Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 04-11-2014, 04:20 PM
Newbie ;)

Can someone help me identify what this is?

So this has happened many times recently and I'm not sure what to call it (don't think it is projection and don't think it is lucid dreaming).

I am aware that I am neither in a traditional dream nor real life. I am always in my apartment but what happens varies but it is always kind of stressful/nightmarish. I am always conscious of what's happening.

The first time I was standing at the end of my bed and I can't remember if I saw myself in bed or not. I saw something standing by my dresser and it was all in white. I felt like it was trying to attack me and I woke up.

Other times, I am still in my apartment, confused, and I walk from room to room in kind of a panic. I always try to wake up but sometimes it's hard. I try to will myself to wake up but it doesn't always happen when I want it to.

Last night was the worst yet, I was thrashing around uncontrollably in my apartment, very panicky, running around. I couldn't wake up which I wanted to very badly. I kept trying to physically hold open my eyes open to wake up. Sometimes I would "snap back" to my bed but I would still be in this state (this has happened on multiple occasions). Kind of like I kept tricking myself into thinking that I was really awake when I wasn't. Everything is dark but I can still see (almost what I think night vision would be like). My movements are different than in real life. I remember grabbing something from my closet and throwing it on the floor to make sure that it wasn't real (i.e. it wouldn't be there in the morning). I remember looking at my front door and wanting to go out but I was afraid of what was behind the door.

I have had sensations of the high pitch noise and vibrations but I'm not 100% sure if I'm astral projecting as it is not how I imagine/how others describe. Last night I did feel like I rolled off my bed onto the floor (I sleep on my front/side). Also last night I felt like something was wrestling me from behind while I was in this state (before I rolled over). I have also had the feeling of someone pulling my arm very aggressively. And the sensation of someone trying to grab my legs and pull them off the bed even though I don't "feel" anything (like I did with my arm), I just have the sensation of struggling. I don't hear voices or really see anything bad (besides that one white figure which kind of reminded me of a ninja). When I'm struggling I always think things like "get away from me" or "leave me alone" but it doesn't always work.

I've had only one or two experiences of actual lucid dreaming but as soon as I realize I'm conscious of my thoughts, I go into sleep paralysis and start hearing the high pitch noise (i.e. I can never stay in the state of a lucid dream).

Also last night I felt like a saw my eyes from both above and from the sides, moving very rapidly. Everything was pitch black but my eyes were normal (open) but were moving very rapidly. Its almost like I was observing myself freak out by observing my eyes from outside my body.

Anyway, none of this feels like a normal dream but I'm not sure if I'm projecting either. Any thoughts are appreciated! I only know one other person that gets into the sleep paralysis state but she has a much different experience than me. She hears a lot of things going on (slamming doors, voices, etc) that I don't hear.
Old 07-11-2014, 11:46 AM
Clainbro

I'm sorry to hear about your situation):
I consider myself to be an experienced dreamer/ap and have had many experiences with sleep paralysis. I have been in your situation.

From what you've said it seems (to me) like you are having a reocurring nightmare/traditional dream (until you go lucid) and then of course sleep paralysis. ):

Please take my advice i hope it helps you.

Firstly, understand you are in complete control while dreaming. Your emotions are your steering wheel!
ILL SAY IT AGAIN.
Your emotions are your steering wheel!
If you come from a space of fear, stress and panic the result will be a dream containing just that! Everything in your dream is created by you. So NEVER panic, never fear.

Next time you find yourself in a stressful dream simply change your attitude! Project the feeling of love, joy and relaxation around you and watch as your surroundings change! And SNAP OUT OF THAT STATE OF PANIC. Relax and project love. Thats all you need to do. Never fight or struggle even if you are facing a scary figure. Even in front of a horrific monster, throw some love at it and watch what happens! More than likely you will befriend the monster or some other positive change will occur.

Step 1: Relax
Step 2: Project love
Thats all.

As for the sleep paralysis, the best thing to do is to relax as much as possible. I found that the more i struggled and tried to wake up, the longer i was in paralysis. I just try and relax and eventually i drift out of it.

