Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-09-2011, 02:32 AM
Master
Thanks for posting this, illusion. I've been planning to post one of the hellish experiences that NDErs sometimes have, although it's only about 2%, and this is a clear perception of what's going then.

More from Mellon-Thomas Benedict:

I had a descent into what you might call hell, and it was very surprising. I did not see Satan or evil. My descent into hell was a descent into each person's customized human misery, ignorance, and darkness of not-knowing. It seemed like a miserable eternity.

But each of the millions of souls around me had a little star of light always available. But no one seemed to pay attention to it. They were so consumed with their own grief, trauma and misery. But, after what seemed an eternity, I started calling out to that light, like a child calling to a parent for help.

Then the light opened up and formed a tunnel that came right to me an insulated me from all that fear and pain. That is what hell really is.

`

Old 24-09-2011, 02:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by illusion
I sometimes feel a deep nostalgia and longing about that.

I sympathize with this so much. ...what an honor it is to simply be alive and breathing.

Then I go eat a piece of chocolate, and remind myself that there are some things you can't do when you're dead.

Yep... chocolate or sex or kittens...

For me it's only love that makes this world livable, so I go into my heart and find Home there.

Xan

Old 24-09-2011, 02:45 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Thanks for posting this, illusion. I've been planning to post one of the hellish experiences that NDErs sometimes have, although it's only about 2%, and this is a clear perception of what's going then.

More from Mellon-Thomas Benedict:

I had a descent into what you might call hell, and it was very surprising. I did not see Satan or evil. My descent into hell was a descent into each person's customized human misery, ignorance, and darkness of not-knowing. It seemed like a miserable eternity.

But each of the millions of souls around me had a little star of light always available. But no one seemed to pay attention to it. They were so consumed with their own grief, trauma and misery. But, after what seemed an eternity, I started calling out to that light, like a child calling to a parent for help.

Then the light opened up and formed a tunnel that came right to me an insulated me from all that fear and pain. That is what hell really is.

`

It`s in knowing the things as they are is what makes us a ZEN. Your parents Xan should have christened you Zenith or Zenaida.
Old 24-09-2011, 02:53 AM
Master
That's a sweet thought, rajakrsna...

Xan

Old 24-09-2011, 03:54 AM
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
That's a sweet thought, rajakrsna...

Xan

O CHRIST, BE RESURRECTED WITHIN US

by Paramahansa Yogananda

With great devotion envoke the spirit of Christ within you. Remember, you too have been crucified. Now you are risen in Christ. You have a new birth in his consciousness. Let every cell in your body be resurrected with Christ Consciousness. Let every thought in your mind be resurrected with Christ Consciousness. Let your soul be lifted and resurrected in Christ. Fill your mind with Christ-power and wisdom. Fill your soul with Christ-bliss. Fill your body with Christ-vitality. Fill your mind with Christ-intelligence.

Christ must be felt. I want you all with the utmost devotion, to feel his presence. Fill your entire body and brain with Chirst Consciousness. Fill your heart with Christ- bliss. Behold Christ Consciousness enveloping the hills and the stars. Behold Him in the devotion of all churches. Worship Christ with the spirit of Jesus. As the Christ Consciousness was manifested in the body of Jesus, may the Christ consciousness be manifested in us, resurrecting us from disease and ignorance.
Old 26-09-2011, 12:18 AM
Master
My Life's History Exploded into Consciousness

I was sitting in my parked car. My heart stopped beating. This happened with an intense sensation that started near my heart and rushed up my spine into my brain, where it appeared to continue out of the top of my head. It was a chaotic moment. I didn't know what had happened.

Out of this chaos came a deep state of tranquility; I experienced this incredibly intense and calm state of awareness. There was no drifting of consciousness as in the normal living state. It was an all-consuming state of awareness. I remember first becoming aware of how quiet everything had become, how incredibly quiet my reality had become.

I panicked for a moment, attempting to get up. I could not move any part of my body. I knew my heart had stopped beating and that I was dying. I understood immediately that I had no recourse but to experience my death.

My attention was drawn upward, out the top of my head into a tunnel of sort that had a bright light up in there. I could feel myself beginning to go into the tunnel.

My life's history exploded into my consciousness.
I thought I wasn't ready to go yet, I had more things to accomplish in this life, and I wanted another chance to do the things I needed to do. This light up in the tunnel turned into a lightning bolt that shot into my brain and down my spine into my heart, the most intense moment in my life.

My heart exploded with energy, beginning to beat again. The intense calm and quiet and the entire state of mind was gone with that flash of energy into my heart...
I had cardiovascular problems for quite a few years afterward, but I have rebuilt my cardiovascular health in the years since.

My experience is unique in my life's memories. Nothing in my life approaches that experience. It stands alone for what it was to me. Those thoughts about more to do in my life before I go have been with me every step of the way in all the years since. If I ever doubt the reason I am here doing what I do, I think of that moment.

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/549-lifes-history-exploded-into-consciousness.html

`

Old 26-09-2011, 12:41 AM
Master
All is Everything, Everything is One

I had a ruptured ectopic pregnancy. [During the surgery] I entered a dark channel, a corridor, a tunnel, a canal... I saw my entry into the world, one memory after another as distinct and as clear as if each were really happening. Most things were pleasant to see, some things made me very embarrassed.

In fact, revulsion and guilt took away any good feelings, making me so very sorry for certain things I had said or done. I hadn't just seen what I had done, but I felt and knew the repercussions of my actions. I felt the injury or pain of those who suffered because of my selfish or inappropriate behavior.... I was being pounded with the fears, pain, injuries, and anger I had caused in others, and the repercussions that had been passed on and on. I literally turned inside myself and as if going through a cleansing, turned outright again. These things were all behind me now, but I would know them and be with this knowledge.

I knew that all knowledge was in a structure with an enormous stairwell that went on forever up and to my left.... As I waited, I remembered what I had forgotten, which was everything. I was astonished at the simplicity of why, what, who, where...all of it. I knew it all. I remember thinking that it is so weird that we don't remember any of it on the other side.

I got excited to return, and thought how much I wanted to remember the knowledge, so I could explain it to others, ease fears of death, and inspire goodness. I thought... I would think of some words that perfectly described the knowledge in it's simplest form, and then remember the words. Then I'd associate the words and remember the knowledge. I came up with perfect words, "all is everything, everything is one".

http://iands.org/experiences/nde-accounts/543-all-is-everything-everything-is-one.html

`

Old 26-09-2011, 01:06 AM
Hi,
Just found this thread - since I think I have read every book and 100 NDE stories
and am an active member on an NDE Forum, plus read most books on reincarnation, past-life regressions, medium contacts with the Other Side, etc - to answer the topic question:
"What do we know about Death from Near Death Experiences?"

I'd say we could compare what we know from NDEs to knowing what a house is like by entering the foyer (and maybe peeking into the first room).
My opinion.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-09-2011, 01:11 AM
Master
Well... at least the foyer is entered.

I later wished I had named the thread "What do we know about Death and Live from Near Death Experiences?"

Xan

Old 26-09-2011, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Well... at least the foyer is entered.

Xan
You betcha! Imagine what could be beyond !
Wow!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru