Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 04-05-2016, 10:07 AM
Master
I agree with what others have said, esp Starchild's advice. Just enjoy life, be grateful for all the wonderful things that are everywhere around you. That will help you go through the process and will help heal and appreciate. In the end it will help open your heart again.

Also, focusing on the heart is likely not going to work, as it is connected to other chakras that are off-kilter when the heart closes. That's my experience anyways. Maybe you still haven't worked through all emotions concerning your loss. Emotions are located in the 2nd chakra, connection/interaction with others in the 3rd and your own stability etc. in the 1st. Also expressing your sorrow is important, the throat.
Losing someone doesn't just upset the heart chakra. It upsets the entire system. ANd is not just energy, the chakras and energy system are connected to your emotions, mental and physical state etc etc. So working on your emotions, hurt and sorrow, your mental state, looking after your physical health, will also help heal the chakras.

Recovering from shock of losing someone dear will take time. I'm going through it myself. Lost my dad end of March. It comes and goes.

Good luck
Old 04-05-2016, 10:25 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
You have been hurt -deeply hurt by the loss of loved ones, that is why the flower in your Heart has closed its petals.
Re-open your love to them now in Spirit, as an on-going living thing. Address them as living beings, and send out your love daily, your gratitude, and thanks and blessings to them. Be ready to commune with them in Spirit, and if you raise your love, some joy will not be far behind. In that sunshine the petals will start to open again.

Beautiful. Simply beautiful. I will do that. Thank you so much Tobi, very much appreciated.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
You're absolutely right RiverL. I didn't see that before, but yes, that's very true. I think it just gets very scary for me, when I can only feel the grief inside instead of the love. In those moments, I think logic goes and I just try to repeat any or all known patterns to find happiness again...even if that means looking to other external sources.

This growing/healing business is tough...
First off, my condolences for your loss, I know how difficult and painful it can be

The sense I get here is that you're aware of the grief, which is a natural part of the healing process, but you're reluctant to surrender to it, which is entirely understandable - it's very human to try to move away from the pain and towards a more desirable state. But grief only creates suffering when it's resisted, and the funny thing is, when we try to cut ourselves off from grief, we also tend to cut ourselves off from love, too.

So my advice would be to take a few deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, in order to relax, soften, and weaken any resistance to the grief that there might be, and then turn towards the grief, allow it to penetrate you completely.

I wish you luck, and I'll leave you with this quote by Osho that I love :

Quote:
If a person can go into his sorrow deeply he will find all sorrow has evaporated. In that evaporation of sorrow is joy, is bliss. Bliss has not to be found outside, against sorrow. Bliss has to be found deep, hidden behind the sorrow itself. You have to dig into your sorrowful states and you will find a wellspring of joy.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I agree with what others have said, esp Starchild's advice. Just enjoy life, be grateful for all the wonderful things that are everywhere around you. That will help you go through the process and will help heal and appreciate. In the end it will help open your heart again.

Also, focusing on the heart is likely not going to work, as it is connected to other chakras that are off-kilter when the heart closes. That's my experience anyways. Maybe you still haven't worked through all emotions concerning your loss. Emotions are located in the 2nd chakra, connection/interaction with others in the 3rd and your own stability etc. in the 1st. Also expressing your sorrow is important, the throat.
Losing someone doesn't just upset the heart chakra. It upsets the entire system. ANd is not just energy, the chakras and energy system are connected to your emotions, mental and physical state etc etc. So working on your emotions, hurt and sorrow, your mental state, looking after your physical health, will also help heal the chakras.

Recovering from shock of losing someone dear will take time. I'm going through it myself. Lost my dad end of March. It comes and goes.

Good luck

Thanks so much for that lovely advice FairyCrystal. I see what you mean about how it can be about more than just the heart chakra, that makes sense. My throat chakra is also suffering, but I actually never connected that to my grief...it all just seems so obvious now.

I wish you love as you navigate through your recent loss too. Thanks again.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
First off, my condolences for your loss, I know how difficult and painful it can be

The sense I get here is that you're aware of the grief, which is a natural part of the healing process, but you're reluctant to surrender to it, which is entirely understandable - it's very human to try to move away from the pain and towards a more desirable state. But grief only creates suffering when it's resisted, and the funny thing is, when we try to cut ourselves off from grief, we also tend to cut ourselves off from love, too.

