Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 25-01-2012, 12:10 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn
I don't think souls have a species

But do species have a soul? so maybe in my next life I could be a fairy or a unicorn.

What show was that about dragons? I love the story about how "clever" people in Europe (think it was Europe) thought the platypus was created out of parts from different animals when they first got hold of a dead one from Australia (think it was Australia). It looked so strange to them that they just could not believe that it really existed.
Old 25-01-2012, 01:54 AM
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
But do species have a soul? so maybe in my next life I could be a fairy or a unicorn.

What show was that about dragons? I love the story about how "clever" people in Europe (think it was Europe) thought the platypus was created out of parts from different animals when they first got hold of a dead one from Australia (think it was Australia). It looked so strange to them that they just could not believe that it really existed.

I think every being has a soul, including various species of creatures (those on Earth and those off of Earth or on different planes) and plants, rocks, etc. In my view, it wouldn't be impossible for you to incarnate as another species (wolf, cat, dog, mermaid, fairy, elf, etc.)

I can't remember the name of the show, it's been awhile since I've seen it, but I think it was either a Discovery Channel show or a History Channel show. It was looking at dragons and various myths of them including possible origins (from them being a race/species memory of large snakes, large bat-like creatures, etc. that may have hunted pre-hominid humans).

And about the platypus...given how they look and when they were discovered, it's reasonable to assume that they'd be made of various bits of animals...or maybe that they were a hoax created by someone else (which was another theory, if I'm remembering my college courses correctly). It's pretty interesting to learn of how people in different eras viewed different creatures.
Old 25-01-2012, 02:26 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn
It's pretty interesting to learn of how people in different eras viewed different creatures.

It really is quite amazing

Just do not know if I buy the modern theory about mermaids being manatees seen by horny sailors. Sounds unlikely unless they also were drunk
Old 25-01-2012, 02:28 AM
Arawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjoorka
It really is quite amazing

Just do not know if I buy the modern theory about mermaids being manatees seen by horny sailors. Sounds unlikely unless they also were drunk

Well...sailors had nothing much to drink other than fouled water or alcohol. I also don't buy that theory, but I also think that sometimes the realms kind of cross so I think it's possible they saw a critter from another realm and believed that it was an actual earth-bound creature.