Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Energy Work

Old 03-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Knower
Sensory Deprivation?

So, I have a question. Is sensory deprivation considered a healing method? It seems like being deprived of all distractions, feelings, negative energy, etc by being immersed in 'nothing' might clear someone of negative energy or pain. it sounds like something that can work, does anyone have any stories or information about a spiritual healing connection there?

I'd like to try it sometime. I heard you can float out of your body or you meditate without even trying because you're just in a state of 'nothing'. I'm not sure that would freak me out or not, because in the world we're constantly surrounded by sounds, sights, tastes, sensations, and energy from electronics.
Old 07-07-2016, 03:35 PM
Master

maybe it could be relaxing for some but i wouldnt use it as a healing method as if anything it probably would scare many and I'd think also unground many. It isnt actually adding energy to the person, nor is it correcting energy imbalances.

so i wouldnt consider it to be a healing method. A person just having a sleep may be more healing then that.
Old 12-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Knower
Thanks for your answer, you do make a good point. I've heard of people slipping into mediation though, so I wondered if that had anything to do with healing, but yeah, it would unground yourself.
Old 26-07-2016, 01:07 AM
Experiencer
I haven't used a sensory deprivation tank before (or any other method of sensory deprivation aside from sitting/laying in silent darkness), but I have friends who have found it very helpful, and certainly healing in a lot of ways.

Meditation in itself is useful for assisting with healing physically/emotionally/etc. Sensory deprivation can aid that process, but I wouldn't say sensory deprivation alone is a healing method. Usually people do something else during sensory deprivation like meditation, breathing exercises, energy work, etc. If you're feeling particularly overloaded with stimuli, then it could certainly help you to relax mentally and physically, and that kind of relaxation does aid the healing process.

If you're concerned about not being grounded enough then maybe that's something to think about, but lots of healing/growth can take place in situations where you don't feel very grounded, and you always have the option of following that up with an activity meant to ground you again. Healing methods are different for everybody, if this one interests you I'd say go for it
Old 26-07-2016, 03:33 AM
Master

I think it can help someone focus and face themselves!
Old 27-07-2016, 12:33 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakoontay
Thanks for your answer, you do make a good point. I've heard of people slipping into mediation though, so I wondered if that had anything to do with healing, but yeah, it would unground yourself.

I wouldn't reccomend it, either. Based upon my own understanding, "nothingness" is not really a method of grasping anything for the purpose of sensory deprivation ... if you do that, your just moving from subtle to gross, not the other way around. The sensory organ which responds best to touch is the nose for the reason smell is a function of the earth element. The sensory organ which responds the worse to touch is the ears for the reason that hearing is the most subtle sense, and the body is gross.

However, there is a way of grasping "oneness." When the hands are joined in Namaskar (Prayer), that helps to create a circuit between the Ida and Pingala Nadis. But you have to be able to be patient with the understanding for the reason that many of the greater benefits of the understanding won't begin to occur to you until you begin to understand and explore certain things regarding the understanding.

The best form of sensory deprivation (nothingness) is to close the eyes. In doing that, your not grasping anything. Regarding your prior post, if your interested in learning more about the path, but you can't afford a teacher, Isha Archives is a great place to start for the reason most of the articles are written by a self-realized Master. In the beginning, your just trying to understand the simple things, and build on that, and this website cators to the interests of both beginners and advanced students.

Best of Wishes!!!
Old 29-07-2016, 12:13 PM
Knower
Another excellent swirling of good points that have been made. Thank you. I don't think anywhere near me does sensory deprivation, but I had been thinking it about it previously. But it almost does sound as if it would be the opposite of what I'd try to accomplish.
Old 29-07-2016, 05:17 PM
Master
"43.30 Questioner: You stated that the key to strengthening the will is concentration. Can you tell me the relative importance of the following aids to concentration? I have listed: silence, temperature control, comfort of body, screening as a Faraday cage would screen electromagnetic radiation, visible light screening, and a constant smell such as the use of incense for strengthening your concentration in meditation. In other words, an isolation-type of situation. You mentioned that this was one of the functions of the pyramid.
Ra: I am Ra. The analogies of body complex to mind and spirit complex activities have been discussed previously. You may consider all of these aforementioned aids as those helpful to the stimulation of that which in actuality aids concentration, that being the will of the entity. This free will may be focused at any object or goal.

43.31 Questioner: I was really trying to get at whether it would be of great importance to construct a better place for our meditations. We have distractions here of the types which I mentioned, and I know that it is our total free will as to whether we construct this or not, but I was just trying to get at the principles. For instance, the Faraday cage would be quite a big construction and I was wondering if it would be of any real value?
Ra: I am Ra. Without infringing upon free will we feel it possible to state that the Faraday cage and the isolation tank are gadgets.

The surrounding of self in a sylvan atmosphere, apart from distractions, in a place of working used for no other purpose, in which you and your associates agree to lay aside all goals but that of the meditative seeking of the Infinite Creator is, shall we say, not gadgetry but the making use of the creation of the Father in second-density love, and in the love and support of other-selves. Are there any brief queries before this working is at an end?"

http://www.lawofone.info/results.php?s=43#31