Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 19-07-2019, 02:47 AM
Master
Met a spiritual being

I have been practicing with methods of intense devotion, mantra/sound manipulation techniques, in combination with physical postures and it has rewarded me with some very interesting experiences. It's like I've finally found a way to experience altered states of consciousness with ease but it's also fairly alarming.

So one experience in particular that I find alarming is recurring communication with a named being. It has a name, a personality, and what appears to be a higher form of consciousness. I hesitate to say it, but some kind of "god". Lower case god. Like another word for it might be angel, or something like that.

It just seems weird. Part of me is saying reject this experience, it's madness, and you shouldn't encourage madness lest it may spread. Another part of me is saying "gold mine! this is a valuable resource!"

So have any of you had an experience like this before?

Not just voices, which I would have no problem dismissing as madness. The experience I'm talking about is communication with an intelligence that appears to be far beyond your own capabilities, and is only reached through specific states of non-ordinary consciousness which may or may not be reached through rituals or practices.
Old 19-07-2019, 02:50 AM
Master
Yes.

I didn’t plan it. It was a spontaneous opening where I entered an altered reality for a lengthy period of time, to heal and expand my perceptions of non ordinary reality.
Old 19-07-2019, 02:57 AM
Master

Embrace, imbibe and assimilate what is given. With love.

Old 19-07-2019, 03:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
I have been practicing with methods of intense devotion, mantra/sound manipulation techniques, in combination with physical postures and it has rewarded me with some very interesting experiences. It's like I've finally found a way to experience altered states of consciousness with ease but it's also fairly alarming.

So one experience in particular that I find alarming is recurring communication with a named being. It has a name, a personality, and what appears to be a higher form of consciousness. I hesitate to say it, but some kind of "god". Lower case god. Like another word for it might be angel, or something like that.

It just seems weird. Part of me is saying reject this experience, it's madness, and you shouldn't encourage madness lest it may spread. Another part of me is saying "gold mine! this is a valuable resource!"

Not just voices, which I would have no problem dismissing as madness. The experience I'm talking about is communication with an intelligence that appears to be far beyond your own capabilities, and is only reached through specific states of non-ordinary consciousness which may or may not be reached through rituals or practices.
This is an amazing experience.

I am hesitant in typing these words because I know what I want to say, but not the best way to say it...

Do you feel happy and satisfied feeling this? or is there still a nagging feeling that you are after more? maybe GOD in the "capital letter" sense?

There are two ways that the Saints and Sages of old have approached meeting discarnate beings with diverse agendas... incorporation or ignorance.

That is, saying "thank you for your appearance, but I let you go with love" and the second is saying "leave me alone to meditate in peace"...both ways are called by Advaita Vedanta "neti neti" which means "not THIS...not THAT"...as in, there is always something more than what can be perceived through the senses and you must be prepared to call god's bluff... because many get stuck here, in the angelic or deva's astral playground...when Samadhi still awaits.

If one has negated the visions to attain self-realization, yet the vision still remains after the fact, smiling and holding up His right hand in blessings...then you know this is the "upper case" Divinity showing you His human form, even though He has never had one...which is kinda confusing, but I flow with it...so yes, I have experienced Darshan, but not for a long time.

Nice to see you back, avatar of Shiva...it has been a while...have you experienced the presence of Rudra lately? That was a more amazing experience IMHO.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=115451
Old 19-07-2019, 04:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar

I do that regularly. The communication isn't verbal. I formulate my question verbally, because I'm used to do it that way, but the reply comes instantaneously, often before I finish wording my question, and the reply comes as knowledge that pops directly into my mind. When it doesn't come immediately, then it never comes.

I achieve this through light self-hypnosis. Actually, I believe that most, maybe even all, methods of achieving altered states of consciousness are forms of self-hypnosis. Purposefully doing self-hypnosis dramatically reduces the time of getting into the proper state.

