Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Channeling

Old 16-08-2017, 02:22 PM
Pathfinder

Thumbs up Tips for automatic writing and experiences

Any tips for automatic writing? Do you prepare yourself first (besides protection prayer), or can you go straight into it? I realize everyone is different, so I am looking for everyone's input. It would be interesting to see how everyone channels differently. Just answer whichever question resonates with you.

How does it happen for you? I have very little experience, but sometimes I will write down a question, and the answer already starts forming before I'm finished. Sometimes I write down the question and I clear my mind, only letting the first word that pops up in my head to be written down, which turns into a string of words that form sentences and paragraphs. I do not go into a deep trance state, but I do like to get myself relaxed first. Sometimes I like to do it in a hot bath, because it really relaxes me.

Do you hear who you are channeling as a different voice in your head, or is it your own thinking voice? So far it is my thinking voice, but they talk differently than I do. Kind of poetic.

Sometimes they refer to themselves as "we", and one time I asked who is speaking and they answered "we are angels, born of fire." They mentioned that they had come to light my fire, but it will burn me up. I will lose everything, but I will rise up.... I was like... ok... they did not say anything about a phoenix, but it was the impression I got. Interesting thing is that I have never really been that into angels... I had actually been requesting to contact a guide. I probably shouldn't mention too much of what they say without asking permission first, but I wanted to share that. Has anyone ever heard of "angels born of fire?"

I recently bought the e-book called Opening to Channel... I haven't made it all the way through but it is very interesting.

I have decided to take everything I get with a grain of salt, at least for now until I learn better discernment. I realize that my ego and critical mind can get in the way, so I am working on turning off my internal editor while channeling.

That's all for now... if anyone has any further tips that helps them, please share. You may have something that you personally developed that could be beneficial for others.
Old 16-08-2017, 03:49 PM
Pathfinder

I'm still very new at this too. So I'm curious what others have to say as well. But I usually meditate first and light a candle. And I also ask my angels/guides for protection. That is always important.
Old 20-08-2017, 05:39 PM
Administrator
Hello

I came into this life as a natural to all that is out there in what we would term the paranormal world. So to understand me and how it all works I literally had to read a book on it all from the last chapter to the first chapter. From first memories at the age of 6 I could write or draw things from the other side.

It is so important to take things slow to make sure you are connecting first with your Higher Self and then your Guides and other protectors you might feel is around you. If thing do not feel right listen to that gutt feeling as things are not right so you should slow it down or ask that communications are ended.

Here are some ideas I have put down.

What is Automatic Writing?

- Said to be writing that does not come from the conscious thoughts
- Often the writer has NO CLUE what they have written, typed or even drawn
- For some it come right after a meditative or dream state
- At times the writer can be very aware they are writing and just let it free flow from them
- Can be from Trance Mediumship where you are in contact with Spirit or other beings
- Different levels are full trace where the Medium becomes the TOOL the Spirit or being uses or you hear the words spoken and you simply write them out
- Many still feel it is the thoughts of the writer being put on the page but often contains words, lingo or information you have NO knowledge on
- One can even write in the same hand that a deceased person used
- Drawings and doodles are also a common part of Automatic Writing

Why Automatic Write?

- For information about our personal lives ( via contact with our Guides or Higher Self )
- To make contact with the other side or the Spirit World
- To make contact with other beings ( ET’s) or Angles / Ascended Masters

How does it look?

- Often it does not look like it can even be read but if you take the time to sort out the spelling and punctuation’s there is a message there
- One big long run on sentence
- Can be penned in a hand that is not yours at all in style
- Can be signed by someone that you do not know

How does it Work?

- Simply let the information flow
- Do not stop to THINK about the process
- Do not stop to THINK about what you are writing or how it’s being presented

How do you KNOW it’s real?

- Fact check it often you are given names and even dates or locations
- Think about what has been written and who it might apply to
- Think about how it might fit into memories you have
- Lingo or words you do not use or even know the meaning of and have to look up
- If hand written in a style that you do not use or even done by a hand you do not write with

How do you FEEL doing it?

