Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 28-02-2018, 08:31 AM
Knower

Why am I drawn towards Judaism?

I noticed I started getting drawn towards Judaism when I was learning reiki. Ever since then I’ve had an on and off interest in it. Don’t know why. Not much logical reason to be. It’s pretty much the Old Testament. I don’t have any interest in Christianity. I’ve never been one to join religions. Not even more open ones like the Baha’i faith. I like the Baha’i faith in theory, but I have no interest in it. For some reason I’m still drawn to Judaism which couldn’t be more of a religion. I know conversion is a big deal. I don’t want to convert at the moment, but I’m scared I will one day. What makes Judaism unique from other religions? Particularly Christianity.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:26 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParanoidHippie
What makes Judaism unique from other religions? Particularly Christianity.

While I don't think that any religion is truly unique, I can tell you perhaps three major things that make Judaism different from Christianity:

1. In Judaism, action and deeds are generally viewed as being more important than faith. In Christianity, faith is generally viewed as being more important over action and deeds.

2. Jews do not believe in the Christian concept of "original sin." In Judaism, all babies are born into the world free of the stain of Adam's sin. Interestingly, the doctrine of original sin wasn't officially adopted by Christianity until hundreds of years after the religion's inception.

3. Finally (and most obviously), Jews are still waiting for the Mashiach (Messiah) to arrive.