want to.

Last edited by Uma : 27-05-2016 at 06:39 PM.
Old 28-05-2016, 02:24 AM
Master
Sorry my explanation wasn't satisfactory. I guess I don't really overanalyse all my experiences when I experience them.

I really don't check for temperatures, the way they spin, the speed, how it affects my body etc, all I know is how it makes me feel generally when all these centres are open.

If I really want to open my heart chakra...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGT-RIc0D5g

Meh, all people are different. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 28-05-2016, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Sorry my explanation wasn't satisfactory. I guess I don't really overanalyse all my experiences when I experience them.

I really don't check for temperatures, the way they spin, the speed, how it affects my body etc, all I know is how it makes me feel generally when all these centres are open.

If I really want to open my heart chakra...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGT-RIc0D5g

Meh, all people are different. lol

Aum Namah Shivaya

The reason I started this thread was because I am doing a pranayama practice to get deeper awareness of my chakras through understanding how their individual energies feel. That's why I am analyzing them this way. This is probably really different to your practice and preferences.

I think that people experience their chakra energies all the time but don't realize it, hence a thread like this could help them realize it.

I watched that video btw and it would be more inclined to stimulate my sacral and navel chakras rather than the heart. Like you said "Meh, all people are different. lol"

Shanti
Old 28-05-2016, 12:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
The reason I started this thread was because I am doing a pranayama practice to get deeper awareness of my chakras through understanding how their individual energies feel. That's why I am analyzing them this way. This is probably really different to your practice and preferences.

I think that people experience their chakra energies all the time but don't realize it, hence a thread like this could help them realize it.

I watched that video btw and it would be more inclined to stimulate my sacral and navel chakras rather than the heart. Like you said "Meh, all people are different. lol"

Shanti
I apologise for my intrusion into your thread then and I hope you find people that can help answer all your questions seeing as how I cannot help whatsoever.

How can love's revenge not stir something? Those guys he killed were really bad dudes anyway...

Sorry. All the best of luck in achieving your desired outcome.