Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-11-2014, 01:17 PM
Hypnoticalec

When does a projection occur?

The body is relaxed and the mind is calm, but that's not all of it. A manual control of the soul(**Will Power**) is necessary. But the soul is so illusive, especially for irrational types like me. It changes constantly as it grows and learns, what is necessary for a projection to occur, once the mind and body are ready?
Old 13-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Suspended

The soul has nothing to do with rationality - quite the opposite.
The soul [and l don't mean the astral or mental bodies] just 'knows' without the help of reason or rationality.
When your ready, projection will probably happen spontaneously. Your guides will know when but you need to ask for their help.
Old 14-11-2014, 12:18 AM
Neville

Projection of consciousness occurs all the time in my experience. wherever your thoughts dwell, that's where you are. In plain terms, hardly ever right here and right now.

If this consciousness projection takes place ad hoc and quiet naturally , It is probably best to relax and let go because concentrating on a problem that does not exist is by far much more futile than trying to address problems that do exist.

Your mind already leads where you are taken. An astral traveler already , and you probably never knew it. Your Day Dreams and Dreams are the stuff of the Astral..... in my experience.
Old 14-11-2014, 01:20 AM
Suspended

We do project every night, albeit not very far from the physical body [usually the lower astral body is just hovering above it]. But, most of us aren't consciously projected. We have many invisible bodies - most we are not aware of. l know of very advanced occultists who can leave their body and then do this 12 times into 12 different subtle bodies until they reach the formless state - but this is very rare.
The True soul has a vast consciousness, but most ppl aren't in contact with that IMO - except fleetingly throughout their lives perhaps.
As neville says our consciousness, as thought, goes out almost constantly. lf we have a strong thought about someone we quite often bump into them a short time after - or contact is made somehow through dreams etc...
We don't remember much that happens outside the body because the conscious link between those other planes hasn't been developed - we need to create a 'bridge of consciousness' between each subtle body to fully remember what happens there...
Old 14-11-2014, 03:06 AM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
The soul has nothing to do with rationality - quite the opposite.
The soul [and l don't mean the astral or mental bodies] just 'knows' without the help of reason or rationality.
When your ready, projection will probably happen spontaneously. Your guides will know when but you need to ask for their help.
Asking the guides for help sounds interesting. And I really don't have the energy to explain how my soul works lol. Just when I overflow in extreme emotions it comes out differently than before. GN
Old 14-11-2014, 02:36 PM
Suspended

Yeah, we all have our interpretations. As far as l know, when we experience the soul, it's a very peaceful and quiet thing, not disturbed emotional excitement.

Anyway, this might explain better what happens:

Quote:
Q: When the term "astral projection" is used, does that mean that the astral body is projected to the astral plane? A: No. The astral body is already on the astral plane, just as the physical body is on the physical plane. You do not actually "project" to planes but rather focus or tune in to specific planes. You become aware, or gain a different perspective (away from physical reality). Your other bodies are all right there with you, interpenetrating one another as each are of a different frequency. To become aware of another plane or region and to use its corresponding body, your consciousness needs to vibrate at that higher frequency. You will then be shutting down your physical senses and tuning into your inner senses. Technically, there is no "leaving" the body to "travel" to another "place", as all "places" exists as one and so "distance" doesn't actually exist. Nevertheless, when you are focused away from physical reality you will experience distance often (and perhaps primarily) but going from "place" to "place" can be instantaneous by shifting your attention to where you want to be (you do this by focusing on the energy or essence of the person or place you wish to visit). Doing this effectively and consistently, however, is easier said than done. In my experience, the more conscious you are, the harder it is to get to a location instantaneously, often leaving me no choice but to engage in long-distance traveling. This is probably only my issue (my thought patterns / mental hangups interfering with me) and may not affect you. - See more at: http://www.jonasridgeway.com/#sthash.n9tYZ6Yg.dpuf
Old 15-11-2014, 02:13 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
The body is relaxed and the mind is calm, but that's not all of it. A manual control of the soul(**Will Power**) is necessary. But the soul is so illusive, especially for irrational types like me. It changes constantly as it grows and learns, what is necessary for a projection to occur, once the mind and body are ready?

The brain has two sides that need to be ready...
The heuristic brain is fast, automatic, impressionistic, while the other half is slow, deliberate, calculating.

Most people serious about AP have the slow, deliberate, calculating half more than ready to go...but the fast acting, instinctive, automatic side is NOT ready.

This fast side is just repetition. It just has to be the last thing on your mind every single night. You have to train your fast acting brain to automatically kick in when it's time to AP much like you hit your turn signal in your car on the way to work without even thinking about it.

The fast acting side of your brain is on autopilot NOT to project until you change it :)
Old 15-11-2014, 03:06 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNC
The brain has two sides that need to be ready...
The heuristic brain is fast, automatic, impressionistic, while the other half is slow, deliberate, calculating.

Most people serious about AP have the slow, deliberate, calculating half more than ready to go...but the fast acting, instinctive, automatic side is NOT ready.

This fast side is just repetition. It just has to be the last thing on your mind every single night. You have to train your fast acting brain to automatically kick in when it's time to AP much like you hit your turn signal in your car on the way to work without even thinking about it.

The fast acting side of your brain is on autopilot NOT to project until you change it :)
Most interesting thing I've heard in a long time. I suppose this applies to everything else we can learn.
Old 15-11-2014, 03:08 PM
Hypnoticalec

Quote:
Originally Posted by durgaa
Yeah, we all have our interpretations. As far as l know, when we experience the soul, it's a very peaceful and quiet thing, not disturbed emotional excitement.

Anyway, this might explain better what happens:
Amazing. This explains why sometimes, when I'm meditating I feel as if I was really tall but still in my body.
Old 15-11-2014, 04:00 PM
CNC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnoticalec
Most interesting thing I've heard in a long time. I suppose this applies to everything else we can learn.

Thanks :) If you like stuff like this you can read books on brain heuristics.

Depending on your take on it, a study of how the fast acting brain works can help a LOT with AP. The fast acting heuristic side of the brain is really, in my opinion, just an organic computer that can be programmed to act how you want it to. If you don't program it yourself, that side of your brain will just run the default settings based on prior life experience, instincts, etc... It has to do this so we don't have to over think every situation (like turn signals or throwing something away/etc..) Are brains would be exhausted if we contemplated every option for simple tasks. That being said, your fast brain will likely run on default "do not project" mode until you actively change it :)

Easier said then done but repetition is key. Just like when you hang a new key rack in the house, the first few weeks you may only remember to use it half the time but eventually your heuristic brain will automatically think to put the keys there while you are using your slow side to decide whats for dinner/etc.. Your heuristic side of the brain needs to default to "project" mode, how you get it to do this is up to you but I imagine it will take a lot of trial and error.

My advice would be every night before sleep just think about Astral Projection, even if you are too mentally tired or don't want to try actually projecting still just think about it. Think about that moment you get in the zone and climb out of body or whatever you believe happens when you project. Eventually your fast acting side should program itself to "project mode" and that should help complete the circuit so next time you meditate (or whatever method you use) your fast side will be ready with your slow side :)