Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 22-05-2012, 07:44 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
Non Proximal hearing is very common during the Theta state of brain frequency. A number of theory's surround this phenomena.

Theta is a low brain frequency in which REM dream takes place... You will note that dreams seem very real. It is as though ones awareness consciousness is far removed from the head resting on the pillow.

To get to sleep properly..The timeless black void of sleep...Delta frequency it is usual to to pass through Theta in departing Alpha Frequency(restful wakefulness... So in a sense you do traverse these frequencies from deep sleep to total awake and alert Beta.

Interestingly (To me anyway) Mediums..Meditators and Astral Projectee's occupy the Theta state during those activities that they practice.

Other examples of Non proximal hearing that have happened to me while dropping off to sleep. My name being called, Loud knocking,Music, Crashing noises.

I concluse all of this to be normal, further and more excitingly for me are the accomponying visuals (seeing behind closed eyes) that will start to occur. Now this is the part that a lot of people find difficult.

Once you focus it's gone... caput...disappeared.. Because you bring your attention Alphe, even Beta to bear upon Theta ..You are switching brain frequency and moving away from the subject matter of Theta where you are required to nothing more than passively observe...

Anyway...It's a really interesting subject and I could go on and on about this area of interest but I'd bore the pants off most of you.. So heres a small illustrative readme.

Beta Brain Waves (13-30 cycles per second). The fastest, representing the most intense state of alertness. The result of heightened mental activity. Maximum mind power. All five external senses, logical mind, memory from the five senses & logical thinking.

Alpha Brain Waves (8 to 12 cycles per second) This brain wave indicates a relaxed state of mind.. State of relaxed alertness, good for inspiration and learning facts fast. A meditative mind. In this state tap into internal “antenna” like qualities. Visions, powerful ideas, mindless creation of the incredible. Internal feeling & sensations.

Theta Brain Waves (4 to 8 cycles per second) Deep meditation. Deep inward thought. This is associated with life-like imagination. High state of mental concentration. A magical mind. Internal pictures / visualisation. Intuition, inner guidance. Access to unconscious material. Dreaming.

Delta Brain Waves (0.5 to 4 cycles per second) Deep dreamless sleep. Deep relaxation. State of oneness, whole body feeling. Pure being & will.

Note that the lowest range of delta is 0.5 hz and that No Brain activity is 0. This provides a very comforting view of what life is like after physical death may actually be like.. A very deep perpetual sleep. Which should provide some solace to those who have no faith that an afterlife exists...

Sorry bout that; I’ve been a little preoccupied lately. I usually try and reply to most; especially one who put so much into a response. Thank you for your input and fully agree with this! I’ve always been fascinated with the brain and the frequency levels we experience during a sleep cycle. To me the Thata State has always been the most fascinating. We slip in and out of this state even throughout the day just watching TV, reading a book, even driving a car; or in my case getting up at 2 in the morning and hearing a woman singing in my cornflakes.

Thank you for your insight and apologize for my delayed response, that was a bit rude of me.

Greg
Old 22-05-2012, 07:17 PM
myonewish

Does anyone ever hear their name being called out...sometimes before you drift off to sleep? Is this the same thing, or I wonder what that means.
Old 22-05-2012, 08:47 PM
Neville

Yes I have on occasion heared my name called when dozing off from a non proximal voice. I assume that as Theta brain sate is the state mediums use and the state where dreams and OOBE's take place , that in this state our consciousness not only expands but travels too.

Our Brains serving as both transmitters and receivers.
Old 22-05-2012, 10:39 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by myonewish
Does anyone ever hear their name being called out...sometimes before you drift off to sleep? Is this the same thing, or I wonder what that means.

Yes, I have heard my name being called numerous times throughout my life while laying in bed trying to fall asleep. However, it's terrified me every time. Every time I've heard my name it sounds so evil, it's deep, scratchy, loud, and almost demonic sounding. It paralyzes me in fear for a moment and it's so loud it makes me jump because it feels like it was right by my ear and it fills my head up with the sound because it's so loud.

I've always wondered what it is/who and why it happens to me. I never knew of anyone else to experience it,people look at me like I'm crazy when I bring it up.
Old 22-05-2012, 11:01 PM
Gr4ssh0pp3r

Quote:
Our Brains serving as both transmitters and receivers.

See that antenna at the top?

Old 23-05-2012, 06:10 AM
Neville

Quote:
See that antenna at the top?
Yes in some doctrines and beliefs at has been suggested that the crown chakra serves as a portal.

My research suggests it may be the Pineal gland that fascilitates "getting out of ones physical self" or rather a combination of the effects of the micro calcite crystals therein and naturally occuring brain chemicals and bio electrics.

Please see the following thread for further details; Post 4 ,where full details are provided of the processes I believe take place during consciousness travel and expansion.

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=19413
Old 23-05-2012, 08:03 AM
GregoryScott

Fascinating read Neville! Thanks for the link. Years ago I fell very ill. It was around 2 or 3 in the morning, I get up from my couch where I was sleeping at the time. I find my way to the restroom and as I finish I turn to look in the mirror, and instead of seeing my own reflection I witness a tunnel open right before my eyes. I won’t go into detail only because I have spoken of this before in another thread. But the thing is I have always wondered if this was a chemical, physical or a spiritual experience… The actual occurrence lasted around 10 seconds. I do remember I could see this tunnel with my eyes open and just as clear with them closed.

