Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 03-06-2019, 04:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
So, I listen to him and just go "meh...he's okay I guess"...apparently, whatever he had to say resonated with the 'soul voice' of the one who recommended him to me, but it didn't resonate with mine...and meanwhile, my 'soul voice' yawns and goes "how boring - NEXT".

What am I missing here?
Not sure why you bother with the 'NEXT' part. Just skip them all.

Most of the teachers are helping out (or fleecing) beginners and some intermediate spiritually advanced people. Some use the self reference 'Master' to get the seekers to listen, some use it to inflate their own ego. These seekers have limited ability to identify a Master. Should one also be at the level where 'Master' impresses, that teacher might resonate for you.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
How do you see a master?

(If we speak in terms of the everyday person as the seeker and master)
Your question is not clear to me in context of the second sentence.

Do you want to know how I see a master or do you want me to speak about everyday persons?

-----------------
A master is one who knows their inner (divine) nature and acts from that inner self.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
Yes a person who is truly on spiritual path no matter where he is in his spiritual journey easily identifies or agrees with the opinion of true spiritual master because a true spiritual seeker must have had glimpses of soul's voice although he is yet to integrate or stabilize the soul in him permanently, just for knowledge.
I think the issue here is identifying with an opinion. This is of no importance even if the opinion is that of a Master.

'a person who is truly on spiritual path' might be better served resonating with any 'truth' they encountered regardless of the source. It is likely that truth is more visible NEAR a spiritually advanced being. Note that I did not say 'from' a spiritually advanced being.
Old 03-06-2019, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Not sure why you bother with the 'NEXT' part. Just skip them all.

Most of the teachers are helping out (or fleecing) beginners and some intermediate spiritually advanced people. Some use the self reference 'Master' to get the seekers to listen, some use it to inflate their own ego. These seekers have limited ability to identify a Master. Should one also be at the level where 'Master' impresses, that teacher might resonate for you.
So true.

There comes a time when the seeker becomes that which is sought and goes "so, NOW what?"

I have watched many a "Master" on YouTube...Mooji, Sadhguru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Matt Kahn, Teal Swann, Adyashanti, Dandapani...I have even immersed myself in the works of Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta's Ultimatum pointers and the Tantraloka by Abhinavagupta...and has ANY of that done anything for me? nope.

Maybe I am just being TOO fussy!
Old 03-06-2019, 06:33 AM
Master

Quote:
So true.

There comes a time when the seeker becomes that which is sought and goes "so, NOW what?"

I have watched many a "Master" on YouTube...Mooji, Sadhguru, Sri Sri Ravi Shankar, Matt Kahn, Teal Swann, Adyashanti, Dandapani...I have even immersed myself in the works of Ramana Maharishi, Nisargadatta's Ultimatum pointers and the Tantraloka by Abhinavagupta...and has ANY of that done anything for me? nope.

Yes, now what?

We know nothing.

What we think we know stems from our imaginations - our ability individually and collectively to create mental pictures through which we create our world.
Fortunately (presumably) we also have developed the ability to use these mental pictures to change our outside world to conform to our wishes and needs. We call this the physical world.
So we have chairs and skyscrapers, lawn mowers and swings, wars and aeroplanes. We create the world in which we live. There are plenty of other worlds possible but this is the one in which we have now found our feet and we contribute to it because it's there. (or here).

Everything each of us believes is true.

There is nothing else.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
We know nothing.
IF ONLY we actually knew 'nothing', then we would not be in this situation ...

On a more serious take: knowing is not important. Even in spiritual teachings, 'being' supersedes knowing (and doing). For the incarnate, being is sufficient, no need to know. Be that which you are, the rest will take care of itself.
Old 03-06-2019, 06:43 AM
Master
Quote:
So true.

As an addition and addendum...thinking more about it...

I was like "okay Shivani...what if Adi Shankaracharya were alive today?"

Most of the "True Masters" have been totally forgotten, really.

I touched on Abhinavagupta who is the cornerstone of Kashmir Shaivism, but going back through history, even to the Greek Plato and Socrates..

Maybe I have been privileged to study all the Greek schools of thought as well.

When I go back to all the great schools of classical thought and philosophy, everything else anybody can ever say on these matters pales by comparison, really.
Old 03-06-2019, 07:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Yes, now what?

We know nothing.

What we think we know stems from our imaginations - our ability individually and collectively to create mental pictures through which we create our world.
Fortunately (presumably) we also have developed the ability to use these mental pictures to change our outside world to conform to our wishes and needs. We call this the physical world.
So we have chairs and skyscrapers, lawn mowers and swings, wars and aeroplanes. We create the world in which we live. There are plenty of other worlds possible but this is the one in which we have now found our feet and we contribute to it because it's there. (or here).

Everything each of us believes is true.

There is nothing else.
"I know that I know nothing" is a saying derived from Plato's account of the Greek philosopher Socrates. It is also called the Socratic paradox.
Old 03-06-2019, 11:18 PM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
IF ONLY we actually knew 'nothing', then we would not be in this situation ...

On a more serious take: knowing is not important. Even in spiritual teachings, 'being' supersedes knowing (and doing). For the incarnate, being is sufficient, no need to know. Be that which you are, the rest will take care of itself.

Good ......
Old 04-06-2019, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Thanks for sharing, Anala, I like this; can you speak more about your unseen team and how you know about them/trust them?

Janielee,

I did not ignore the question and respectfully I decline. I am not sure this is the place to explain.