Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-07-2019, 01:44 PM
Master
Your greatest spiritual surprise.

Have you ever been surprised by something spiritual? Perhaps something you read and learnt or something that happened to you.

My greatest surprise was to learn that there is one "I" in reality and that it is in fact God (or part and parcel).

In a sense it was a discovery that I am God but there was more to it than that.

How about you?

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-07-2019, 02:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Have you ever been surprised by something spiritual? Perhaps something you read and learnt or something that happened to you.

My greatest surprise was to learn that there is one "I" in reality and that it is in fact God (or part and parcel).

In a sense it was a discovery that I am God but there was more to it than that.

How about you?

My greatest discovery was that the bible isn't the word of God, I discovered this as a child and it opened up a whole new doorway for me..... amazing
Old 07-07-2019, 03:19 PM
Master
I feel that my greatest spiritual surprise is yet to come.

I am sort of bogged down, depressed and trapped here in Oz..at a total dead end where I currently find myself...I have nothing to look forward to and nothing to live for...just no life.

I have quite a few assets in Australia...a block of land, a car, some valuables..all up totalling about 300K AUD...that is about $200,000 USD - but that is not enough to buy even a tiny flat anywhere in Australia and meanwhile, the rent, food, electricity and cost of living is setting me back about $300 USD per week...which is basically all of my pension gone.

I don't have any friends, no job, no social life, no family to speak of..just a mother I don't really get along with and I don't like this Western culture. I was born into it and basically raised into it, but my heart and soul has always been a part of some far-off, ancient land.

I have to sell off all my assets to be able to get the pension now, but it is like I am always taking one step forward and two steps backwards..and I am over all the Aussie "rednecks" and "yahoos"...my demeanor is actually quite reserved and demure in real life.

Enter..becoming an expat living in Cambodia....Siem Reap specifically.
This is a very modern city, with world class facilities, an airport, modern hospital, lots of museums, arts and craft places..and it is only 6kms from Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temple complexes.

Living in Cambodia is dirt cheap...$200-$300 USD/month for a 2 bedroom apartment or a 1 bedroom Khmer house.and these are beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!
https://www.siemreapproperties.com/p...ouse-for-rent/

Meals over there cost between $2-$5 per day and electricity and Wi-Fi is dirt cheap.. not to mention, I will be pretty much in my "cultural element"..like a pig in feces. I felt I have lived a past life or two as Khmer.

In a year or two, I will be selling up over here and moving permanently to Cambodia..it is easy to get a permanent visa for an extended stay without any worries and I actually don't mind the beuracratic corruption.I don't mind paying extra to wait less time or haggling for a fair price.

Once I spend some time in Cambodia, I shall adopt an orphan..there are over 20,000 of these and I have enough love and enough money to give a destitute baby a better life than in institutional care..bring it up in its own culture and not the Western culture..it would be a symbiotic relationship and I will get to have that family I always wanted.

The education system in Cambodia is also looking for English teachers with TESL certification - which isn't too hard to get..and the pay is excellent for Cambodian standards...about $1,000 USD/month.

I could live the remainder of my days there like a queen and never want or need for anything else...and that is the plan.

I know now that this is what I need to do.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:16 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi

I am sort of bogged down, depressed and trapped here in Oz..at a total dead end where I currently find myself...I have nothing to look forward to and nothing to live for...just no life.

I have quite a few assets in Australia...a block of land, a car, some valuables..all up totalling about 300K AUD...that is about $200,000 USD - but that is not enough to buy even a tiny flat anywhere in Australia and meanwhile, the rent, food, electricity and cost of living is setting me back about $300 USD per week...which is basically all of my pension gone.

I don't have any friends, no job, no social life, no family to speak of..just a mother I don't really get along with and I don't like this Western culture. I was born into it and basically raised into it, but my heart and soul has always been a part of some far-off, ancient land.

I have to sell off all my assets to be able to get the pension now, but it is like I am always taking one step forward and two steps backwards..and I am over all the Aussie "rednecks" and "yahoos"...my demeanor is actually quite reserved and demure in real life.

This is a very modern city, with world class facilities, an airport, modern hospital, lots of museums, arts and craft places..and it is only 6kms from Angkor Wat and Angkor Thom temple complexes.

Living in Cambodia is dirt cheap...$200-$300 USD/month for a 2 bedroom apartment or a 1 bedroom Khmer house.and these are beautiful! BEAUTIFUL!

