Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 09-08-2017, 08:49 PM
Knower

Question Heard a Mans Voice...

Last night I was meditating before bed.

I started with some deep breathing exercises and went from there.

I got to a point that I am accustomed to when I can see images appear and disappear. That's normal for me.

BUT

What I didn't expect was to hear a mans voice, kind of rough and deep but not aggressive, just stern. I heard the voice say a few things but as soon as it was said it was as if I couldn't recollect what it said.

The only thing I could really make out was when it said "I'm trying to get your attention."

It was so clear. Like it was right there in my ear.

During the meditation I felt a buzzing on my right thumb.

I guess I'm just wondering what this was. Did I hear a spirit or could it have been something else?
Old 09-08-2017, 09:40 PM
Pathfinder
I believe you heard your other self in a moment of clarity. I hit clarity all the time and converse with my other self. Sometimes the clarity causes one of my toes to pulse or tingle and I've had similar feelings in my thumbs/hands.

It's a tricky thing clarity. You and other you start communicating and things get a little weird when you zig and he zags. I find it necessary to start over at that point or hold off until conditions are better later.

Take care

GG
Old 10-08-2017, 02:46 AM
Knower

What do you mean my "other self?"

Like, alter ego? Higher self?

?
Old 10-08-2017, 02:59 AM
Pathfinder
Your higher frequency self.. other you... the person you see and hear when you dream. Some people might call him a spirit guide or an angel.. I just call it the soul.

GG
Old 10-08-2017, 03:57 AM
Seeker

hey. :)
It's definitely very interesting and weird...
do you thing i was talking to my higher self? or it could be an entity that decided to jump into my body and speak through me?
Is it channeling in sleep?

its really freaked me out.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by maaya2809
hey. :)
It's definitely very interesting and weird...
do you thing i was talking to my higher self? or it could be an entity that decided to jump into my body and speak through me?
Is it channeling in sleep?

its really freaked me out.

It really freaked me out too haha. But I would say that if it were an entity that "jumped into you" and spoke through you, the words would have come out of your mouth... I would think.

Also, for me, I wasn't asleep, I was awake meditating.

Since it happened I've focused less on what IT was and focused more on why a part of me is trying to get my own attention. I had a dream last night that I was going somewhere, it was dark, and I had to climb down a tree from my room, like I was sneaking out or something, and I was naked. Then as I was walking down the side walk and the cars started passing by with their headlights I started to feel ashamed and scared so I ran back to the tree to climb up to my room. I had a backpack on that was heavy and it was actually bringing the tree down. In order to climb up I had to let go of the heavy backpack.

For me the message is clear, the two things go together. My other self, or higher self, my soul, whatever you want to call it is telling me there is something weighing me down. And I guess you could say it's the fear I have of being my true self and the responsibilities I've taken upon myself that aren't necessarily my problems to deal with. And it's a big enough issue for my higher self to reach out and intervene.

Now I just need to figure out what it really means to let go.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:46 PM
Pathfinder
A very astute and honest insight in to yourself. Not everybody can get there.

If you ever want to see the whole thing. The light and everything that comes with it. I'm posting meditation steps in the forum to get there. Equal parts spirit/science and it works!

There's a Cosmic prize for the first person who can take the whole journey!

Travel well

GG
Old 10-08-2017, 09:38 PM
Seeker

hey CcolTons7.
i loved your interpretation and the way you look at the things.
This is definitely a interesting and clear message.
It's easy to say let go, but it's not always easy to do it .
you should really thing about what it means to you?

i love dreaming.. they are full of messages :)

Oh, I'm sorry, maybe I was not clear enough ... The voice came out of my mouth. I spoke, but the voice was the voice of an old man (I am a female)