Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 01-12-2017, 04:03 AM
Administrator
Torso Energy Surge

Torso Energy Surge

There are many times when the exit of an Astral Projection is lost by the surge of energy in the torso (belly region) or the charka Solar Plexus. You often feel this energy from the belly to the heart or the Solar Plexus to the Heart Chakra. It can feel like a falling sensation or at times having the wind knocked out of you and that bent over suddenly feeling. Your instinct is to protect yourself from falling so your find your self grabbing at the sides of the bed or wrapping your harms around your chest area. This brings in that feeling of fear where the brain steps in and stops the process of exit.

This sensation is very strong in the emotions it will bring up. You can be left trying to slow your heart rate or trying to catch your breath. There also can be sexual arousal as this energy serge opens a major chakra region. This arousal usually breaks the connection to the Astral exit event.

There are the theories out there that laying on the back seems to make the energy torso events happen more. It is said to be best to sit semi upright to avoid the energy serge and ease the exit. Where laying on you side can lead to you entering the lucid dream place in sleep rather than having an OBE.

Who has had such experiences ?

Lynn
Old 01-12-2017, 07:46 PM
Experiencer
I had this sensation for the first time when I was 14. I had fallen asleep and started having a “dream” that I was walking in a parking lot that I knew well. I tripped in the “dream” and had that falling sensation. It felt like I fell into my body, even though at the time I didn’t know one could leave one’s body. I discussed it with my friends at the lunch table the next day and one boy said, “that’s astral projection,” and a few others agreed.

In your original post, you said it is common to feel fear associated with the experience. That wasn’t the case for me. I thought it was exhilarating, and so I sought to build a knowledge about it. Unfortunately this was 2001 and google wasn’t what it is now. Ha ha. I did some exercises I discovered on the limited Internet of the time to try to make it happen on my own for a couple of years but without success. Around the time I gave up, I started having sleep paralysis and it took 7 years or so before I discovered the link. And I had a LOT of sleep paralysis. Like I saw a neurologist about it and lost a lot of sleep worrying about it. Once I made the discovery, however, I began APing but without the falling sensation...perhaps because I willfully leave my body when I spontaneously have SP?

In any case, I did enjoy the sensation a lot and it is most likely the reason I began to AP in the first place.

Great thread, Lynn. :)