So my advice would be to take a few deep breaths, in through the nose and out through the mouth, in order to relax, soften, and weaken any resistance to the grief that there might be, and then turn towards the grief, allow it to penetrate you completely.

I wish you luck, and I'll leave you with this quote by Osho that I love :

Hi A Human Being

You got it in one. Until now, I have been completely reluctant to surrender to the grief, as it's overwhelming. I am in a place now where I sense I am ready to be brave and work through the grief, yet I am also still trying to control the tidal wave of emotion. As you say, a few deep breaths to relax, then allow the grief to have a respectful space.

Slowly, slowly...

Thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom.
Old 04-05-2016, 03:35 PM
Pathfinder
I love what starchild said about gratitude.
I also agree with approaching it holistically, as loss affects us spiritually, mentally and physically.

So, apart from the daily practice of expressing gratitude, I would also suggest re-energizing your adrenals/endocrine system. Grief is stressful and stress is terrible for the endocrine system... and the major chakra points are directly connected to the major endocrine glands. There is a simple exercise that helps a specific gland that serves you on many levels - hormones, immunity, etc. The thymus. If you tap the thymus every day for as little as 30 seconds to a minute you can start feeling the difference in your energy level. Interestingly enough, the thymus is the home of the Higher Heart chakra, which sits directly "behind" your Astral Heart chakra and so are obviously connected. You can find videos on the thymus tap on youtube. I personally love anything by Donna Eden.

Much love <3
Old 04-05-2016, 03:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by GypsyRose
I love what starchild said about gratitude.
I also agree with approaching it holistically, as loss affects us spiritually, mentally and physically.

So, apart from the daily practice of expressing gratitude, I would also suggest re-energizing your adrenals/endocrine system. Grief is stressful and stress is terrible for the endocrine system... and the major chakra points are directly connected to the major endocrine glands. There is a simple exercise that helps a specific gland that serves you on many levels - hormones, immunity, etc. The thymus. If you tap the thymus every day for as little as 30 seconds to a minute you can start feeling the difference in your energy level. Interestingly enough, the thymus is the home of the Higher Heart chakra, which sits directly "behind" your Astral Heart chakra and so are obviously connected. You can find videos on the thymus tap on youtube. I personally love anything by Donna Eden.

Much love <3

That's very interesting advice GypsyRose! I had heard before of tapping the thymus, but I really didn't know the reason for this. I'm going to look into this some more. Thanks for the Donna Eden suggestion too.
Old 04-05-2016, 04:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Hi A Human Being

You got it in one. Until now, I have been completely reluctant to surrender to the grief, as it's overwhelming. I am in a place now where I sense I am ready to be brave and work through the grief, yet I am also still trying to control the tidal wave of emotion. As you say, a few deep breaths to relax, then allow the grief to have a respectful space.

Slowly, slowly...

Thanks so much for your kind words of wisdom.
Aw you're welcome, like I say I know how hard it can be to face such strong emotions, and you probably just needed a little time to come to terms with the reality of the situation It's great that you're at a place now where you can face these emotions, always remember that you are strong enough to face them, even if your thoughts might tell you otherwise, and remember to take some deep breaths if you feel yourself becoming overwhelmed

Nice tip as well, GypsyRose, I'll have to try that
Old 04-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
...you probably just needed a little time to come to terms with the reality of the situation

Thanks so much again A Human Being, particularly for what you said above. That really helps, it makes so much sense.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:55 PM
Knower
I just wanted to post a little message to everyone who posted here in reply to my original question. I really can't thank you enough. Each piece of advice is so appreciated.

We go along with our lives being fine (relatively) until one day, suddenly....we're not fine. That's why this forum and the people here are so amazing. This is such a valuable space for healing. I have always received such powerful insights and strength from SF...but never more than now.

So again, thank you all. I feel so lucky and blessed to have such a wealth of wise and considerate people at the other end of my laptop.

Much love x