Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Auras & Chakras

Old 03-05-2016, 08:32 AM
Knower
Grief & Heart Chakra - Why can't I feel the love?

Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice please. In the last year, I have lost 2 people very close to me. It has had a surprisingly huge effect on me in many ways, emotionally, physically and psychologically. People often say they can still feel their loved ones after passing, I can't. Instead I feel a total disconnect.

However, one year on, I feel I am now ready to find some peace and hopefully some inner calm. I have been meditating and doing work to balance and heal my chakras, but I have come to a bit of a block.

Every time I focus on my heart area, I cannot seem to find a connection to any feelings of love or compassion. I know the grief of that last year has knocked me off kilter, but I would really like to learn how to reconnect with my inner source of love.

The two deaths (and other external events) have made me realise for the first time that I have always relied on outside sources for my love and comfort. This huge learning curve is welcome and I do see it as a valuable way to grow, however, how do I really and sincerely 'believe' or 'feel' or 'connect' to this source of internal love?

Are there specific chants, prayers, meditations or something else which will reconnect me. I don't want to be lost in my grief like a feather on the wind anymore.

Many thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 12:43 PM
Pathfinder

In what I've learned, love is related to the fourth (heart) chakra, but connections to others are from the third chakra. So it's possible that your sense of disconnection is related to third chakra issues and that's why your work on your heart chakra isn't helping. It's also quite likely that you have a block in your heart chakra.

Healing your chakras will help, but it won't fully address the underlying problem of not feeling connected to any internal source of love. I'm trying to phrase this as gently as I can, but to me it seems that in looking to your chakras as the source of internal love, and in reading and hearing what others tell you about healing chakras, you are still looking to *external* sources.

The advice I would give is that you stop seeking answers from others for a little while, and seek them from yourself. Instead of finding specific chants or meditations, just sit with yourself in a quiet, still place (with music or white noise if that helps you focus) and look inside yourself. Ask for inner guidance about how to heal the blocks and rifts you're experiencing. Ask your higher self how you can find love within, instead of looking outward. Healing always begins inside us, but sometimes we believe we need someone else to show us the way even though most of the time we hold the key. We just have to believe that and find that key.
Old 03-05-2016, 12:58 PM
Suspended

Hi Terra...

I don't have much to offer for advice, but I wanted to express my condolences of your losses...

I also wanted to express how much I like your avatar. A kitty sitting atop a PB&J sandwich floating through the Universe...Who could NOT love that?!
Old 03-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terra Tourist
Hi everyone

I am looking for some advice please. In the last year, I have lost 2 people very close to me. It has had a surprisingly huge effect on me in many ways, emotionally, physically and psychologically. People often say they can still feel their loved ones after passing, I can't. Instead I feel a total disconnect.

However, one year on, I feel I am now ready to find some peace and hopefully some inner calm. I have been meditating and doing work to balance and heal my chakras, but I have come to a bit of a block.

Every time I focus on my heart area, I cannot seem to find a connection to any feelings of love or compassion. I know the grief of that last year has knocked me off kilter, but I would really like to learn how to reconnect with my inner source of love.

The two deaths (and other external events) have made me realise for the first time that I have always relied on outside sources for my love and comfort. This huge learning curve is welcome and I do see it as a valuable way to grow, however, how do I really and sincerely 'believe' or 'feel' or 'connect' to this source of internal love?

Are there specific chants, prayers, meditations or something else which will reconnect me. I don't want to be lost in my grief like a feather on the wind anymore.

Many thanks
RiverL is right that you're gonna be better served by following your
own guidance, rather than something from "outside".
consider that everything is an expression of love, in some form or
degree... whatever it is that you do feel/sense is an expression of
your personal love energy. tune into your feelings and recognize them
for what they are -- an expression of love -- and see where they take you.

disregarding the above, if you want something to start with,
here's a youtube link to check out:
Tsunami of Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGt8Lo2aacQ
Old 03-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverL
...to me it seems that in looking to your chakras as the source of internal love, and in reading and hearing what others tell you about healing chakras, you are still looking to *external* sources....

You're absolutely right RiverL. I didn't see that before, but yes, that's very true. I think it just gets very scary for me, when I can only feel the grief inside instead of the love. In those moments, I think logic goes and I just try to repeat any or all known patterns to find happiness again...even if that means looking to other external sources.

This growing/healing business is tough...
Old 03-05-2016, 02:41 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnia
Hi Terra...

I don't have much to offer for advice, but I wanted to express my condolences of your losses...

I also wanted to express how much I like your avatar. A kitty sitting atop a PB&J sandwich floating through the Universe...Who could NOT love that?!

Thanks so much Somnia. That's a very kind thing to say
Old 03-05-2016, 02:46 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
RiverL is right that you're gonna be better served by following your
own guidance, rather than something from "outside".
consider that everything is an expression of love, in some form or
degree... whatever it is that you do feel/sense is an expression of
your personal love energy. tune into your feelings and recognize them
for what they are -- an expression of love -- and see where they take you.

disregarding the above, if you want something to start with,
here's a youtube link to check out:
Tsunami of Love: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGt8Lo2aacQ

Thanks so much for that great advice H:O:R:A:C:E. '...everything is an expression of love...' I like that.

Perhaps I'll begin by feeling how my grief is an actual expression of love....even if it's lost love, it's still love.

I'm very happy I asked this question today. I've had 3 very helpful replies. You have helped more than you know.

Many thanks
Old 03-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Experiencer
Mourning Loss is a Process

It takes time to go through this process. What helped me deal with my deep sorrow was generating gratefulness. It's a simple daily ongoing practice in which I find things to be grateful for. You can start small and just be grateful for little things most people take for granted; warm water to wash with for example. Over time the pain of loss becomes less frequent and less powerful. Gratitude is also complimentary to compassion, which is complementary to love. Hope this helps :-) Namaste.
Old 03-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarChild
It takes time to go through this process. What helped me deal with my deep sorrow was generating gratefulness. It's a simple daily ongoing practice in which I find things to be grateful for. You can start small and just be grateful for little things most people take for granted; warm water to wash with for example. Over time the pain of loss becomes less frequent and less powerful. Gratitude is also complimentary to compassion, which is complementary to love. Hope this helps :-) Namaste.

That's also great advice StarChild. I have actually been trying to do this in recent days, but I'm still at the stage where it feels 'fake', just saying it rather than feeling it. I haven't yet got to the moment where there's that real 'ah yes' moment. But, I'm sure (hope) it will come.

p.s. I particularly love your quote '...Gratitude is also complimentary to compassion, which is complementary to love...' That's beautiful. I'm going to use that when I meditate next.

Thanks for your lovely words.
Old 03-05-2016, 08:46 PM
Super Moderator
You have been hurt -deeply hurt by the loss of loved ones, that is why the flower in your Heart has closed its petals.
Re-open your love to them now in Spirit, as an on-going living thing. Address them as living beings, and send out your love daily, your gratitude, and thanks and blessings to them. Be ready to commune with them in Spirit, and if you raise your love, some joy will not be far behind. In that sunshine the petals will start to open again.