Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 16-10-2010, 10:21 PM
Master
Why don't I have the energy to excercise?

I've gone two weeks not swimming. And at times I get very nervous about it. I just feel too tired to do it. But I've also lost three of our cats in the past four months, one of them being a four month old kitten (all were put down).
Should I just let it be and take a break?
Thanks
SPiritlite
Old 21-10-2010, 10:16 AM
Master

Perhaps you feel tired is because you lost cats. That would be emotionally draining. No wonder you feel tired. Perhaps, you could start by just walking, then ease into swimming again if that is what you want to do.
Old 21-10-2010, 08:15 PM
Master
I would express your grief to someone, therapist, friend etc, also try journaling and eft.. depression and heavy emotions can also drain us.. spend more time in nature, hug trees that should help
Old 22-10-2010, 03:19 AM
Master
Thankyou all
xox
Spiritlite
Old 22-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Gerryh

I guarantee that if you did 10 laps in the pool you would carry on and feel better.
Old 22-10-2010, 03:39 PM
becomingshaman

It can be good to take a break from physical exercise sometimes. But if you feel like the break should be over, take a look at your diet. I'm sure you know this, but exercise causes your muscles to get a ton of tiny rips in them. This is why moderate to heavy exercise requires a protein boost, particularly in the hour after the work-out is over, which is when your muscles use the protein to rebuild and grow... Without the protein, they just stay ripped up. And then your body is stuck with injured parts to deal with, which can be exhausting, because it's forced to work to repair them, without the tools it needs to do the repairs.

The endorphins from the exercise should help you through the grief---but you won't get those endorphins if your body is getting depleted through the exercise instead of benefited. So, often, if someone is tired even though exercising regularly, it's a simple matter of making sure they get a good shot of protein after their work-outs, like via a protein drink or another similar form.
Old 22-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Master
Thankyou yes I need to eat protein after I excercise so lately after I swim I go get an egg sandwich :)
I swam two days so far this week and will swim tomorrow and SUnday.
Thanks for the info ****.
Spiritlite
Old 22-10-2010, 10:17 PM
Radiant Soul

Maybe you should try switching your routine up, I'm under the assumption that you usually swim to workout ? I use to hit the gym alot and suddenly I became tired and unmotivated. Then I came across some boxing classes which I am still attending and I'm excited about working out again! I think I was just getting bored with having the same routine and workout atmosphere. Maybe this could be part of the reason and of course losing your cats could definately play a huge role. Just my thoughts
Old 22-10-2010, 10:38 PM
Master
Yeah actually I want to do some yoga classes or I have great DVD's by Wai Lana I think is the best dvd yoga courses out there, because usually I work nights and the yoga classes are later on in the day.
I dont' like to sweat which is why I swim LOL.
Actually swimming is a passion of mine, if I don't swim for a while I have dreams about swimming which says it's time.
I think I didn't want to swim because I was emotionally drained loosing three cats in such difficult ways.
Thanks everyone for your love and concern
Spiritlite
Old 03-11-2010, 02:18 PM
Osian

I have just started taking spirulina again, i find that really helps with my energy levels. Feeling lethargic is just pants. Drink lot's of water and think nice things. When it comes to exercise i find it's best not to over think it... just do it. Good luck.