Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 05-12-2010, 01:06 AM
Ciqala

this may be funny, but my friend's animal totem ate all my fish :(

She has a blue heron, always talks about seeing them, and i never once in my life had seen one, but apparently, her bird is feasting at my pond, was feasting, no fish to eat anymore lol. And i live in the middle of town, there is no way a blue heron would naturally be around here!

She comes to my house frequently.
Well one day I notice my fish aren't swimming around, i was kind of worried, hoping they were at the bottom of the pond.

And then, one day i happen to go out there, and I see this giant blue heron sitting on the side of my pond. They are the weirdest looking birds i've ever seen. Not meaning to be disrespectful. But the most dangly awkward looking things, and it just stared at me.
Well, i was quite offended. I told it to go away. The way it flew away was so awkward looking. Apparently they are quite majestic, and quick at fishing though. I had one fish in there, that was four feet long, and he was my buddy, but upon telling my friend, she just laughs and says "well they are the best fishers!"
I don't know how i should feel... I seems quite powerful, but... still... all of my poor fishies are gone.
My friend is totally happy that her bird is following her around, but i am not too happy about it. I had over 30 fish in my pond, and i even named them all! Anyway, kind of a ridiculous and funny story, but what does one do, when someones animal totem crosses your boundaries?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Sangress

Get a cat totem to chase off the blue heron?

.....wait....cats eat fish....nevermind. Lol.

I've had something similar happen.

My friend has a rat for a totem animal and she came to my house.

I'd never seen a rat on my property...ever...before then, and when she happens to walk outside to greet my chickens an enormious rat waltzes out of the chicken shed and starts eating their grain not 3 feet in front of us, in full view.

She just laughed and asked if my crows eat rodents.

I told her they might if the thief of a rat decides it likes chicken eggs with its grain. ;p

I haven't seen or smelled the rat since.
Old 05-12-2010, 02:01 AM
eraser

However you may have interpreted it, Cigala, I can assure you the heron was grateful for the gifts you left him in your pond. ;)

The heron is my primary totem and I'm pretty sure I know how he thinks.

On his behalf, I thank you for the food you offered. :)
Old 05-12-2010, 03:14 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangress
Get a cat totem to chase off the blue heron?

.....wait....cats eat fish....nevermind. Lol.

I've had something similar happen.

My friend has a rat for a totem animal and she came to my house.

I'd never seen a rat on my property...ever...before then, and when she happens to walk outside to greet my chickens an enormious rat waltzes out of the chicken shed and starts eating their grain not 3 feet in front of us, in full view.

She just laughed and asked if my crows eat rodents.

I told her they might if the thief of a rat decides it likes chicken eggs with its grain. ;p

I haven't seen or smelled the rat since.

Lol an enormous rat, that's a great story :) At least he left with her. I was sure i wasn't the only one!
And you have crows as totems? I do as well, and ravens, i don't know about crows eating rats, but back in the day when i lived on a farm, my dad would get so upset, because the ravens would peck out the eyes of the newly born cows, and he could never shoot them if he tried, because they were so smart! Thats kind of disturbing, but my dad was always trying to outsmart the crows and ravens around the farm, and that was funny. I think my dad did something to offend them.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Ciqala

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser
However you may have interpreted it, Cigala, I can assure you the heron was grateful for the gifts you left him in your pond. ;)

The heron is my primary totem and I'm pretty sure I know how he thinks.

On his behalf, I thank you for the food you offered. :)

Haha, well your welcome, and he did have a fairly LARGE feast, i'm pretty sure it will last him all winter :)
They are quite amazing birds, the strangest ones i've ever seen, this guy was gigantic! Kind of surprised i've never seen one before, but that was cool... although sad.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:18 AM
Master
hmmm after those posts..thinkin' about getting a tiger totem now