Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 14-01-2012, 11:11 PM
AngelicOrin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Thank you AngelicOrin for your wonderful post.

No problem.
Old 14-01-2012, 11:42 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
Maybe I am wrong, but I suspect that you would offended if a post similar to yours above were to be posted on Islam sub-forum with Muslims substituted for Jews.

you are correct Peter, but when a post is made as you stated it should be read and a comment can be made. That is the best thing about this type of forum. It is my opinion that people should be able to defend their belief. There are many people on this forum who will challenge other peoples faith/comments and that is a good thing.

Maybe the issue here is more about how the post question was written. It seems to invite Muslims to comment on Jews and that may not be what was intended. Sorry for offending you. The Torah, the Gospel, and the Qur'an are all very precious to me.

mj
Old 16-01-2012, 07:04 AM
Yamah

Matthew,

I have already answered this thread twice and both of my responses make the identical point which I believe is a response to all the 'questions' asked herein, including your post. It should be noted that nobody responded to my post either.

If you would like I will repeat it again, this time bluntly.

Muhammad was a false prophet. The Quran is a false book. There is no evidence to the contrary and thus no reason to believe otherwise.

Keeping this in mind, nothing you can say about the Quran matters because this initial point hasn't been transgressed. I know that you believe otherwise, most likely (as most intellectual muslims) because you have seen the 'proofs of divine knowledge' from the Quran (all of which are weak). I know that nothing I can say will convince you that your Quran is false and nothing you can say will prove to us that the Quran is true... so all continuing this conversation will do is create feelings of either frustration (if you're a good person) or arrogance (if you're a bad person) which will only contribute to the animosity between Jews and Muslims.
Old 16-01-2012, 03:13 PM
Ascender
Thank you Yamah. but imo we do not need to agree on everything, because if God wanted us to agree on everything we would.

mj
Old 16-01-2012, 06:55 PM
Experiencer
AO -

Thank you for your post, especially your final point.

As has been pointed out before, Judaism teaches that the righteous of all nations have a share in what is referred to as עולם הבא, olam ha-ba, the world to come. As such, it is not my practice to bash other religions and/or their adherents although obviously I have differences with them else I would be a Hindu, a Buddhist, a Christian, a Wiccan or whatever. I try to accentuate the things that unite us, rather than the things that divide us.

----------------------------------

Mathew -

If the question initiating this thread had been posted on the Islam sub-forum I would agree that the poster was seeking a response primarily from a Muslim perspective. As it was posted on the Judaism sub-forum I suspect that the poster was seeking primarily Jewish perspectives as to why Jews do not accept Muhammad as a prophet and the Qu'ran as sacred scripture.

This, of course, does not mean that a Muslim response was prohibited, but your response was unnecessarily harsh and provocative which resulted in Yamah's equally provocative and harsh response. There has to be a better way.

---------------------------
Slave of Allah -

While I appreciate your passion for Islam, as I told you when you p.m.ed sometime ago, I do not appreciate your attempts to proselytize. I am not, nor are the other Jews on this forum, spiritual reclamation projects. I understand that you believe that you are acting out of good will and concern, but the truth is that you are displaying a spiritual arrogance in deciding what you believe is my relationship, and the relationship of other Jews, to G-d.

You do not seem to understand that although there are Jews who have become Muslims, there are Muslims who have become Jews - just as there are Jews who have come Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans etc. and there are Christians, Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans etc. who have become Jews. There have always been people who convert from one thing to another.

B'shalom,

Peter
Old 16-01-2012, 09:27 PM
slave of Allaah

Peter -
I never make it personal. I am speaking generally.
May your relationship with God get stronger. I don't want to cut it off.

It is kind of you to answer this Q:
What is the result of disobeying/refusing the messengers of God?

Now your answer is not a decision you make against people. yes?
Old 16-01-2012, 11:17 PM
Ascender
well said Rabbi0

mj
Old 17-01-2012, 06:15 AM
slave of Allaah

Verily! Those who believed and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (62) [Quran:Ch2]

This is just to cool down, but the details will come later on.

I don't want Satan to reveal in your heart dear jewish brothers that God is against you while you are good with Him.
Old 17-01-2012, 06:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by slave of Allaah

Verily! Those who believed and those who are Jews and Christians, and Sabians, whoever believes in Allâh and the Last Day and do righteous good deeds shall have their reward with their Lord, on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve. (62) [Quran:Ch2]

Interesting verse, do all Muslims hold true to this verse, just wondering, thanks.
Old 17-01-2012, 07:52 AM
slave of Allaah

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Interesting verse, do all Muslims hold true to this verse, just wondering, thanks.
Hi psychoslice,

I don't know.

I added a comment in the previous post, I hope you see it again.