Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-10-2017, 10:02 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makoiyi
Lol! Poop wise their pretty clean and have their own specific areas, the gifts they leave in my boots or socks are their food as my boots and socks make for a good stash place if they are lucky enough to find them, ( I try to leave my boots hidden away in places but they do find them) its just a bit grim when I put my foot on their dead mouse breakfast that's been stashed in my boot or sock and they pinch my boot laces.

Much to their delight when they hear me groan at my latest gift. Yes they have a sense of humour and I get their delighted calls when they hear me groan. This is something they naturally do in the wild be it with each other and different things. For them to share food stashes is something that they only do with other birds they are close to, so its a pretty big thing.

These birds have large outside aviary's during the day time but come in at night to a room with their roost box / house, it's not great but its the best I can currently do.

I've seen Ravens in the wild many times back home and a couple of times here in remote places. True these guys are not in their natural surroundings that unfortunately was down to man destroying their natural habitat and taking these birds as youngsters. They were then rescued and raised by some one who has pet birds but who couldn't keep them as they had no room so they would have been kept in tiny aviarys. These people did the right thing and asked about a rehabber and were put in touch with me, they asked if I could take these Ravens as they had no one else to go to who could or would take them. Hence they arrived here.

These Ravens were so humanised from before they came to me that I unfortunately couldn't rehab them to a wild state and as such they can't survive in the wild, if wild Ravens came into contact with them they would end up dead as they were raised by humans, so this is the next best thing for them. They do have a role in life though and its an important one as they help educate the younger generations about wildlife and they get to actually see and experience being around a Ravens etc. Again I'm licenced for this work which is something I do for free.

Its due to this and similar work being done by other wild life rehabbed that these birds and other birds and wild life are now getting legislation to protect them and their habitats. Simply by people meeting them and experiencing being around them people get educated and remember so try to help achive this.

Today sadly most people don't get the chance to really experience wildlife out in the wild and have become removed from that part of life. This is just one small way that helps people to remember and to reconnect in part to nature.

Once I've moved these birds will have a huge special aviary built so that they can free fly within that area and live as near wild as possible but safely, the same for the Jackdaws. Future birds that come to me will as now be rehabbed for release where at all possible, my intention is to always rehab for release and to have a safe release site for them. But that's for the near future until then were as we are.

I agree its a poor 2nd best to the life in the wild they should have had, all I can do is give them as near normal a life as that but to continue handling them as they will always need some basic care and on going vet care due to a bad start with the humans who first took them from the wild.

On the spiritual side of life, these birds all came to me via ways that I had no hand in, I didn't and don't seek them out, but I am one of a few here who can help them and at least get some back to the wild. That has always been my medicine even when I was back home wild things and birds ended up with me as did other animals when they needed to. Here is no difference, I help them as best I can and learn from them in return.

The other's who can't be released for what ever reasons at least have a place to stay where they are respected and cared for. To me these birds are not pets and I would never make a pet of them, I have to much respect of them as individuals for that. But I do share my life and space with them so our lives do intermix and they certainly seem to be happy and content with this arrangement and they sure let me know if they are upset about or don't like something.

Thanks for the video link I'll check it out.

The ancestral spirits of these birds are still in a powerful position to control the distribution of their species around the world, unlike other species such as the ones that are featured in the video link provided, who have nowhere to go at all as they are at the complete mercy of humans.