Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 13-09-2006, 04:02 PM
lumas

I have been told that when we sleep we all leave our body and we go off and do work, spiritually whether it be healing help, or own development ie mini reviews ect . because i too did not believe that i gave my all but was told that i/we do more than enough when asleep.

Also how often have you gone to bed with a problem and in the morning there seems to be an answer to your dilema (hence the saying i will sleep on it) at the end of the day i suppose if you do enough for your own and others growth spiritually then what more can you possibly do ...
Old 14-09-2006, 02:33 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels444
Well, knock me down with a feather. I was joking with the "knower" term - I thought I'd made it up! I never realised that it actually exists! Isn't it amazing how much we take in on a subconscious level that we are consciously unaware of?

Absolutely - it makes no odds to me what I am Kundalini. I was just having a laugh!

I know it makes no difference to you. That is thing about the wonderful invention of writing - it is still a limited way of communicating to another person. For example, I have to interpret what you say without the additional clues of body language and tone of voice. It's still a great invention though.

Yeah, you're right, it is amazing how much we take in on a subconscious level. Apparently, meditation enables us to better access those levels so that we can intuitively use them on a cnscious level - much like you just did Angels444!

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.
Old 15-09-2006, 07:25 PM
Angels444

Apparently, meditation enables us to better access those levels so that we can intuitively use them on a cnscious level - much like you just did Angels444!

I like the sound of that Kundalini. I'm having some interesting meditations lately. Working on opening the old 3rd eye. Which reminds me, got my 2nd reminder in the door today saying that my yearly eye test is due, so perhaps I ought to focus on those two first.
Old 15-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Angels444

"Apparently, meditation enables us to better access those levels so that we can intuitively use them on a cnscious level - much like you just did Angels444!"

Oops...it wasn't exactly clear that I was quoting you in the first sentence of the previous message. Still getting used to using the forum. Great way of communicating with like-minded folk I must say.
Old 21-09-2006, 11:02 AM
AL

Angel1

I meditate intensly for periods then have a break. It is not a religion, I dont have to do it every day. I do it to have glimpses of the true self. We can then re emerge these experiences and glimpses any time. Eventually we can become the embodiment if we adopt it as our consciousness (easier said than done)
One moments true meditation is worth sitting for hours without a nibble.
Once we have had glimpses, we can re emerge them and eventually gain control as we develop the SELF which we glimpse.
I have given up ritual anything and am relying on meditating on the wing, as I go, which is generally up and down in a haywire fashion.
Try to send your thoughts to a certain thing/ experience at times throughout the day in an easy and natural way. Simply having the thought or, awareness is helping to change the world.
Change your SELF to change the world.
So, if you are not perfect at every moment, why not, get all guilty and give yourself a hard time all day for it, that is real enlightenment eh?
Have mercy on the self.
Closed Thread