Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 09-11-2014, 09:36 PM
Leonine

The threshold of receiving

Here's a strange one I'd like your help with, if you don't mind!

Why, when I'm on the threshold of "receiving" something I've wanted so badly for such a long time, do I suddenly back off and frequently decide I don't want it after all?

I've done this time and time again although, in the past, something has somehow pushed me on and I was later glad I didn't back out.

But, again, I'm on the threshold of "receiving" something I've wanted for a good while now.... and half hoping it all falls through asap.

Why?

Old 09-11-2014, 10:33 PM
Master
Comfort zone.

Change, i know i am resistant to change sometimes.

I am the same, sometimes maybe you just have to think..? stuff it.

Give me it!

I am no expert on this, these are just my observations.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Leonine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
Comfort zone.

Change, i know i am resistant to change sometimes.

I am the same, sometimes maybe you just have to think..? stuff it.

Give me it!

I am no expert on this, these are just my observations.

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, MIND POWER.

I would never have thought I was someone who wanted to live in any kind of Comfort Zone... until maybe now!

I actually completely dislike the Comfort Zone I might have sunk into for the past few years, which is why I've so avidly wanted this "thing" to help me out of it, back out into The Open, where I love to live and be.

But, yes. I might have become used to the devil I know and not be prepared to face the devil I don't, in accordance with the old saying.

Yes. "Stuff it". "Just give it to me".

Thank you for your very valid input here, MIND POWER.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonine

I think you've hit the nail on the head there, MIND POWER.

I would never have thought I was someone who wanted to live in any kind of Comfort Zone... until maybe now!

I actually completely dislike the Comfort Zone I might have sunk into for the past few years, which is why I've so avidly wanted this "thing" to help me out of it, back out into The Open, where I love to live and be.

But, yes. I might have become used to the devil I know and not be prepared to face the devil I don't, in accordance with the old saying.

Yes. "Stuff it". "Just give it to me".

Thank you for your very valid input here, MIND POWER.

Your Welcome....

Its not as if the "Comfort Zone is great ether" it can be a bad situation you have just gotten used to! or just a lifestyle....

I noticed something i said on here to somebody, when i claimed a reading on that section of the website..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrienne
for someone ..... do not chase your dreams for if you continue to do so ... your dreams will always be two steps in front of you ... CREATE your dreams, IMAGINE them into reality, and so they will BE !

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIND POWER
That's for me, i read this awhile ago actually but..? i did not want to acknowledge it. I am a competitor by nature and we are always chasing, that's what life is like for a athlete or anybody in business or in life.

But its the chase that keeps everyone going right..? sometimes when you reach the top, that's the saddest moment because you know its the end.

I think i will be forever chasing something, life would be boring if i was not chasing something!!!

Thanks Adrienne.

It's like i am just obsessed with chasing and never really getting there. Apart of me thinks all big goals must come the hard way, i have seen posts made by Miss Hepburn where she has said...

"There is more action in inaction".....Miss Hepburn.

And that things just come easily to her! just merely by expecting them.

I do like the daily grind and adventure of goals, but i do need to maybe stop being so hard on myself and CLAIM IT!...

Maybe you are also a person who is VERY hard on yourself.

For example, i never play the lottery because..

When i make a Million i want it to be more off my own back.

So i never play it, but deep down this is silly ideology.

I might play it in the future.
Old 10-11-2014, 04:15 AM
brightpup2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonine
Here's a strange one I'd like your help with, if you don't mind!

Why, when I'm on the threshold of "receiving" something I've wanted so badly for such a long time, do I suddenly back off and frequently decide I don't want it after all?

I've done this time and time again although, in the past, something has somehow pushed me on and I was later glad I didn't back out.

But, again, I'm on the threshold of "receiving" something I've wanted for a good while now.... and half hoping it all falls through asap.

Why?

---------------------------
Well you must not fear the unknown you must embrace your destiny and open your heart and mind.
Old 10-11-2014, 06:40 PM
Leonine

Lots of sense and touchstones again, MIND POWER.

