Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 09-05-2011, 11:05 AM
Master
There are facts and evidence. But dont let those get in the way of a good opinion..

Truths are subjective. they are subject to beliefs popular at the time.

I dont believe a wise thing is to solely base your ideas of truth on the experiences (writings) of others.

You will know a truth when you experience it yourself. They will always be your own.

Some say God is not real For them they have never experienced God in a way that would convince them otherwise. For them their concept of God is others writings. So they go round and round in circles from one idea to another looking to find God. When you are individually touched spiritually, an idea suddenly gets thrust into the category of unmistakable truth. We then are baffled why others do not see it too, but they may not because it is not their time yet.

I know God is real because I have experienced god in my life at a supernatural level. Yeah there is something there. That is my truth. The only truth I can offer anyone else on this is my word of not lying about that it all exists. I talk to others who know this too, It is our shared truth, It joins us.
Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Master
Oh ok ... so you think the world leaders are part of some cosmic conspiracy which is aimed at keeping us all in the dark, and therefore unaware of the truth yin? I am not sure they are that smart lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
Hi Sound, nah not really in the camp of reality is an illusion,, i bust my gut to get where im going so no , not a fan... hard to explain but i will try.

I think we are being lied to as humans by the guys in charge.... ie we are alone in the universe.. so whether thats taken as the govts are all liars , or whatever then so be it haha.

But in general , i think the truth is here, the truth of our beigning, our universe, our future i believe the people in charge, know the truth of our past , present and future, but to control us, they give us our plasma tvs (love mine ) our fancy cars (love mine again ) all the distraction we need to not question those in charge.

Now i dont beileve, Obama nor Julia Gillard know the 'truth" i think again they are puppets .

Old 09-05-2011, 11:58 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
So when you say universal truths athribiristan do you mean those that are purely based on universal law? If we have personal truths which may prove to be different to what future evidence presents are those truths simply beliefs which we accept as truth?

That's it exactly. Gravity, for instance is universal to physical experience, thus a universal Truth or Law. However people who have never explored gravity might decide that animal sacrifice is what keeps us pinned to the Earth. They believe this, they make their sacrifices and they experience this at true. I think the imortant thing to remember is that what is true in someone's mind becomes true for them, whether it is logical, rational, or just plain crazy it still represents truth for that person.

"What's true is what's true for you"

"Reality is mass agreement"

L. Ron Hubbard
Old 09-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
"What's true is what's true for you"

"Reality is mass agreement"

L. Ron Hubbard
very true!

If everyone agrees on on it..it is probably wrong! lol
Old 09-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Master
Truth in this thread to me refers to it in a spiritual context, not if the world is flat, or if people lie......... so in that respect I only know things that are not the truth............
Anything else are just beliefs I might have and I am sure that they help propel me thru life but I don't regard them as truth in a way that I would ever try to debate them.
James
Old 09-05-2011, 12:56 PM
blackfellawhitefella

Quote:
If we are One, then everyone else's truth is our Truth too.

i'm in this camp.

it's all true.

then there's .... as we believe , so shall it be ... which seems to support the above

but then , i can see how it also says bugger all about what is ultimately possibly true about things
Old 09-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Thanks for replies everyone. I have every intention of trying to keep up with people when I start a thread but I am kidding myself. I often get through the first page … most threads usually take on a life of their own after that anyway

Yes … others have that same view … my way of understanding that is that every expression contains an element of truth. Even a lie has an element of truth attached to it in that it is true that it is a lie?

So when you say universal truths athribiristan do you mean those that are purely based on universal law? If we have personal truths which may prove to be different to what future evidence presents are those truths simply beliefs which we accept as truth?

Is it true that truth is just a concept din?
So, if we experience or perceive something are you saying there is no element of truth in it … not even in the conceptualization of it?
By the way, why do I ask, you ask lol … probably for reasons which are similar to yours ... because I am interested in the way of others and how and what they think, believe, perceive, conceive etc?

Oh ok … so you are in the ‘reality is an illusion’ camp yin …so I would ask how do we know the illusion is real, or to keep to the topic how do we know it is a true illusion?

I got to the part in your post where you speak about people being reluctant to discuss their truths in the light of beliefs and opinions and an analogy occurred to me arrive nan. If we discover the stumps of the house have white ants and needs replacing we need to be very careful how we do that otherwise the whole building might collapse. It usually proves safer to replace one stump at a time … hmm it doesn’t seem so relevant now that I have written it lol

The word isn’t the bird but the bird is described by its word lol

Er ... I know... what I said was, the bird is noticed to be and so it is named, just as the truth is noticed to be and named, so if I say I'm male you notice that is the truth.
Old 09-05-2011, 01:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Er ... I know... what I said was, the bird is noticed to be and so it is named, just as the truth is noticed to be and named, so if I say I'm male you notice that is the truth.

I know ... i was agreeing and reinforcing what you said ...
Old 09-05-2011, 01:14 PM
blackfellawhitefella

so both are true then...

the agreement AND the misunderstanding.

the (whole) relationship is truth.

Old 09-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Master
Quote:
I know ... i was agreeing and reinforcing what you said ...

OH gotcha...

So I think Din's statement truth is just a concept isn't accurate, it's like saying a bird is just a concept.

Then if you make truth a concept of the truth it is no longer the truth, it becomes a belief about the truth. Such as birds, one can make concepts about birds like 'doves represent freedom'... and that concept is generally understood, but doves are doves with or without the concept.