I'm suprised nobody else had any advice for you.. I hope i helped i some way. Let me know if something changes.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Thanks for your thoughts Clainbro :-)

The reason I posted is because it feels way different from a regular dream or nightmare (I never have nightmares anyway). Perhaps its a lucid dream but I'm panicking? It only happens when I'm up very late so maybe I just need to go to bed earlier :-)
Old 07-11-2014, 11:41 PM
Master

Welcome to the forum . It sounds like a dream or lucid dreaming to me . A lucid dream is one where you know you re dreaming and take somtroll . The idea when taking control of a dream is to let only good things happen .
Old 08-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Clainbro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2004
Thanks for your thoughts Clainbro :-)

The reason I posted is because it feels way different from a regular dream or nightmare (I never have nightmares anyway). Perhaps its a lucid dream but I'm panicking? It only happens when I'm up very late so maybe I just need to go to bed earlier :-)

ahh Well I would say its both.. Bcause you realize you are dreaming mid-dream right ? - That moment is when you go lucid. But then after you do, you said you often go into paralysis (probably because you panic)
learning to control your emotions is key.
You dont have a nightmare problem thats good to know
Old 08-11-2014, 03:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2004
So this has happened many times recently and I'm not sure what to call it (don't think it is projection and don't think it is lucid dreaming).

I am aware that I am neither in a traditional dream nor real life. I am always in my apartment but what happens varies but it is always kind of stressful/nightmarish. I am always conscious of what's happening.

The first time I was standing at the end of my bed and I can't remember if I saw myself in bed or not. I saw something standing by my dresser and it was all in white. I felt like it was trying to attack me and I woke up.

Other times, I am still in my apartment, confused, and I walk from room to room in kind of a panic. I always try to wake up but sometimes it's hard. I try to will myself to wake up but it doesn't always happen when I want it to.

Last night was the worst yet, I was thrashing around uncontrollably in my apartment, very panicky, running around. I couldn't wake up which I wanted to very badly. I kept trying to physically hold open my eyes open to wake up. Sometimes I would "snap back" to my bed but I would still be in this state (this has happened on multiple occasions). Kind of like I kept tricking myself into thinking that I was really awake when I wasn't. Everything is dark but I can still see (almost what I think night vision would be like). My movements are different than in real life. I remember grabbing something from my closet and throwing it on the floor to make sure that it wasn't real (i.e. it wouldn't be there in the morning). I remember looking at my front door and wanting to go out but I was afraid of what was behind the door.

I have had sensations of the high pitch noise and vibrations but I'm not 100% sure if I'm astral projecting as it is not how I imagine/how others describe. Last night I did feel like I rolled off my bed onto the floor (I sleep on my front/side). Also last night I felt like something was wrestling me from behind while I was in this state (before I rolled over). I have also had the feeling of someone pulling my arm very aggressively. And the sensation of someone trying to grab my legs and pull them off the bed even though I don't "feel" anything (like I did with my arm), I just have the sensation of struggling. I don't hear voices or really see anything bad (besides that one white figure which kind of reminded me of a ninja). When I'm struggling I always think things like "get away from me" or "leave me alone" but it doesn't always work.

I've had only one or two experiences of actual lucid dreaming but as soon as I realize I'm conscious of my thoughts, I go into sleep paralysis and start hearing the high pitch noise (i.e. I can never stay in the state of a lucid dream).

Also last night I felt like a saw my eyes from both above and from the sides, moving very rapidly. Everything was pitch black but my eyes were normal (open) but were moving very rapidly. Its almost like I was observing myself freak out by observing my eyes from outside my body.

Anyway, none of this feels like a normal dream but I'm not sure if I'm projecting either. Any thoughts are appreciated! I only know one other person that gets into the sleep paralysis state but she has a much different experience than me. She hears a lot of things going on (slamming doors, voices, etc) that I don't hear.
Astral projection and lucid-dreaming are practically the same thing to be honest. The only real difference between the two is the moment in which you enter a conscious state of thought and awareness. In an astral projection most people will maintain a conscious state of thought and awareness up until their consciousness shifts into another body and dimension and then they will regain consciousness briefly after that which is when they experience all of the misconstrued "exit" sensations which are really just a form of paralysis and energetic magnetism. In lucid-dreaming a person enters a conscious state of thought and awareness after their consciousness has shifted into a different body and dimension, sometimes awhile after that has happened. There is no such thing as "exit" sensations because the astral body never existed in the the physical body to begin with, they are parallel bodies existing concurrently in two completely different dimensions. The only thing that ever leaves our physical body through dreaming, lucid-dreaming, and astral projection is our consciousness.