The Comfort Zone (especially as it has been for the past decade) has little of "comfort" to it; and an air of "always being this way until the end". There seems to be nothing on offer any more - no opportunities, no changes, no relief. And, yet, after reading your posts and thinking about things, I DO think I'm sort of clinging to this horrible lifestyle just because I know it and have learned to cope with it.

I, too, was an "athlete". A professional horsewoman most of my life; coupled with a training swimmer daily (I used to race for my town and county) and a hockey player in earlier times (playing for school and county).

BUT ... ... I don't like the chase! I quite like things very easy and handed to me on a plate if I can get that. It's not that I'm lazy. I think it's just being part of the "horse world" without money is a futile existence: neither rider or horse is going anywhere without finances! Just not.

AND in these past couple of days I think I've uncovered a VERY deep (until now unseen or unacknowledged) belief that "money just can't come easily". That it has to be slogged for. That it's scarce and doesn't "grow on trees" or come out of "thin air". Although I don't "believe" any of those statements, it seems that my "belief" might be very superficial and that, really, the training I had about finances and the scarcity of such has gone very deep indeed.

Coupled with this are some "bad experiences" that happened along the way that might have caused fear (as brightpup2 suggests) and an expectation for things to go wrong and badly AGAIN! There is almost some kind of subconscious "safety" in thinking the worst because it saves you "falling" from a greater height than the lower reaches.

I need to work on this - or my life is just the grey tunnel to the hole at the end.

Some really good stuff there, MIND POWER and brightpup2. Plenty for me to think about and get to work on.

Thank you both.
Old 11-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Leonine

Well, I backed out at the eleventh hour.

I just couldn't find the "nerve" to take what was "on offer" because of what might come next. I need to work on this before I will ever move forward from what went on in times gone by, or nothing will ever change.

Clinging to the "Comfort Zone" and fear need to GO!

Old 03-02-2015, 01:45 AM
Leonine

@ MIND POWER in particular!

I would like you to have a look at my avatar, which will be up for a short time to come - because that is what the FUSS was all about!

I was a professional horsewoman for over 40 years, but I have not ridden at all for about 13 years after my beloved horse had to be put down due to colic. He was only 9.5 years old at the time, and I had owned him from 4 weeks old. I was gutted at the time and completely walked away from horses. I haven't even touched once since.

And then along came this lovely young mare... and all the Inner Drama began. I wanted her... but she was unbroken.... and it had been so long... could I still?... what if she was a KILLER with long teeth and nails (okay, that is an exaggeration).

So I wanted her - then fear and doubt got the better of me, so I didn't want her after all; but then I did really want her... but then not really; but yes, but no; but do, but don't.....

Anyway, I finally put my spine back in my body and she will be with me within the next two weeks. Just give it me! (To quote you).
Old 03-02-2015, 01:56 PM
Master
Very nice.

Leonine, I think you should go with your intuition from now on. Go with what you feel and instincts tell you, because remember those kind of feelings/intentions come from a higher intelligent and multiple perceptions. Where as the small concious mind, which usually debates with you when you feel you want to do something...

"Ohh but can you do it?"

"Have you got the money?"

"Show me a step by step research proposal of how you will achieve this"..

These are the stupid ways the so called academic mind battles with us, and this is the kind of critically thinking that the education system focuses on in order to make people less intuitive, and unable to laterally think and be innovative.

(It basically makes people like sheep/ants, who think they are doing what they really want but their not really)

Most people ignore their intuition, and favour the mind prison of left brain thinking. Which see's things from a very very small perspective, and it can't do much thinking for itself. But most people are locked into this mode of thinking, and its not by accident its by design. That's why most people are drawn to mavericks or people that kind of stand out, because they are missing that within themselves.

I too need to listen to my intuition more, and just go with it! Instead of having a internal battle with myself.

It happens to all of us, and its not by accident its by design. In order to keep us under control and good obedient workers in this society.
Old 03-02-2015, 02:59 PM
Everly

Or... Maybe it's your higher self or the Universe telling you that the thing you thought you wanted isn't the right thing for you after all.