Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2006, 04:07 AM
Enlightener

Stretching

Stretching is a good way to loosen the muscles and releive any tension in the body. There are two types of people in relation to stretching: People who like stretching and those who dislike it. If you are one of the people who enjoy stretching you may not need to do it as much, but if you are one of those people that loathe stretching you should do it on some kind of basis, as your muscles are probably more prone to becoming tight.
I am, unfortunately, one of the people who hate stretching, so I find that doing it at least every couple of days is helpful to my sorry excuse for a spine.

Enlightener
Old 03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
Light Mage

I always find having a good stretch when I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered to get out of bed yet, helps wake me up enough to crawl out from under my comfy, comfy duvet.

Old 03-10-2006, 04:19 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Mage
I always find having a good stretch when I'm feeling lazy and can't be bothered to get out of bed yet, helps wake me up enough to crawl out from under my comfy, comfy duvet.

That's interesting Light Mage.

Did you know that when you stretch like a cat when getting out of bed ( like arms outstreched etc. ) you are releasing pent-up energy from the Solar Plexus chakra? It's a beneficial thing to do.

Thanks for posting this subject, Enlightener.
Old 03-10-2006, 04:42 PM
Light Mage

Wow. You know I was going to make a comment about stretching like a cat, but I thought it looked a little silly when written down!
Old 14-10-2006, 08:19 AM
e-ma

Nothing could be as silly as me. I love being outdoors so much that sometimes I get a blanket in the garden and stretch and roll around, like a dog or something.

Hey, Enlightener, I have bad habits with my posture too and my spine starts to ache.. I bought a hematite necklace not too long ago and have been wearing it around my ankle.. one of the added benefits of it is that it helps to correct posture and align your spine! Ever since I have started weraring it, I haven't slipped up with my posture at all, my back has been fine. It's really good.
Old 17-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Enlightener

It's amazing the qualities that some minerals, or rocks contain.
To think that something that has been in the Earth for so long can have such an effect on the physical body.
Good work E-ma.

Enlightener
Old 17-10-2006, 05:33 PM
e-ma

It is amazing, isn't it...
Old 19-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Dariel

Hi,

Actually stretching and small easy excercise before and after meditation is really good helping the energybody wake up and clean a bit and make the energies circulate better and helps in meditations. Afterwards it is important to rub the body and exercise again to make higher extra energiess to "absorb" into energyfield well and not get stucked nowhere which can happen if there is energydirt in aura (which we all have at least some). Especially good thing is circulate the eyes and all the joints and back (spine).

Dari El
Old 19-10-2006, 10:16 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariel
Hi,

Actually stretching and small easy excercise before and after meditation is really good helping the energybody wake up and clean a bit and make the energies circulate better and helps in meditations. Afterwards it is important to rub the body and exercise again to make higher extra energiess to "absorb" into energyfield well and not get stucked nowhere which can happen if there is energydirt in aura (which we all have at least some). Especially good thing is circulate the eyes and all the joints and back (spine).

Dari El

That sounds like a very good idea Dariel. Thanks for putting it up here.

Kundalini.
Old 20-10-2006, 05:40 AM
e-ma

Yeah, that's a cool idea.. also having a bath or shower before meditation helps to clean off all of the negative energies accumulated throughout the day. I find that I meditate better after having a shower. I think that a lot of religious traditions practise this as part of their routine too.
Closed Thread