Your experiences occurred in a dimension that overlaps the physical dimension we live in, that dimension is called the RTZ which stands for Real Time-Zone. I'm guessing it was originally named that because time seemed to pass in a similar fashion in the RTZ as it does in the physical dimension. What I do know is the RTZ typically looks like the physical space it overlaps but usually has some minor to major distortions which is why your experiences are occurring in a duplicate of your house, even though technically speaking you're not in your house since you're in a different dimension. Just because we own a house in one dimension doesn't mean we own it in any of the other dimensions that parallel ours. With that said other beings are going to be living in the house in the RTZ dimension and that is going to explain why you saw what you saw. They can get a bit aggressive sometimes because in their eyes you are an intruder. Another possibility that's tough to conceive of in the beginning is that when we dream and project as I stated earlier we shift into other bodies, many of those bodies are living bodies whom are living lives very similar to ours in the physical dimension. Those lives include friends, family, partners, school, jobs, hobbies, and so forth. And so you could be shifting into the body of a being who lives in your house in that dimension. And that would explain why you have felt yourself being grabbed and so forth, because the being touching you wasn't aware of the fact that the body they were touching was currently housing your consciousness as well, or they were and wanted to prevent you from going anywhere and getting into trouble. This is often the explanation as to why people have dreams and projections and there is some unknown person laying next to them in a bed, because they are in the body of that person's partner. Actually recently I have heard beings calling this "triporting." It is a variation of the lightning rod effect which is when two beings link up one of which goes into the other's body and they do so to release emotions. They have to have similar emotions to release otherwise it would not happen.

The fact that you haven't really been attacked that much nor have you seen anything really scary is reassuring though. It sounds like you're not really shifting into that bad of an environment otherwise things could be a lot worse. It sounds like you have a great deal of fear that you need to deal with, it's kind of ironic because there are some people that would kill to be able to shift into the dimension you're shifting into but from the sound of it your fear is ruining your opportunities to explore another dimension and meet the beings who live there. Being in another body and dimension can be frightening in the beginning especially a dimension that's laws are quite different than ours as the RTZ is. The RTZ looks a lot like our dimension but after you get past looks that is where the semblance ends. A lot of the other things that occur in the RTZ are very different than our physical dimension. The flesh on the bodies works a lot different than ours does in our dimension, the dimension is a lot less dense creating the possibility of flight, hovering, and so forth. Manifestation is possible in these dimensions as well as is much more. In the beginning all of these differences can be overwhelming for a person even if they aren't completely aware of them or aware of the fact they are in a different dimension. But over time that fear should eventually dissipate leaving you with your experiences and the opportunity to explore another dimension, which is something that a lot of people would do anything to be able to do. So I suggest embracing your experiences and learning from them, instead of looking at them in fear and suspicion.
Old 08-11-2014, 10:41 PM
InAnotherLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clainbro
I'm sorry to hear about your situation):
I consider myself to be an experienced dreamer/ap and have had many experiences with sleep paralysis. I have been in your situation.

From what you've said it seems (to me) like you are having a reocurring nightmare/traditional dream (until you go lucid) and then of course sleep paralysis. ):

Please take my advice i hope it helps you.

Firstly, understand you are in complete control while dreaming. Your emotions are your steering wheel!
ILL SAY IT AGAIN.
Your emotions are your steering wheel!
If you come from a space of fear, stress and panic the result will be a dream containing just that! Everything in your dream is created by you. So NEVER panic, never fear.

Next time you find yourself in a stressful dream simply change your attitude! Project the feeling of love, joy and relaxation around you and watch as your surroundings change! And SNAP OUT OF THAT STATE OF PANIC. Relax and project love. Thats all you need to do. Never fight or struggle even if you are facing a scary figure. Even in front of a horrific monster, throw some love at it and watch what happens! More than likely you will befriend the monster or some other positive change will occur.

Step 1: Relax
Step 2: Project love
Thats all.

As for the sleep paralysis, the best thing to do is to relax as much as possible. I found that the more i struggled and tried to wake up, the longer i was in paralysis. I just try and relax and eventually i drift out of it.

I'm suprised nobody else had any advice for you.. I hope i helped i some way. Let me know if something changes.

This has helped me also with something similar that I experienced but not nearly as often as OP. But I also panicked, this advice is very comforting. Thanks!
Old 09-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks Astral Explorer! I found what you wrote very helpful. I have read some things (tonight) on the RTZ (never heard of that before) and it's basically describing what I experience. I have had this RTZ experience at a friends house as well (forgot to mention that in my OP). I tried to wake my friend up (we were sharing a bed) and was panicking when she did not hear me (i tried to scream and grab her but nothing happened). Everything is very slow-motion-y.

I should also note that I wasn't trying or practicing to AP. These weird things started happening to me so that's when I started researching and found this forum (which I like very much). I think that's where the fear is coming from - this new experience that I know nothing about. Actually the RTZ seems a lot less scary than the astral dimension so maybe I will be less scared next time and have a better experience. Thanks for your response :-)
Old 09-11-2014, 02:34 AM
Master
Definitely sleep paralysis with a mixture/transition of limited projection and dreaming (probably aware dreaming). Without getting further away from your body or going fully lucid, you are in unstable transition. This is typical of sleep paralysis states.