Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 01:11 AM
Deactivated Account
i don't do enough

i'm very quick to advise others to do it but it's rare i do it myself
Old 09-09-2006, 01:28 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisy
i'm very quick to advise others to do it but it's rare i do it myself

Hiya daisy, I too don't do enough of it. At the moment I only do 10 minutes a night and that is only on those nights when I do a reading for somebody. So don't be too hard on yourself. I shall however, endeavour to make it a daily practice.

Kundalini.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Deactivated Account
i've not done it for weeks
Old 09-09-2006, 01:34 AM
kundalini

Quote:
i've not done it for weeks

Yes, well, do you do meditation to improve your readings because if so, then it may not really matter as you seem to have a very strong spiritual connection anyway. Kundalini.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:38 AM
Deactivated Account
thank you for that comment kundalini, i do it mainly to de-stress and hopefully connect with my guides, it is hard to do at home though kids etc or a cat leaps on me lol, i should try do it before a reading see if it makes a difference though, you got me thinking now
Old 09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
kundalini

Quote:
thank you for that comment kundalini, i do it mainly to de-stress and hopefully connect with my guides, it is hard to do at home though kids etc or a cat leaps on me lol, i should try do it before a reading see if it makes a difference though, you got me thinking now

Well, it may or may not work for you better that way. I am pleased that you have brought the subject of meditation up though as it as resolved my will to devote more time to the practice of it. So, thanks daisy.

Kundalini.
Old 09-09-2006, 01:46 AM
Deactivated Account
we'll have to discuss different methods at some point, start a thread in the meditation section for it, that way we can all experiment with each others different ways, it's amazing the results you can get just from changing one thing ie different inscences (if you use it) or music
Old 09-09-2006, 01:51 AM
kundalini

Quote:
we'll have to discuss different methods at some point, start a thread in the meditation section for it, that way we can all experiment with each others different ways, it's amazing the results you can get just from changing one thing ie different inscences (if you use it) or music

Yeah, sure. I don't use incense or listen to music but I know that lavender is supposed to be good for use with the third eye, so maybe I will give that a go. Kundalini.
Old 09-09-2006, 03:31 PM
Master
I don't do it enough either. When I try to do it at night after the kids are in bed...I'm so tired I just want to go to sleep. *giggles* Or, similar to you, daisy, I have a mini yorkie who seems to like it when I meditate. He rubs up against me & then curls up right next to my leg.
Old 09-09-2006, 05:00 PM
Angels444

Essential Oils

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
Yeah, sure. I don't use incense or listen to music but I know that lavender is supposed to be good for use with the third eye, so maybe I will give that a go. Kundalini.
Hi guys,

If its okay to butt in here, I studied aromatherapy a few years ago and, while I wouldn't claim to be a seasoned expert, I've been experimenting on and off with the oils and meditation. Interestingly enough, Lavender is actually my least favourite oil - it's a scent that I simply cannot get used to. One of the intriguing things about essential oils is that they seem to be ineffective if the user finds them offputting. Frankincense is a favourite of mine. Burning a few drops in water can help you access altered states of consciousness and maintain a connection to spirit. But it's very much a case of each to his own! (Just make sure to follow the usual precautions when using essential oils).
Closed Thread