The "spiritual being" is a guide. He is specialized in giving guidance, and guides many other people. He does it all the time, but usually we aren't on reception.

He just does it. It isn't because of love, desire to help humans, or for any motivation. He knows, he shares that knowledge, you have the free will to use it or not, if you access it. He doesn't mind either way, and says that in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter. He is unemotional.

I use "he" because I perceive this guide more like a he, although at his level there is no gender differentiation, and no form differentiation. He says it is my imagination that creates something my understanding can handle.

I'd recommend everybody interested in achieving altered states of consciousness to try self-hypnosis, even if only just to supplement their other efforts.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
This is an amazing experience.

I am hesitant in typing these words because I know what I want to say, but not the best way to say it...

Do you feel happy and satisfied feeling this? or is there still a nagging feeling that you are after more? maybe GOD in the "capital letter" sense?

There are two ways that the Saints and Sages of old have approached meeting discarnate beings with diverse agendas... incorporation or ignorance.

That is, saying "thank you for your appearance, but I let you go with love" and the second is saying "leave me alone to meditate in peace"...both ways are called by Advaita Vedanta "neti neti" which means "not THIS...not THAT"...as in, there is always something more than what can be perceived through the senses and you must be prepared to call god's bluff... because many get stuck here, in the angelic or deva's astral playground...when Samadhi still awaits.

If one has negated the visions to attain self-realization, yet the vision still remains after the fact, smiling and holding up His right hand in blessings...then you know this is the "upper case" Divinity showing you His human form, even though He has never had one...which is kinda confusing, but I flow with it...so yes, I have experienced Darshan, but not for a long time.

Nice to see you back, avatar of Shiva...it has been a while...have you experienced the presence of Rudra lately? That was a more amazing experience IMHO.
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=115451

It feels like heavenly ecstasy at times, when the technique is done right or something. I don't think I have the technique understood because sometimes it works very well, other times it's like I am just doing the motions but nothing is happening. Usually it's some middle ground where there is nothing at first, but then it magically picks up. Sometimes going all the way and other times just coming close to rapture and ecstasy but moving away at the last moment/doorway.

I've had experiences of "oh wow, that is too much" and not in a bad way but more like a weightlifter who put too much weight on the machine and immediately realized he couldn't lift it at all.

and the experience is more like letting go, but then something amazing happens, and it's like so amazing you can't let go and that eventually kind of drives it away anyways.

it sounds like neti neti might be really helpful for letting go of that attachment/avoidance that seems to be happening.

and yes, Rudra has actually made a very recent appearence in my life actually. Like the first or second week of this month. so barely 2 or 3 weeks ago. It was very dramatic, powerful and of course had an element of "negativity" to it. I guess the best way I can describe rudra energy is that it's easily mistaken for dark or evil energy, when it's actually divine energy. Divinity isn't confined to the barriers of good that most people put it on, it goes beyond just good and that is what Rudra is. The dark face of divinity! lol

which by the way, I felt like giving the middle finger to lately haha. So yeah, had a recent experience with Rudra and it was painful and difficult but ultimately was helpful and what I needed at the time.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I do that regularly. The communication isn't verbal. I formulate my question verbally, because I'm used to do it that way, but the reply comes instantaneously, often before I finish wording my question, and the reply comes as knowledge that pops directly into my mind. When it doesn't come immediately, then it never comes.

I achieve this through light self-hypnosis. Actually, I believe that most, maybe even all, methods of achieving altered states of consciousness are forms of self-hypnosis. Purposefully doing self-hypnosis dramatically reduces the time of getting into the proper state.

The "spiritual being" is a guide. He is specialized in giving guidance, and guides many other people. He does it all the time, but usually we aren't on reception.

He just does it. It isn't because of love, desire to help humans, or for any motivation. He knows, he shares that knowledge, you have the free will to use it or not, if you access it. He doesn't mind either way, and says that in the big scheme of things it doesn't matter. He is unemotional.

