Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 11-12-2017, 09:30 AM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
I no longer give to any charities of any sort. I've had far too many shocks. Where I see that my contributions are being well spent and going directly to the needy then I can be generous. Where there are CEOs and directors certainly don't receive any of my pennies.
A few years ago I was in London with my late wife. We started to cross the river at St.Paul's on the Thames' footbridge when I saw the Salvation Army Headquarters. That this 'palace' had to be paid for by contributions from the general public really stuck in my throat. So when at Christmas the SA's 'begging letter' was put into our postbox I wrote to them. I did get a reply, from a leading figure in the SA explaining that this building had been left to the SA in someone's will. I wrote back saying OK, but there is nothing to stop them selling the building and move into much cheaped premises - this time there was no reply.
Just one example I could give more.

Just make sure you are doing something useful with your money - there are plenty of needy people's representatives driving around in Bentleys. Just inform yourself.
Thanks for the share, we have a similar problem in this country where one pastor and his inner circle ride around on Harley's and have other expensive toys and they will pull scriptures out of the bible to justify their choices. That's their thing as for me I'd rather give to the needy people I see on the street. It's a blessing to hear the voice of the givers in this world and it just shows that humanity is alive and well.
Old 11-12-2017, 07:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHIYAH
Actually I speak to many people, I show them things about the problem people that when given suggestions/advice they just shrug it off. I also show these people the intent of these problem people that aren't really looking for answers even though they ask for them but oh well yet more exposed.

I posted a very appropriate comment to you AHIYAH, which although appropriate, I removed.
Being reminded of the good Lord's statement of, " Let your Yay be yay and your Nay be nay, for anything else is of evil."
So AHIYAH, "Nay", as with all your posts I've observed.

Also SILVER, regarding your statement which you say is in the Bible ?

Where would you find such a statement and verse? Can you say?
That, "God helps those who help themelves"? Which you state with such assuredness?
Curious.

Minxoto, it's a good question, without really an answer, except to do some research, and inquire of the Lord.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 11-12-2017, 08:34 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus
I posted a very appropriate comment to you AHIYAH, which although appropriate, I removed.
Being reminded of the good Lord's statement of, " Let your Yay be yay and your Nay be nay, for anything else is of evil."
So AHIYAH, "Nay", as with all your posts I've observed.

Also SILVER, regarding your statement which you say is in the Bible ?

Where would you find such a statement and verse? Can you say?
That, "God helps those who help themelves"? Which you state with such assuredness?
Curious.

Minxoto, it's a good question, without really an answer, except to do some research, and inquire of the Lord.

Well...thanks to Wikipedia, I just discovered it is NOT in the Holy Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_he...elp_themselves
A thousand pardons!

Old 12-12-2017, 04:08 PM
Master
lst cule of tims iv dontat thngs moms nursin homes i hav so wen thy do fatses thy can sell thngs thy can

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 12-12-2017, 09:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Well...thanks to Wikipedia, I just discovered it is NOT in the Holy Bible.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_he...elp_themselves
A thousand pardons!

It's a not uncommon mistake. Thinking about it though, seems the message running through the scriptures is that God helps those who help others.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 12-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Ascender
Aren't you being a little pedantic, Morpheus.
Matthew 7.7 is pretty much saying that God helps those who help themselves:

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened ...

Old 12-12-2017, 09:44 PM
Master
i evn mad frind shp braslt for moms nursin hom fat i did usin pip clenrs i did my tim effeft thy sell monny i no will go 2 moms nursin hom it will

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