Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-09-2017, 01:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi Necromancer,

Non-dual (Transcendent) precedes Creation of dual. Dual is a conditional aspect of Existence. The Transcendent is not dependent on the conditional, but the reverse is true. ("I pervade the entire Creation with a fragment of Myself, and yet I remain", etc.)

However, since All is One, any formal conditional differentiation of Self may realize Self because it essentially is That Self. This is why the physical is so significant - but especially a self-conscious human life is even more so.

“I” is the differentiated individual. “That” is the undifferentiated/Transcendent”. See previous

Yes, but those doing the praying are usually those who have not realized who they are. Therefore they are praying to a
‘form’-al representation of the 'ideal' (realized) status e.g., the fully conscious Self, as represented by ______________which they have not as yet realized as instruments, even though they are ‘That’ ideal in essence. Therefore praying to oneself, who has yet not realized Self, could be a bit confusing since ignorance justmight be present in the unrealized being as a means of cognition thereby creating the confusion of what constitutes 'self'. This is why there is yogic efficacy in so-called ideal forms/chosen ideal/nishtha, etc.

Brahman sez, because Brahman is. Since All is One how could it NOT be the case? Therefore form not only represents the formless, it IS essentially the formless. This is the basis of Realization.

Then you didn’t stop it.

Maybe you are not yet realized.

In the plant kingdom, a flower/blossom represents realization. In the human kingdom we have far less flowers, a notable rarity of blooms, but an increasing number of buds.

I suggest reading Sri Aurobindo's Synthesis of Yoga, and in particular, Part 2, “The Yoga of Integral Knowledge” which deals specifically with Jnana and non-dual issues; also many chapters in “The Life Divine” which is also recommended.

~ J
Thank you so much for that most wise and indepth reply.

So, to put it all in terms of reference I can grasp, Purusha is Purusha, Prakriti is Prakriti but Purusha + Prakriti is still Purusha.

I think it's just a case of my mind chasing its own tail in regards to bhakti and my own experiences.

I can fully get it from my own perspective of awareness, whether I am 'realised' or not, but trying to get it from an external awareness, or the philosophy outside of it, is where I become unstuck.

For example and in regards, I have experienced that state in which neither the "I" nor "Shiva" exists during intense Dhyan and there is no awareness of being whatsoever, there is only that feeling of unconditional love, peace and joy...but when I am not totally lost in that experience, Shiva still exists and what "I" am is just eclipsed by love for Shiva.

However, to one who is not a bhakti yogi, I cannot see how it relates whatsoever...but then again, I probably wasn't meant to.

That being said, thank you for those references and I shall get around to reading them at my earliest convenience.

Also, when I type in light blue, that is my 'Higher Self' coming through to explain things to me through me and so I am getting it now.