Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 25-03-2016, 07:06 PM
Master
They Beauty of Islam

Islamic prayer is one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.

A few years back when I was doing volunteer work for the American Cancer Society I remember seeing one of the women in the back room praying. I felt so captivated. There was this amazing feeling that filled the space and I wanted to join her but I didn't know how and I didn't want to interrupt.

It was one of the many moments in my life when I felt drawn to Islam and wanted to learn more.

Now that I am finally taking that next step to learn it has taken on a whole new beauty to me.

Surah al-Fatihah

In the name of God, most gracious, most merciful
Praise be to God, Lord of all existence
Most merciful, most kind
Ruler of the day of judgment
You alone we worship, you alone we ask for help
Show us the straight path
The path of those whom you have favored,
not of those whom have earned your anger,
or of those whom have lost their way.

This is regarded in one of the books I am reading as the "Mother of the Book".
Quote:
It's relation to the whole Qur'an is like that of a mother to a child.

In the 5 daily prayers this verse is recited 17 times. In between repeatedly praising the Lord, bowing before him, asking his forgiveness and asking that he bless Muhammad (pbuh) and Ibrahim (pbuh).

It is this devotion and reverence for the Lord that is one of the key things that I love so much about Islam.

Last edited by 002 Cents : 25-03-2016 at 08:20 PM.
Old 25-03-2016, 08:53 PM
Master
Wudu or Abulition

The physical embodiment of spiritual cleansing before prayer.

This act is performed before each of the daily prayers.

The idea, we are making ourselves presentable to stand before God.

You wash starting with your right hand and finishing with your left foot.

The ritual includes rinsing your mouth, inside your nose, inside and behind your ears, and cleaning between each toe one by one - 3 times... (ears only once though)

I will say that initially, performing Wudu before prayer 5 times a day seemed burdensome. But I did it anyway, I have come to think of it as being comparable to a mini meditation leaving me with a deep sense of peace at the finish

and what I am finding is that the discipline I am developing, through observing these practices, is starting to manifest itself in other areas of my life where I was more lax than I should have been. Namely, in my attentiveness to the house hold duties.

Last edited by 002 Cents : 25-03-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 25-03-2016, 09:14 PM
Master

Beautiful. One of the most beautiful souls I know is a young girl - well about 30 but muslim (very similar). she has a beautiful philosophy and I really admire her stance in life.
Old 26-03-2016, 06:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Beautiful. One of the most beautiful souls I know is a young girl - well about 30 but muslim (very similar). she has a beautiful philosophy and I really admire her stance in life.

thanks for sharing. I have been fortunate to know some very lovely Muslim folks in my life as well. Some dear friends.
Old 27-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Newbie ;)

Breaking Wudhu
While it is preferable to perform wudhu before each prayer session, if a practionioner has not broken wudhu, then it is not considered necessary. Practices that break wudhu and require ritual cleansing include any discharge from the genitals or anus, touching the genitals or falling asleep. Anything that causes a person to become unconcious, such as fainting or becoming intoxicated, also invalidates wudhu. Finally, bleeding from a cut or wound or touching a wet dog also break the cleansing. Engaging in sexual intercourse or menstruating requires ghusl, not wudhu.

Taken from
people.opposingviews.com/muslim-ritual-ablutions-5257.html

Becoming a Muslim make you realize, there is a war against human, not only Muslim, to hate each other, so we will waste our time in worldly, physicaland material matters, so we (human) won't attain what God prepared for us in the end of time.
Old 27-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Master
Thanks. :) it has for sure been a learning experience. Thankfully several of the people I've encountered have been very kind and willing to help me learn.
Old 28-03-2016, 02:21 AM
Master
Masha Allah! This is SUCH a beautiful thread Thanks so much for sharing!
Old 28-03-2016, 05:24 PM
Master
I am glad you like it Sugar-n-Spice :)
Old 28-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Master
The Azaan or Adhan

The Islamic call to Prayer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe8qRj12OhY

This first time I heard this was a beautiful experience.

It was another moment I felt drawn to learn more about Islam.

Positively stunning.

(not sure why the sun is at the horizon in the vid though as I was told not to pray at times when the sun was either rising or setting... maybe someone can explain it to me??? Maybe the call for Maghrib is done while the sun is setting?)
Old 28-03-2016, 06:24 PM
Master
The Hijab

I will start by saying. I am a woman. (for what ever reason I am frequently mistaken as a man in an online setting)

Certainly covering up is not optional in all societies. But if you are from a Western society, like I am, it is a choice.

Some of you may be familiar with some of my other rantings on here about how we live in an over sexualized society. Not something I am overly fond of... So naturally, I love the idea that there is beauty in modesty. A concept I hope to instill in my own daughter.