Greg
Old 23-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Neville

Hello Gregory,

I recently submitted a small response to the de calcification of the pineal gland thread. Within the Pineal Gland and in addition to my above commentary and bearing in mind that micro calcite crystals have been noted as present within the Pineal... I embarked, with quiet some help.. from Bilko (another member here) to reverse engineer the Pineal gland to try and find out whats going on. I still have not got all the i's dotted and t's crossed yet sadly.. However.. I note that many myself included feel drawn to crystals and while doing some work in researching Cathedral Quartz I managed to get into the realms once again of inter dimensional travel.

It gets really interesting about 5 mins in.. It is well worth your time to watch these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdCmipeoGyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-fTznfpJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuS6ACYKps&feature=relmfu

Whilst I fully understand that the Cathedral Quartz used in the experiment is not the same as the Micro calcite crystals within the Pineal. It is interesting to speculate...and speculation is sadly what it is....the efeects of our very own bio neurological electrical impulses as neurons fire up etc on the calcite crystals within the pineal gland.

If the effect is the same or similar, I believe we can go quiet some way towards explaining how we can dream, how we can Astrally project,Access the collective consciousness, be in touch with creation as a whole by dint of being just a small part of it. How we can have near death and indeed death experiences.

I fully understand that I am possibly suggesting that we are in fact multi dimensional beings and further still..That the physical part of our existence is just the tip of an infinite ice berg...

I do hope that this is not all a bit too science fiction and far out for folks.

Still it woud'nt be the first time I'd made a fool of myself
Old 24-05-2012, 10:30 AM
GregoryScott

Quote:
Hello Gregory,

I recently submitted a small response to the de calcification of the pineal gland thread. Within the Pineal Gland and in addition to my above commentary and bearing in mind that micro calcite crystals have been noted as present within the Pineal... I embarked, with quiet some help.. from Bilko (another member here) to reverse engineer the Pineal gland to try and find out whats going on. I still have not got all the i's dotted and t's crossed yet sadly.. However.. I note that many myself included feel drawn to crystals and while doing some work in researching Cathedral Quartz I managed to get into the realms once again of inter dimensional travel.

It gets really interesting about 5 mins in.. It is well worth your time to watch these.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdCmipeoGyg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xx-fTznfpJE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiuS6ACYKps&feature=relmfu

Whilst I fully understand that the Cathedral Quartz used in the experiment is not the same as the Micro calcite crystals within the Pineal. It is interesting to speculate...and speculation is sadly what it is....the efeects of our very own bio neurological electrical impulses as neurons fire up etc on the calcite crystals within the pineal gland.

If the effect is the same or similar, I believe we can go quiet some way towards explaining how we can dream, how we can Astrally project,Access the collective consciousness, be in touch with creation as a whole by dint of being just a small part of it. How we can have near death and indeed death experiences.

I fully understand that I am possibly suggesting that we are in fact multi dimensional beings and further still..That the physical part of our existence is just the tip of an infinite ice berg...

I do hope that this is not all a bit too science fiction and far out for folks.

Still it woud'nt be the first time I'd made a fool of myself

First of all, it’s refreshing to hear that this is being taking seriously. When I was much younger all I wanted to do and all I could think about was bridging the gap between science and spirit. Unfortunately the paths I choose lead me away from this course. This is not foolish in any way!

These findings are unbelievable… I believe just about everyone hear is drawn to crystals for some reason or another; I imagine this is why. I had a dream about a year ago that I also posted about the energy centers within the body. The dream was very detailed and quite beautiful. I was shown all the major chakras within the body and when the center was activated it opened what looked like a wormhole/portal just above the head, and once it activated the body was in perfect harmony. This dream reminded of the portal above the crystal. I’m not suggesting they are the same, it’s just an observation.

I’m not a scientist but it does seem your theories may coincide with their findings and that you may defiantly be on to something. I’m going to watch these videos a few more times just to make sure I understood them correctly. Thanks for the links Neville.

Greg
Old 25-05-2012, 06:15 AM
Neville

Quote:
These findings are unbelievable

They stretch credulity to the extremes in my view.. My initial response was. I have never seen such fake nonesense in all my life..

Imagine a Crystal providing a link to any time and and any space...

Then I looked at silicates like quartz a little more closely wondering about how "virtual" (though some see them as alternative) realities are accessed every day using a very high grade quartz, viz a viz Liquid Crystal Displays or LCDs as we call them.. Silicon chips and micro processors all using Quartz to take ones awareness away from the physical body.

When i thought of the properties of crystal in this way. I found i could not be 100% dismissive of the eperiments shown in the videos above.

Anyway .. where was I ?

Micro calcite Crystals in the Pineal. Possible

Melatonin with a dribble of our very own DMT equivalent secretions. Also Possible

Brain frequency alteration to extend our receptivity(picking up other stations)....Opening to Channel. Possible too.

I cannot say which one exclusively is responsible for our dreams, Out of Body Experiences, Non Proximal Hearing, Channeling.

Like as not, I suspect a combination of all them in varying degrees is responsible