- Often in a day dream like state of feelings
- Calm and relaxed
- If you do not feel good STOP never force things
- Hands might type or write in a faster pace than normally used

Here is a basic lesson that I have taught many times.

Automatic Writing – Getting Started

1) Get into a comfortable position
2) Sitting at a table or the computer
3) Be free of distractions
4) Strange as it is if you are tired there might be better results
5) Clear you mind of clutter
6) We are going to start with talking to our Guide
7) Trust in whatever you write is done by Spirit Guide
8) Do not let the brain process information, just type or write
9) Take the eye focus from being directly in contact with the computer or paper
10) REMEMMBER THIS TAKES PRACTICE

What do you do and ask?

- Tell your Spirit Guide you wish to communicate with them
- Be clear that you can ONLY work with one at a time
- Type or write HELLO ( and see what response there is )
- If you get a reply try simple YES / NO questions as you proceed
- When you’re comfortable with Guides you can move to deceased LOVed one’s ect

REMERBER always to work protected and in the White Light, calling in your Guides and higher masters such as God .

Lynn
Old 20-08-2017, 05:46 PM
Administrator
Hello

When I get back from some running around I have to do I will put down some experiences I have had and some from workshops I have lead with others.

This is something we all can do but it does take trust in separating out the brains logic centre and learning to listen to our Inner Voice or Gutt Feelings.
This is our Intuition Centre.

Lynn
Old 22-08-2017, 12:01 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you, Lynn. I have been practicing almost every day...My mind still gets in the way, interrupting, misinterpreting and such, but it is fun. I have gotten many answers and insights on my life and self improvement. I know that I will only get better with time.

I have been asking for the channel to open, while imagining that the top of my head/ crown chakra opens. I wrote this down too of course, along with guidelines that include having full control of the channel and being able to close it when I see fit.

I am looking forward to reading your experiences and about the workshops.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:33 PM
Master

What I do is my own version of a protection bubble, which I learned from a few different sources and made my own version, which felt good to me. So now, whenever I channel, I close my eyes and envision and say to myself in my head that I am surrounding myself in a bubble of the white light of the holy spirit (and the picture I envision is sort of Glenda the Good Witch in the Wizard of Oz, where she comes down in this bubble, so I put myself in the middle of the bubble and the bubble is surrounding me) and I ask and allow my guides and angels to surround me for protection and then I ask for a higher guide (or someone specifically) and then I allow this visualization I learned from Opening to Channel.

Now it has been a long time since I learned, so I'm not sure if mine is exactly from the book, or if I made up my own portions along the way, but I take myself on this astral journey, I guess you could call it. And it feels good and is fun.

I picture myself flying over a field, and I am going as fast, over this meadow like landscape below. I love the feeling of flying fast, and it releases me somehow from the earth plane. Then I fly upwards a ways and sometimes I go to my "guides" room. And I will stay a visit for a moment with whoever is in there - usually it is a brief hello, but sometimes it can be longer .

Then I fly up higher into the atmosphere and (I'm realizing this has changed since I have "evolved" so I used to pop out into the blackness of space and hover and sometimes there would be lights, like stars, and sometimes not, and then I would go up higher and pop out into a bright white space. Here I dance, and usually for some reason it is ballet, (and I've never taken ballet, so I'm not sure why it is ballet) but it is fun and feels good.

Sometimes as a short cut I take an elevator through these spaces LOL and go as high as it feels comfortable.

It has evolved to, when I exit the elevator at the "top" I enter a room of bright white light and there are other people there. I don't usually interact, but that is usually when I am ready to channel, and the words start.

I try to remember to ask who I am speaking to.

Sometimes I go and visit Seth (my main chanellee) in a room Sylvia Browne helped me create, and on is very own bench, and he greets me on this bench and that starts the channeling, but this has been many years later, so I've learned a few shortcuts along the way.

It can be a quick and as long as you want it to be. I think the most important thing is to surround yourself with protection, and ask for a higher guide or a specific guide. The more you play in the upper realms the easier it is to connect, so they tell me I don't need to do all this prep, but sometimes life has been busy and it's hard to go from busy to channelling and it relaxes me into the channeling space.

