Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2013, 08:00 AM
heartsmart

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZechariahBenDovid
I'm working on a 30 volume version. I'll get back to you in 6 months to a year. ;-)

I wanna know you!
Old 02-05-2013, 10:45 AM
Master
"Kabbalah is a doctrine of esoteric knowledge concerning God and the universe.

Kabbalah stresses the reasons and understanding of the commandments...Technically speaking it explains laws of "light".

In the late Dr. Feynman's words: "By light we mean the entire electromagnetic spectrum, not just the very small portion described as visible light and accessible via the vision of our eyes.

When I say 'light' -- , I don't mean simply the light we can see, from red to blue. It turns out that visible light is just a part of a long scale that's analogous to a musical scale in which there are notes higher than you can hear and other notes lower than you can hear.
The scale of light can be described by numbers - called the frequency - and as the numbers get higher, the light goes from red to blue to violet to ultraviolet.

We can't see ultraviolet light, but it can affect photographic plates. It's still light - only the number is different. (We shouldn't be so provincial: what we can detect directly with our own instrument, the eye, isn't the only thing in the world!)
If we continue simply to change the number, we go out into X-rays, gamma rays, and so on. If we change the number in the other direction, we go from blue to red to infrared (heat) waves, then television waves, and radio waves.

"For me, all of that is 'light'"

Dr Feynman was Jewish, as was Einstein.

While the Kabbalah Center is controversial, their book about the Kabbalah,
"The Way", is very uplifting, enlightening, and refreshing.
You will be edified.

It might be found at your local Library.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Master
AWARENESS OF ALL THINGS

Among the things discussed in, "The Way" is that everything is aware... and as well, interconnected.

Think about it. All of the material world is founded on Light. (Frequency, Vibration, and Resonance.)

Physicist David Deutch in his book about the theory of everything, states how the definition of Life is about communicating information.
Which may include even the rock.
Recently, PBS just premiered the research on Plants, regarding how they act like animals, albeit in a slower timeframe and reference.

"Time" as we know since Einstein, the famous Jewish Physicist, is illusory.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Niebla0007

I read the Zohar/Torah - sure gives us the idea/the basis of Kabbalah.
However, I find it long, and out of it all,
I still had to find the proper instructions on how to meditate with the Tree of Life somewhere else. I can say I learned far more from other books about it at the library and the internet.
So, just seek what you are looking for. I think going to a synagoge and seeing a rabbi is a good idea, for experience.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:28 PM
heartsmart

I'm reading an introduction to the zohar right now.
Old 30-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Yamah

The Zohar is a book about the deeper levels of the Torah. Unless you know and understand the more superficial levels (Pshat, Remez, Drash) then Zohar will be impossible to fully comprehend.
Old 11-12-2013, 03:51 AM
Twitter patted

Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Um... I would strongly disagree with that statement; I don't think either things really deal with the question of 'why', at least not any more than the other. Judaism as a religious practice deals more with what happens in this world, Kabbalah deals more with what happens in the Higher Worlds / Next World... mostly.

Are you aware of a similar concept to twin soul/twin flame and /or kundalini type awakening in Jewish mysticism?

Raised Jewish, and having a very unusual experience to say the least :)

Have not been brave enough to dive in to studying Kabbalah.....yet
Old 11-12-2013, 05:08 AM
Yamah

Twin Soul - The concept is originally Jewish, starting from the story of Adam and Eve. God initially created Man, then split man in two. The actual translation isn't 'God took a rib of Adam to make Eve' but 'God took on half of Adam and turned it into Eve'.

Even though polygamy is technically allowed according to Jewish law it is strongly discouraged; it is also worth noting that all the primary figures in the stories of the Torah have one wife (with the exception of Jacob, but he only wanted one).

In short what Kabalah says about twin souls is that until a man gets married, he is only literally half a man.

Kundalini Type Awakening - I have seen mention of things that could be hinting to this kind of thing, but it's not taught in any primary text; and with good reason. Kundalini awakening is DANGEROUS and ILL ADVISED, especially on one's own and before one is ready. I'm sure it exists in some form in the 'inner circle' and certain stories of ancient Rabbis only make sense when assumed they have been KA'ed.
Old 11-12-2013, 05:43 AM
Twitter patted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Twin Soul - The concept is originally Jewish, starting from the story of Adam and Eve. God initially created Man, then split man in two. The actual translation isn't 'God took a rib of Adam to make Eve' but 'God took on half of Adam and turned it into Eve'.

Even though polygamy is technically allowed according to Jewish law it is strongly discouraged; it is also worth noting that all the primary figures in the stories of the Torah have one wife (with the exception of Jacob, but he only wanted one).

In short what Kabalah says about twin souls is that until a man gets married, he is only literally half a man.

Kundalini Type Awakening - I have seen mention of things that could be hinting to this kind of thing, but it's not taught in any primary text; and with good reason. Kundalini awakening is DANGEROUS and ILL ADVISED, especially on one's own and before one is ready. I'm sure it exists in some form in the 'inner circle' and certain stories of ancient Rabbis only make sense when assumed they have been KA'ed.

Thank you for your response. Very helpful! I had not heard of the concept of TS or of kundalini prior to experiencing it. The kundalini was triggered by the TS experience. Currently a Hatha yoga guru is teaching me how to manage the energy so to speak. Do you have any suggested reading? It all started when I made a conscious decision to live my authentic life.
Old 11-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Yamah

I also made that decision. I came from a very new age perspective back to Judaism.

The book that started my journey back is called 'God is a Verb' by David A. Cooper. I basically found it to be a bridge between New Age and Judaism, helping me to understand that everything I connected to out in the world was also found within our tradition.

If you REALLY want to live an authentic life I highly recommend Mesilat Yesharim 'The Path of the Just' by Rabbi Moshe Chaim Luzzatto. It's basically a book on how to become a good person, written by probably the most renowned Kabbalist of the last thousand years. Even though no Kabalah is directly taught in that book it is known to be the Ramchal's deepest work.

Another great one is 'Letters from a Buddhist Jew' or something like that, by Rabbi Akiva Tatz and David Gottlieb. It's a collection of the correspondences between Rabbi Tatz, who is an orthodox Jew, and David Gottlieb, who is a BuJew. Very interesting conversations.

May you find success on your path and feel free to hit me up with any more questions.
Closed Thread