Meals over there cost between $2-$5 per day and electricity and Wi-Fi is dirt cheap.. not to mention, I will be pretty much in my "cultural element"..like a pig in feces. I felt I have lived a past life or two as Khmer.

In a year or two, I will be selling up over here and moving permanently to Cambodia..it is easy to get a permanent visa for an extended stay without any worries and I actually don't mind the beuracratic corruption.I don't mind paying extra to wait less time or haggling for a fair price.

Once I spend some time in Cambodia, I shall adopt an orphan..there are over 20,000 of these and I have enough love and enough money to give a destitute baby a better life than in institutional care..bring it up in its own culture and not the Western culture..it would be a symbiotic relationship and I will get to have that family I always wanted.

The education system in Cambodia is also looking for English teachers with TESL certification - which isn't too hard to get..and the pay is excellent for Cambodian standards...about $1,000 USD/month.

I could live the remainder of my days there like a queen and never want or need for anything else...and that is the plan.

May you be blessed and watched over on your journey.
Old 07-07-2019, 04:26 PM
Master
Shivani Devi,

THAT'S living through your heart, Dear Friend! Awesome!
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 07-07-2019, 04:50 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:

Aww don't worry, you are by far not the only one who feel that way!

Well I was always more into psychology then ''spirituality, religion..''more in determinism,..in fact I learned a lot from psychology, studying of human behavior,..nevertheless, no matter how many sudies I have read, no matter how well I understood a lot of stuff,...I've never been "happy". I have always passionate dislike our materialistic culture,..like I would be on an Alien planet which i can't get off. Well I still feel that way kinda, but to something ''spiritual'' I didn't never wanted to turn...all those superstition, even though I have open myself one day enough to try out meditation, then I wanted to experience this crazy out of body experiences that so many write about,...but by me nothing happened, even meditation is kinda a stress too me, then I thought maybe those witches and wizzards know something,..I tried to learn witchcraft! Voodoo..all kind of crazy stuff,..thx gods they worked overtime to keep me safe from my own stupidity,..well nothing never worked for me. Except as to scare myself and bring myself to frustrations with all that spiritual stuff,..law of attraction, I tried also,..obviously it didn't bring me nothing else as lemons too. I think I tried every stupid stuff that I could come across too, but nothing worked. One day I have become sick,..I went to a hospital,..it was all horrible,..I had immense pain in my belly, the doctors told me, ''I could die now,'' they didn't even know really what's wrong with me...in that night in a hospital died a patient next to me, he looked me or at least in my direction in the process of dying.

I didn't even know that person,..they had bring him into my room just half hour before he died, he was already connected to all kind of instruments. When his heart stopped...2 nurses rushed in the room..they couldn't do anything for him anymore,..he was dead...and they turned around and left the room..they took my dead hospital neighbor with them,..more or less as if nothing had happened. Seems to be a routine for them,..but for me..my world completely collapsed, I felt so helpless with everything, I had absolutely nothing under control, doctors told me at that same day I could die and there, people next to me dying..pure fear, frustration, sadness, agony,..everything combine. I was not ready for any of this. But something have started to calm me down,..some feeling, some knowledge, some insight,..which have keep on ''telling me'' ''everything will be okay, I don't need to be afraid,''..although I did not have no evidence for this, just the opposite, ..why and how in the whole world I would be okay...but that feeling was so calming, something deeply familiar, that inner voice..I can't describe it,..and I started to listen to that feeling, voice,..3 days after it I walked home. It was by far not the end of the whole story...but that day I learned that our inner voice, inner knowledge, intelligence,..are doors to heaven, to something far bigger then ourselves, to some intelligence which we are not nearly capable to grasp, from that day on I sticked with who I call now Kuan Yin, other call it Jesus, Krishna, Angels..and I never feel alone again or lost, and even if I feel afraid again, I know to who to turn to, to turn on the light.
Old 08-07-2019, 01:56 AM
Knower

That was such a beautiful story, meetjazz. Thank you for sharing it.

<3
Old 08-07-2019, 02:45 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Empowers
That was such a beautiful story, meetjazz. Thank you for sharing it.

<3

Aww
Old 08-07-2019, 08:44 PM
Master
Quote:

Same except i wouldn't call my surprises spiritual. More like madness, moments of insanity. But i'm still waiting for that one big one that's really going to send me over the edge. The one that will destroy me. Sometimes it feels close. Like everything is pointing towards it.
Old 09-07-2019, 01:37 AM
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
My greatest discovery was that the bible isn't the word of God, I discovered this as a child and it opened up a whole new doorway for me..... amazing

What led you to that discovery as a child ?