Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 26-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Gem - yes that is my understanding of the uncertainly principle too. Somehow, somewhere along the line I also thought it entailed/is affected by the observer...

they always get mixed up. the observer effect is when an detecting instrument changes the state of a particle being observed from particle behaviour to wave behaviour.

the light may be behaving as a wave would, so a detector is place to see a single photon go through two slits, however the detector changed the behavour of the photon, and it acted like a particle instead.

Quote:
the other aspect of the particle principle is the wave particle duality. a particle is both a wave and a corpuscle

Yea... it was in experiments designed to clarify that, they stumbled upon the observer effect.

curiouser and curiouser...

Quote:
Forests
Quote:
- hand up. I admit I was one of the many with this common misunderstanding. (How the hell did this all start I wonder?) Anyway, I stand corrected and bow to your more accurate knowledge! I apologise for thinking I knew more than yourself on this matter. I'm interested in the truth (and have a small ego) so have no trouble with being humble here. Just glad to get an accurate picture of what is the case.

Shabby - a couple of thoughts on your experience:-
- what were you thinking/feeling before you noticed the moving cement? (Could it be significant?)
- could it be a vivid visualisation in line with your current thought/feeling?
Old 26-02-2012, 01:14 PM
DulcePoetica

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Yes it is. First you need to understand the nature of this quantum realm of reality. This link may help you with that.
http://www.kryon.com/k_channel11_edmonton.html

Not sure if its in simple English for you, but it is the answer you seek.

John
Thank you so much for this, John!
Old 26-02-2012, 01:38 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Who said, "Anyone who thinks they completely understand quantum physics doesn't." ?

We can get some simple concepts from that quantum science, and some of them are useful for understanding the link between subatomic particles, waves and consciousness.

Xan

It was Niels Bohr, and this is the exact quote
"For those who are not shocked when they first come across quantum theory cannot possibly have understood it."

CS
Old 26-02-2012, 01:52 PM
CuriousSnowflake

Quote:
Originally Posted by forests
Sorry but this is a typical new age flawed understanding of QM, however dont worry you are not alone here, and mainstream physicists have pointed out the problem with new age or spiritual interpretation of physics just search online for this. QM is not influenced by the mind. You appear to misunderstand the Uncertainty Principle or you are unaware that it doesn't refer to a conscious observer, that is a typical misunderstanding.

If mind has no influence on the world, explain how double-slit experiments affect the wave/particle nature of light.

CS
Old 26-02-2012, 01:53 PM
amy green

Gem - thanks for clarifying where the "observer effect" misunderstanding originated. Why didn't they just call it the instrument effect?!
Old 26-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
[/color]

they always get mixed up. the observer effect is when an detecting instrument changes the state of a particle being observed from particle behaviour to wave behaviour.

the light may be behaving as a wave would, so a detector is place to see a single photon go through two slits, however the detector changed the behavour of the photon, and it acted like a particle instead.

Yea... it was in experiments designed to clarify that, they stumbled upon the observer effect.

curiouser and curiouser...

[color=darkgreen]
[b]

Hey Gem! No matter what changed.....something changed due to changing who observed it. Right?
Old 26-02-2012, 11:49 PM
Master
Here's a nice overview from Discover mag on the quantum theory of reverse causality. Or, the future influencing the past.

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/apr...rom-the-future

I'm not sure if anything quantum explains what Shabby experienced, but it's certainly a possibility...

Then again, if it was just a visual distortion...
-- it may have been a hallucination, yes...or
-- it may have been an isolated geological incident
but
if it wasn't a hallucination....and there were no geological happenings(norumblings of earthquake, no sinkhole)

...then let's not forget, there is a still whole collection of MIB related stories and the like. With various types of technology for concealment and so forth.

curiouser and curiouser is right.
;)

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 27-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Gem - thanks for clarifying where the "observer effect" misunderstanding originated. Why didn't they just call it the instrument effect?!

Thanks Amy and Gem for the link, but I did not get understand what I read. Could one of you clarify please?

So an instrument observed an experiment which changed the result? What kind of instrument was it? Something that recorded something?
Old 27-02-2012, 01:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
No matter what changed.....something changed due to changing who observed it. Right?

My thought about this is, even though it was initially an instrument that recorded the changed behavior of the particles and waves, a human observer observed that.

Xan

Old 27-02-2012, 01:46 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
My thought about this is, even though it was initially an instrument that recorded the changed behavior of the particles and waves, a human observer observed that.

Xan

Yes...that was what I was thinking too Xan.