Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 10-10-2017, 04:08 PM
Guide

Crows

Today I saw a crow waddling around in front of me and yesterday I saw one as well. I got a really good look at this one today it was absolutely beautiful even if it was giving me the beady eye. I'm reading different meanings for them and wondered if they were as unlucky as superstition says they are. I'm not superstitious myself and I love birds of all kind in their own right. I wondered if there was a difference in meaning if they're not flying past you or flying at all, I can't find anything about them walking near you.
Old 10-10-2017, 05:42 PM
Administrator
The crow is my spirit animal i don't find them frightening at all some people think they are a bad omen but not in my experience.they are messengers from spirit,but to see them walk in front of you does not mean anything as they eat road kill

Namaste
Old 10-10-2017, 07:17 PM
Master
I have a fondness for crows.

While I believe certain things can serve as omens, I do not hold to the belief that any bird, animal is an omen in and of itself.

Superstitious people also feel owls as omens.

It isn't always the case. And, becomes the case in a certain context.

I do not believe the bird should have such a bad reputation. People often forget (in the case of superstition) this and other birds too, are living breathing creatures. They also inhabit this planet with us. They, imo, are no omen.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:06 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
The crow is my spirit animal i don't find them frightening at all some people think they are a bad omen but not in my experience.they are messengers from spirit,but to see them walk in front of you does not mean anything as they eat road kill

Namaste

Thank you Native Spirit, I thought this crow was beautiful, we don't get many here that I've seen so I managed to get a really good look at it. Is there a way of telling what our spirit animals are....or do they reveal themselves to us in their own time?
Old 10-10-2017, 11:59 PM
Super Moderator
Oh heck! Crows aren't "unlucky". I am friends with one. He has been a little friend since last Winter. He is there every morning for his fish paste sandwich. Sometimes if I run out of fish paste he gets buttered seed bread or some stewed apple on bread.
Crows are very intelligent and friendly when you get to know them. We have conversations with him making beak-clicks, and me trying to copy him. Sometimes I whistle him a tune. He likes Mozart.
Old 11-10-2017, 12:36 AM
Master
I have many crows around here. Many of them roost, chill in the trees on my street.

I have read recently about how Some Celtics used to implement a type of bird augmentation with crows, using their flight patterns in a form of divination. I started doing this quite a while ago and never really knew what it was or whether others did it. Taken note of the flight of certain birds like that in a divination form.

I have been putting crab apples, carrot greens and other such break down veggies and fruits in the back yard by the bird bath hoping to attract the crows closer, no luck yet.

They roost in the nearby trees and caw. I often go outdoors to silence and listen to them and the other birds.

Crows have never been unlucky for me.

My brother hates them due to an experience he had where a large crow/raven entity (?) came to him and spoke at the window stating it wanted to speak with me. Scared him.

I try to remind him there is nothing wrong with the birds themselves, and that not every crow is a shape shifting sorcerer- evil crow entity.

I personally love crows.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:12 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
I have many crows around here. Many of them roost, chill in the trees on my street.

I have read recently about how Some Celtics used to implement a type of bird augmentation with crows, using their flight patterns in a form of divination. I started doing this quite a while ago and never really knew what it was or whether others did it. Taken note of the flight of certain birds like that in a divination form.

I have been putting crab apples, carrot greens and other such break down veggies and fruits in the back yard by the bird bath hoping to attract the crows closer, no luck yet.

They roost in the nearby trees and caw. I often go outdoors to silence and listen to them and the other birds.

Crows have never been unlucky for me.

My brother hates them due to an experience he had where a large crow/raven entity (?) came to him and spoke at the window stating it wanted to speak with me. Scared him.

I try to remind him there is nothing wrong with the birds themselves, and that not every crow is a shape shifting sorcerer- evil crow entity.

I personally love crows.

I wish we had more of them near me SaturninePluto, I love watching birds and we do get a lot of birds just not crows so this was real treat for me. I've seen 3 together today at the top of a hill I walk down and when I got to the bottom and sat down for a bit, there they were right in front of me flying around each other. They were behind me so I didn't see their whole flight pattern as such, I was just amazed to see them at the bottom when I turned round and sat down.
Old 11-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Oh heck! Crows aren't "unlucky". I am friends with one. He has been a little friend since last Winter. He is there every morning for his fish paste sandwich. Sometimes if I run out of fish paste he gets buttered seed bread or some stewed apple on bread.
Crows are very intelligent and friendly when you get to know them. We have conversations with him making beak-clicks, and me trying to copy him. Sometimes I whistle him a tune. He likes Mozart.

This is so lovely Tobi

Well, this morning, I got to see 3 crows together, this time flying from roof to roof in the same place I saw the others. When I got to where I was going I sat down for a bit (it was a long walk) and there they were sat on a roof right in front of me. I was a bit taken aback at first, I'd been looking up mostly for the whole walk to see if I could see them and I couldn't so this made me smile. Then I watched them fly around each other for a while till they flew off altogether.

My day today has been wonderful
Old 12-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Master
Crows and ravens are messenger birds (symbolically) and often when they make their appearance in ones life, in my experience anyway, it's to communicate that one is about to go through a transition of some type. That transition could be a spiritual discovery or awakening. When the raven(s) made their appearance repeatedly in my life, I went through some major life changes. I see them kind of like the Tarot 'Death' card, which really isn't about a physical death, but a life path death and the upcoming rebirth of a new self on a different path.
Old 13-10-2017, 04:58 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven
Crows and ravens are messenger birds (symbolically) and often when they make their appearance in ones life, in my experience anyway, it's to communicate that one is about to go through a transition of some type. That transition could be a spiritual discovery or awakening. When the raven(s) made their appearance repeatedly in my life, I went through some major life changes. I see them kind of like the Tarot 'Death' card, which really isn't about a physical death, but a life path death and the upcoming rebirth of a new self on a different path.

I'm going through some changes, one or two could end up major life changes so that would make sense