Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 27-10-2014, 08:55 PM
goldentimes

what is the difference between....

Hi all, can anyone please tell me what is the difference between Astral projection and out of body experience?

This be really helpful to know as I always thought there where the same thing
Best Regards
Old 27-10-2014, 09:23 PM
Pathfinder

An OBE is the sensation of being out of ones body, usually you are floating and able to see your physical body.
Astral Projection is an interpretation of out-of-body experience that assumes the existence of an "astral body" separate from the physical body and capable of travelling outside it.
So essentially, they are the same.. You have an OBE when you are astral projecting.
Hope this helped a little!
Old 28-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Master
OBE is just an archaic term to explain something along the lines of dreaming and astral projection, although most people who experience "OBE's" do so during a near-death experience or a temporary death experience. Which means they may be experiencing a process that one cannot experience through dreaming and astral projection, but there is no way to be 100% sure until we die. Being that astral projection and dreaming occurs in completely different dimensions thus making the ability to see your actual physical body completely impossible leads me to believe that the processes and visions which occur during a near-death experience are something instilled to allow us to psychologically disconnect from our physical body, we view the death of our physical body to make the passing over process easier for us and to make it less likely we will get lost and confused. And that is not something that can realistically occur during dreams and projections. You can view a false manifestation of your body and false manifestations of what you would misconstrue as the physical dimension, but realistically you cannot view objects in the physical dimension during astral projections and dreams and you cannot view the physical dimension itself.

Astral projecting and dreaming in reality is not an "OBE" because through astral projection your consciousness shifts out of one body into another, so in reality during a projection or dreaming you are inside of a body. It just is not the same physical body that you started out in, I guess it's a matter of opinion in some ways whether a person would consider that an "OBE" but personally I do not since technically speaking you are in a body.
Old 29-10-2014, 07:41 AM
Master
There is much disagreement on these terms. There is already a thread about this topic http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=47516
Old 29-10-2014, 03:08 PM
Master

It deponds on who you ask . To me the terms are about the same , astral projection , o.b.e. , spirit travel. There is also near death exp. there your body is dead , but comes back , or is brought back to life , and remember the event .