Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 30-09-2019, 01:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

“The heart is another name for consciousness, for "I am that I am." I-am is the first name of God. God is consciousness. I-am is consciousness, and you are that.”

Robert Adams ***
and another nice expression.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-10-2019, 01:37 AM
Master

The Void

“To the average person the I begins to become stronger and stronger when you wake up in the morning. It emerges from your spiritual center and heads up your spine to your brain, where you become cognizant of the world. But for the spiritual aspirant who practices self-inquiry, you begin to watch the I doing this. You abide in the I. As you begin to abide in the I, it will reverse it's course and head back to the center. When it heads back to the center, it will rest on the circumference of the center. That is as far as you can go by yourself. You will be in an effortless thought-free state. You will be in the void, as it tells you in Buddhism.

Yet most Buddhists think the void is self-realization. That's a mistake. The void is when your I is resting on the circumference of your heart center. When that happens you've come a long way. You are a mature disciple. Yet the Self has to pull the I inside the heart. Then you become liberated. This is very rarely done by the self or by yourself. I'm speaking of the small self. Only in a very few, will the I go directly into the heart center and be extinguished.”

Robert Adams

Old 01-10-2019, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
And I am speaking of the 'small' self NOT being extinguished, but attaining what Jesus spoke of 'eternal' life by way of expanding its sense of its 'own' 'i'dentity; to include everyone and everything (including its 'own' 'self').

Wishing 'you' a 'happy' extinguishment, since that appears to be what 'you' most desire, Unseeker.

A fair statement, applicable after delusion is extinguished

Old 01-10-2019, 11:42 AM
Do not allow the news to...confound you and confuse you....
After all, it's the same as seeing a movie.

- Robert

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 01-10-2019 at 05:18 PM.
Old 01-10-2019, 04:59 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Do not allow the news...confound you and confuse you....
After all, it's the same as seeing a movie.

- Robert
FUNNY BUT SO TRUE!

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 01-10-2019, 05:06 PM
Master

From Song of the Avadhut

“Since I am not the first three states of mind, how could I be the fourth (samadhi)?
Since I am not any of the three kinds of time, how could I be a fourth?
I’m the root of serenity, the primal serenity;
I’m the absolute Reality.
I’m nectarean knowledge, unchanging bliss;
I’m everywhere, like space”

“Why do you weep and moan, my friend? There’s no old age or death for you.
Why do you weep and moan, my friend? There’s no pain of birth for you.
Why do you weep and moan, my friend? You can’t be touched at all.
I’m nectarean knowledge, unchanging bliss; I’m everywhere, like space”

Old 01-10-2019, 05:22 PM
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
FUNNY BUT SO TRUE!
Oh, maybe we should start a thread on this being a 'movie'....a dream....illusion...
completely not what it appears to be....all
of us actors on a stage...unreal...we are not us...matter is not matter...
there is no you and there is no me!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-10-2019, 08:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Talk about POOF!

Your 'God' created this no you and no me story for "let's see if they can escape this trap" movie-entertainment. Some 'God'!
TYPICAL OPTIMIST

Old 02-10-2019, 02:37 AM
Master

“Stop identifying with your Body And Mind!”

Robert Adams

Old 02-10-2019, 08:37 AM
Master

“if you begin the self-inquiry process and you ask, "Who am I? Who am I? Who am I?" Three times and then you wait and ask a few times again and then you wait. And when the thoughts come to you use the number three again and you ask, "To whom do these thoughts come? To whom do these thoughts come? To whom do these thoughts come?" I somehow feel if you try that it will be more effective. The only thing that you're trying to do is to stop your mind from thinking.

You are not trying to become self-realized through self-inquiry. For you are already self-realized. Self-inquiry is to still the mind. When the mind becomes still everything takes care of itself. Remember this. You are not using self-inquiry to awaken. If you do you will never awaken. For you are using a method to become something you already are. Have no attitude when you practice self-inquiry. Have no desire, no need.

In other words do not think I have to get enlightened before I die because I don't want to come back. That is the worst thing you can do. For you are believing deeply, aren't you? That you are the mind and the body. Because you're saying intensely to yourself, "I have to become enlightened." And as you know by now, your personal I can never become enlightened because it doesn't exist. So you're working under an illusion when you say, "I've got to become enlightened before I leave my body."

Rather do the procedure. Follow the principles as outlined. Have no want, no desire, no request, nothing. You have to realize again there is no birth and no death for the Self. There is no one who ever dies, no one who is ever born. When you say, "I have to get enlightened before I die," you have everything backwards. You're believing something has to happen before you leave your body. But the happening has already happened. All you are trying to do is quieten your mind so that you can see it. Can you see that?

You are just trying to quiet your mind. You're not trying to get enlightened. You are not trying to awaken. You are not trying to become liberated. You already are. You think you're something else than that. So you practice self-inquiry which is the fastest way to wake up because you think you have to wake up.

But imagine if you didn't believe you had to wake up. You did not have that belief. Would you have to do anything? Of course not. Does God have to do anything to know he's God? Of course not.”

Robert Adams

Last edited by Unseeking Seeker : 03-10-2019 at 03:09 AM.