Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 21-02-2015, 06:03 PM
Knight_of_Light

Getting into exercise when you are lazy?

We all know that exercise makes the mind feel better by releasing endorphins. I also think it is grounding and I do need a lot of grounding. However, I am too lazy to bother with exercises. I always start with a day or two of exercises and by the third day I am no longer motivated. How do you get motivated to do exercises? I don't need to lose weight, I need to gain muscle mass, I am too lanky. But it seems like too hard work to me.

Be blessed!
Old 23-02-2015, 12:58 AM
Master
Key thing is to find something you love to do that gets you moving, and take full advantage of it, making it a part of your daily life. For me, I love yoga, and dancing. So I attend yoga classes or do some yoga at home. I also dance sometimes spontaneously.

What do you enjoy doing? :)
Old 23-02-2015, 01:51 AM
Gracey

spontaneous dancing happens a lot in my world. :)

Yes as Shinsoo says...do something you like.
eat protein too, it will help build muscle.
Old 25-02-2015, 04:26 AM
Master
Just be happy you can exercise, some of us cant, I get chronic sleep aponea the entire night if I do. Youll get there if its important to you. Love deepsoul
Old 25-02-2015, 02:01 PM
Deactivated Account

I tried lifting weights but it stimulates my kundalini too much... for now I'm on a break, my guidance keep telling me being lazy is good lol.
Old 25-02-2015, 02:31 PM
Experiencer
Start light. Quality over quantity.

If you dont feel like doing fifty push ups start with five good ones.

Lately, I do push ups until it burns and I can't push up and then I kind of keep it at that level where it burns and I cant get that last one for a while then go on my knees and do them that way till I can't do that any longer.

It is those last few reps that you can't do or can barely do that tear the muscle the most and help it grow the most.

Quality over quantity. If you do 200 push ups in a day doing 15 an hour or do fifty in a a day but in a row, the 50 in a is what is going to leave you more sore the next day and therefore help your muscles grow the most.

How much exhaustion you bring to the muscles is far more important than how many reps you do, yet a lot of people are fixated too much on how many reps they can do.

Listen to your muscles. Challenge them.

Make sure you don't exhaust the same muscles everyday or you will just make them weaker they need to rest and grow.

Sorry, you probably already knew all this but I actually just learned it recently.

when I was a teenager I did a deck of cards worth of pushups every single day.

it only mattered to me that I got in a certain quantity everyday rather than quality. I was tearing muscle and hurting my joints every day without giving them time to rest and actually grow.

Not good!

I just actually starting a regular routine of working my chest and arms and biceps about 20 days ago and I'm seeing progress already. Another habit I got back into in jail lol.

Before that I was just a runner.

It really doesnt take much time out of your day to get your muscles to that point of exhaustion and healthy tear that makes them grow. You can get both your chest and triceps and biceps and abs combined to that point in less than a half hour.
Old 25-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Experiencer
Start off by committing to ten minutes of streneuous exercise a day. You will feel better if you do and your body will thank you.

if you can do 10 more minutes then do that.

you can't be so lazy that you can't commit to 10 minutes of exercise.

start small lazy bones!

A little can go a long ways and is far better than nothing.
Old 25-02-2015, 06:01 PM
Knight_of_Light

Thanks for the advices, but I guess I will postpone going to the gym. I don't see how I am going to if even sitting on my bike is giving me gut pains. Gotta have my intestines and appendix checked up first. But knowing the doctors around here they will say "wait for it for a few weeks and if it doesn't go away by itself come back". Every time I decide to go into sports something like that happens. :-/ I'll stick to lifting weights with my hands only.
Old 10-03-2015, 07:06 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree, find something that you actually like, I started longboarding a few months ago, on a sunny day - I love it

Also, a great way to exercise is to bike/walk wherever you can, for me instead of going to the super market that is a 5 minute walk away, I'll bike to the one that is two miles away, that way I have a goal and then that's a four mile bike ride. I also take the route through nature - so my eyes can be happy too.

Get a yoga mat and learn it yourself at home, start with a few gentle stretches for 10/20 minutes a day.

Put some music on and dance - lose yourself in it :)

Cleaning is even classed as exercise - so do more tasks throughout the day

There are plenty of ways to move your body without feeling bored or unmotivated, just be creative and dare to try something new
Old 10-03-2015, 07:07 PM
Deactivated Account

There are basic yoga tutorials on YouTube and exercise regimes even. Get used to using different muscles first - don't focus too much on what you want out of it - just enjoy it for what it is and you'll notice over time that you have achieved positive results :)