Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 26-11-2017, 02:30 AM
Guide

Cop tried to give me a ticket. I argued him down.

In the dream I rolled a stop sign (as one does in california). A cop pulled me over and tried to give me a guilt trip and ticket. I was like...really? You're going to try an intimidate me over a rolled stop when so many other worse things happen? You don't want to give me a ticket you want the chance to talk down to a woman to feel powerful! I basically gave him a lecture because I just wasn't having anyone's bullcrap not even a cop's especially for something EVERYONE in California does (literally...they call it a California roll). The guy looked sheepish for what is basically a ** ticket. He basically gave up and I woke up.
Old 26-11-2017, 04:53 AM
Master
i think that this dream is a serious warning sign.
it could be that the spirit side of your being is wanting to give you some
guidance, but you're being a bit too 'bull-headed' to pause and listen.
i've definitely got the feeling that something is upcoming for you,
probably within this week... and you'll be in a better position if you take
things slow and cautious; observe traditions and the 'rules of the road'
for a while, until you know that "all's clear".

driving is metaphorical for how we navigate through life, so this could
be about interpersonal relationships, or something else... not just cars.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:57 AM
Guide

Ok...not sure what any of that means or is in reference to.
Old 26-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Master
your dream was of you driving, which is like your spirit directing your body
through life. there are rules to behavior, for safety, and so others can expect
things to be a certain way. the cop in your dream was an 'authority figure'
who observed you operating 'recklessly', or without care... and he'd attempted
to provide you with 'correction'. this might be like your spiritual guides wanting
to help you be safe. the dream you wasn't in the mood for 'assistance'... you
make your own rules (although you were doing what "everyone else" does).
my spider-sense is saying that what might be characterized as "reckless
disregard" could well be 'tested' in short order....
take care.
specifically, maybe take extra time to be sure you're nice to people who are
merely doing what they think they ought to... hear them out and be gentle.
Old 26-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator
Cops in general symbolize our concept of right and wrong and following the "law". That said one person's rules are not necessarily the same as someone else's. I would say it is possible you have someone in your life who is trying to tell you how to live your life and is good at pointing out when you are doing something wrong and giving you a guilt trip as a result. You are at a point where you are fed up with it and are starting to see life doesn't have to be micromanaged. You are standing up for yourself though you may have a tendency to be a bit aggressive with your defense. It's natural when we feel wrongly accused. I know I can kind of snap on people who wrongly accuse me. It goes back to my father always telling me I'm doing things wrong. It caused a lot of pain in me I didn't realize I was carrying.

This dream could represent a current event over the past few days or could be a warning about a possible confrontation on the horizon so just keep your eyes open for anyone trying to guilt you for how you live your life and remind yourself they can have their rules but you don't have to abide by them. Live your life how you see fit.

It could also be an indication of how you put a guilt trip on yourself. We all have multiple sides and they don't always work well together. The different points of views we get from the outside can create conflicting thought patterns in us. Regardless none of us deserves to feel guilty regardless if it is from others or ourselves.

In any event, if this is about how others try to stop your behavior and lay guilt on you ask yourself if you feel a pull to conform to their wishes. Often nice people feel obliged to do what people ask of us but in the process we lose sight of our own autonomy. We learn to listen and obey our parents and are never taught how to live the way we want and then feel pushed around by others. I do believe this dream is bringing an awareness to your inner desire to live your life on your terms. That's a good thing but you may need to break the habit of feeling obligated to conform to what others want.
Old 26-11-2017, 05:35 PM
Guide

I think you are right michelle. Many people from many angles have always tried to get me to do things their way. I consider it an act of strength to just be able to keep my head down and keep to a steady and inconspicuous path at times. Like right now I am trying my hardest just to survive to the next step as in just do my job not ruffle feathers and do good in school. My life right now is not about shining bright in any direction which usually causes issues. Someone somewhere is always going to have issues with someone who wants to do well or even shows a bit of "difference" because they see it as a threat. I am not interested in that drama. My goal is to get through college, do as well as I need to in my job and stay true to myself (which means taking care of myself i.e. not overworking myself). I know I have time to show I am capable of being and doing more and being and doing different later. I am like...in a cocoon now. Development team and protection and there's nothing wrong with it.

I do know that my defense is always aggressive. Learning autonomy was always a fight in my life especially as a child. I didn't even know what I was fighting for at that time. Seeing opposition to everything I do as a threat is left over from growing up as is the response. To always be on defense and be ready to fight. There are no longer any stand-tjere-and-be-screamed-at sessions over every little thing I do (literally) but if someone so much as says something jokingly about a quirk or something I'm ready to fight my way out of it. But I understand not everyone understands that I've had to deal with it. When I get past the point of trained in defense I realize what is going on. The only thing I can do is give myself that time to get past the initial instinct. I apologize to those who genuinely meant no harm and usually they can't tell anything is wrong.

For either of you if anything comes up all I will do is keep that steady middle course. I've been very careful to do so the past 3 years and can't think of any instance where I've done anything that could be seen as wrong by anybody. It's been a bland existence but like I said it serves my priorities of getting through school. I don't see it as restrictive in any way but wise. If there should be a confrontation all I can do is hope that I get out unscathed. My internal issues are one thing but outwardly I don't plan on causing problems. I just want this time to be peaceful because I my plans for the future - career, having kids, etc. - require this period of development and protection. If someone has a problem with that it's on them. I am not responsible for someone else's problem specially when I've done nothing wrong. I understand perception is most of the problem people have with you but if they have a problem with a hard working straight a student who volunteers her time on the side then they really do have bigger problems that have nothing to do with me.
Old 26-11-2017, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Who's feathers are you trying to not ruffle and why?
Old 26-11-2017, 06:38 PM
Guide

People at work: my job is worth more to me than complaining about little things or bring right or anything really. My job is worth more to me than cliques or politics or whatever. Basic stuff everyone faces. Back in the day I'd be willing to dive into it because I'd be so keen to protect myself but honestly I don't owe anyone anything other than my good work performance and a decent attitude. I work there...and I am not the owner. I don't need to take responsibility for things like inefficiency or personnel problems. It's not my problem! My problem is making sure my work is OK and doing my job as best as I can. Everything else is ancillary.
Home: same. My household holds a lot of values I do not. Very right wing extremist here but I am not. I know a lot of what they believe is wrong but I don't need to argue to know that.
School nothing really.
Old 26-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Master
Katy Perry - Roar
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CevxZvSJLk8

Gaia is a female energy; this is her world, and any other spirits are "just visiting".
imo, it's male-oriented energies which have introduced 'conflicts' onto the scene.
there's no need to adopt a fighting attitude to push back against that... that'd be
like the winner adopting the strategies of the losing side of a battle.
Old 26-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll
People at work: my job is worth more to me than complaining about little things or bring right or anything really. My job is worth more to me than cliques or politics or whatever. Basic stuff everyone faces. Back in the day I'd be willing to dive into it because I'd be so keen to protect myself but honestly I don't owe anyone anything other than my good work performance and a decent attitude. I work there...and I am not the owner. I don't need to take responsibility for things like inefficiency or personnel problems. It's not my problem! My problem is making sure my work is OK and doing my job as best as I can. Everything else is ancillary.
Home: same. My household holds a lot of values I do not. Very right wing extremist here but I am not. I know a lot of what they believe is wrong but I don't need to argue to know that.
School nothing really.

When you said ruffle feathers I got the impression it was more fear driven like walking on egg shells so as not to cross anyone but it sounds more like a live and let live attitude which is much healthier. Hugs.