I use "he" because I perceive this guide more like a he, although at his level there is no gender differentiation, and no form differentiation. He says it is my imagination that creates something my understanding can handle.

I'd recommend everybody interested in achieving altered states of consciousness to try self-hypnosis, even if only just to supplement their other efforts.

I agree that self-hypnosis is a powerful technique, although it's not one that I'm intimately familiar with. I've tried conditioning myself through use of rituals and found it to be powerful but haven't had a chance to dabble in self-hypnosis yet. Although I feel they are very very similar practices.

do you have a video you can link that you feel accurately describes a good self-hypnosis practice or technique, perhaps on youtube?

Or even just your personal opinion on the fundamentals of what makes a good practice, as it seems you have found something that works for you already so I'm curious as to what it is.
Old 19-07-2019, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
Yes.

I didn’t plan it. It was a spontaneous opening where I entered an altered reality for a lengthy period of time, to heal and expand my perceptions of non ordinary reality.

Did everything go well? did you develop a relationship with the being and assimilate it's teachings?

if not, how did things play out?
Old 19-07-2019, 06:41 AM
Master

Hi Shivatar,

Such experiences are common when one opens up to the spiritual realm.

What level of the higher realms we access depends on our own level of development and vibratory state.

Accessing these higher levels is much like tuning into a radio station, you have to get the frequency right and then communication will happen freely and without restraint in a free exchange of thought, energy, emotion and visions.

As you access these higher dimensions, there is a buzzing sound in the ears, similar to static, then when you find the right "station" there is a slight ringing or whistling in the ears, just for a moment and then voila, you have a connection. It can take years to learn how to tune yourself to the right frequency, it requires patience and meditation.

The ability to communicate with higher beings is a Siddhi that is mentioned by both Buddhism and Hinduism. Not everyone develops this ability, but it usually comes with some level of Kundalini activation.

In my own experience, raising the Kundalini all the way to the crown gives one the ability to access heaven and communicate with the beings that inhabit it.

Just a note on the difference between God, gods and angels, because our culture is confused about it.

God, otherwise referred to as the Elohim by the Bible, or Allah by the Quran (both having the same root of El, the ancestral sky god from whom all other gods descended), is the collective consciousness of all the beings of Heaven. Individual "gods" can go in and out of collective consciousness as the situation demands it. To them, there is no difference.

Gods that are tasked with acting as messengers (Angelos in Greek) are known as angels and are usually shown with wings to indicate that role and to signify their power of flight.
Old 20-07-2019, 01:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
Hi Shivatar,

Such experiences are common when one opens up to the spiritual realm.

What level of the higher realms we access depends on our own level of development and vibratory state.

Accessing these higher levels is much like tuning into a radio station, you have to get the frequency right and then communication will happen freely and without restraint in a free exchange of thought, energy, emotion and visions.

As you access these higher dimensions, there is a buzzing sound in the ears, similar to static, then when you find the right "station" there is a slight ringing or whistling in the ears, just for a moment and then voila, you have a connection. It can take years to learn how to tune yourself to the right frequency, it requires patience and meditation.

The ability to communicate with higher beings is a Siddhi that is mentioned by both Buddhism and Hinduism. Not everyone develops this ability, but it usually comes with some level of Kundalini activation.

In my own experience, raising the Kundalini all the way to the crown gives one the ability to access heaven and communicate with the beings that inhabit it.

Just a note on the difference between God, gods and angels, because our culture is confused about it.

God, otherwise referred to as the Elohim by the Bible, or Allah by the Quran (both having the same root of El, the ancestral sky god from whom all other gods descended), is the collective consciousness of all the beings of Heaven. Individual "gods" can go in and out of collective consciousness as the situation demands it. To them, there is no difference.

Gods that are tasked with acting as messengers (Angelos in Greek) are known as angels and are usually shown with wings to indicate that role and to signify their power of flight.

hmmn. what do you think would be a good book to read about learning to turn into these higher vibration states?