Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 20-01-2011, 07:43 PM
Time

You still didnt dismiss the claim that "the power of now" is old...... You just desided to go on a tangent
Old 20-01-2011, 07:55 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
ECKHART TOLLE I WISH YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE BECOME POPULAR AS POPULARITY IS AKIN TO DIMISSING AND DEVALUING YOUR TEACHING, AS WELL AS YOUR 'SELF'. HOW COME THE HOPE DIAMOND IS POPULAR BUT DOES NOT DIMINISH IN VALUE AND A SPIRITUAL MASTER WHO BECOMES POPULAR DOES?

THERE'S A PREDJUDICE HERE, THAT'S INSANE.

(no offense Verunia, but this has brought up a number of times.)

Hello Lisa, thanks for your response. I am aware of my dismissal, it is not a prejudice as I am somewhat familiar with Tolle's works, though they are not my favorite. Also, I am not familiar with how a hope diamond can be compared to a man.

I did not say it wasn't a practical or spiritual teaching, you're putting words into my mouth. Tolle's works, I believe, are new age because people are reading and benefiting from them in the recent 'spiritual' movement. If Tolle had been around thousands of years ago and his beliefs were still being learned from, I would be saying otherwise.

Regardless, my previous post was in response to din that I would rather hear his opinion than someone else's, whether it be Jesus Christ or Krishna he's referring to.

Granted, my comment about Oprah's book club was my sarcastic nature coming through, sorry if that offended..
Old 20-01-2011, 07:57 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
You still didnt dismiss the claim that "the power of now" is old...... You just desided to go on a tangent

the book "the power of now" is old yes, several years old

but what it's pointing to isn't

right now it's this post that you are reading

and this moment is always ever-new

so shall we talk about the book

or shall we talk about reality?

which is only ever NOW
Old 20-01-2011, 08:02 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
ECKHART TOLLE I WISH YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE BECOME POPULAR AS POPULARITY IS AKIN TO DIMISSING AND DEVALUING YOUR TEACHING, AS WELL AS YOUR 'SELF'. HOW COME THE HOPE DIAMOND IS POPULAR BUT DOES NOT DIMINISH IN VALUE AND A SPIRITUAL MASTER WHO BECOMES POPULAR DOES?

THERE'S A PREDJUDICE HERE, THAT'S INSANE.

(no offense Verunia, but this has brought up a number of times.)

Lisa, you are SOOOOOOOO predictable,

a true Eckhartian lover.
Old 20-01-2011, 08:07 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verunia
Hello Lisa, thanks for your response. I am aware of my dismissal, it is not a prejudice as I am somewhat familiar with Tolle's works, though they are not my favorite. Also, I am not familiar with how a hope diamond can be compared to a man.

I did not say it wasn't a practical or spiritual teaching, you're putting words into my mouth. Tolle's works, I believe, are new age because people are reading and benefiting from them in the recent 'spiritual' movement. If Tolle had been around thousands of years ago and his beliefs were still being learned from, I would be saying otherwise.

Regardless, my previous post was in response to din
that I would rather hear his opinion than someone else's, whether it be Jesus Christ or Krishna he's referring to.

Granted, my comment about Oprah's book club was my sarcastic nature coming through, sorry if that offended..

my opinion is really the same as my experience

right?

you believe what you are living

or you live what you are believing

which came first?

the chicken or the egg?

are you really this body? (this is the reality i WAS living)

or are you the present moment? (this is the reality i'm living now which i realize has been true all along, but i was too busy being a somebody, to notice that i was really a nobody and everything all at once)
Old 20-01-2011, 08:08 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

hey!

i love your avatar!
Old 20-01-2011, 09:02 PM
de.spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
You know what really amazes me, is our identification with our own thinking. As if, is some way, it's reality.

Are your thoughts reality?

Or are they just a commentary, an interpretation of reality?

What is reality?

Just LOOK and see.

Thoughts are reality, when they happen. What I'm thinking about might be true or not, but the thinking is true for sure.

Identification is reality when it happens. It's not true that we are our thoughts, but it's true that identification is there.

Reality is whatever happens. Might be a thought, an emotion or an event.
Old 20-01-2011, 09:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by de.spin
Thoughts are reality, when they happen. What I'm thinking about might be true or not, but the thinking is true for sure.

Identification is reality when it happens. It's not true that we are our thoughts, but it's true that identification is there.

I must say…..all in all………your words, your energy in this post and the contents between the lines as well as in the lines were a pleasure to read and feel de.spin.
Nice post…..James
Old 20-01-2011, 09:37 PM
de.spin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I must say…..all in all………your words, your energy in this post and the contents between the lines as well as in the lines were a pleasure to read and feel de.spin.
Nice post…..James

same pleasure I had reading your comment James
Old 20-01-2011, 11:25 PM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by de.spin

i guess my question for you then, de.spin, is what is the underlying assumption or belief behind your thoughts

is it that you're a somebody

or that you're a nobody