I think the most important thing is to make it your own. I'm sure everyone does it differently.

The first time I channeled, I was in the middle of writing in a journal and I was a couple pages in when I realized I was writing someone else's thoughts, even though it sounded like me, and I heard, Relax, and then, Breathe, and it just sort of flowed out.

FYI, it has been about five years, and it still sounds like my own voice in my head. When I am automatic writing, I use the computer because it is faster. When I am verbally channeling, it just flows out, so it is a lot different than automatic writing because there is no time delay, I don't have to listen for the words.

The most important thing I would say is to have fun with it.

I have never made it all the way through Opening to Channel. I did, however, buy the audio book when I wanted to learn how to verbally channel, because I was stuck and that did the trick.

Don't know anything about angels of fire. From my perspective, I don't think an angel would tell you that you will burn up. That isn't anything like what I get. I do know you can connect to beings that are not in the higher realms, and you do have to be careful not to connect with them. YOU are the channel, and you are tuning yourself just like the tuner on a radio to pick up only those signals that you want to, because you can pick up signals that you don't want to. I would suggest you always ask for a higher guide at first - I still do - because then you can't pick up on the lower vibratory beings. And you really don't want to play with them LOL. In Opening to Channel there is a section, if I remember this right, pretty early on in the book is where it explains who you can connect to and why you may not want to do that, so you might want to read that section.

And sorry for the typos but it's Sunday and I don't feel like fixing them :)

:)
Old 02-10-2017, 08:34 PM
Deactivated Account
I'm glad that I found this thread now!
Thank you!

I have ascended masters and my personal guides try to speak to me when I am asleep.
It is very frustrating because I never remember what they have said!

I've been thinking for soooo long now that I should start writting it all down! So this thread is cool!

I do have a question though - do the posters here have any advice on closing a session and getting grounded again?
Old 03-10-2017, 01:40 PM
Master

Closing the session - that's a great question. The only answer I have personally is that "they" close the session and the words stop. And "they" usually say something at the end , like, we love you etc. Nice to hear.

Getting grounded again - I've never thought of it really. At the end of a session, depending on who I was channeling, sometimes I will feel so full of amazing energy. It feels really good, and I don't think I want to "ground" that away LOL! It can last a few moments or the rest of the day. Really, this happens most of the time, there is some energy "leftovers" that just feel good. My body's atoms and molecules really like channeling.

In Soul Love, by Sanaya Roman, (who channeled Opening to Channel) in the first chapter, Orin will send you a transmission of light and love if you ask. And it is not always instant. Sometimes it happens much later, when you are not thinking about anything really, and it just flows into you. The first time it happened, it felt like my body was waking up - my atoms and molecules were dancing, and it felt like Joy and Love. Really amazing. Once that happens to you, really it is easy to feel it again, and usually happens when I channel. It is like their version of a hug - it feels like Love.

I do a grounding exercise, usually on my way to work in the mornings. And I usually always forget to do it on the weekends. I was given this exercise in one of my channelings. I used to use a Solar Ray exercise that I did, and then I got this one, and do that now. So it is really whatever you connect with that feels good to you at that moment in your journey, and your journey morphs as you are guided into other things that feel better. So, the Solar Ray thing, I learned from Sanaya Romans' website, go to Orin's Mediation Room, and there is about a 5 minute Solar Ray download that, I think, I learned that from, and I made it my own.

I do believe it is important to ground yourself to the earth, so you can fly up into the Sky and come down the same place you left, but you don't have to worry about it, your guides help you with that. Just ask, and allow that you can get your answer. And the answer can come in a book or a meditation or whatever - just pay attention to any stray thoughts you might have about looking something up or reading something. Those stray thoughts is how they connect to you during the day and how they guide you.

Have fun with it :) And always take what you want and leave the rest.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldheart

I have ascended masters and my personal guides try to speak to me when I am asleep.
It is very frustrating because I never remember what they have said!

I do have a question though - do the posters here have any advice on closing a session and getting grounded again?

I get some interesting things right when I wake up if I am still groggy. Lots of "hello's" and my name being called, etc. One time I was worrying about something at work, and (yes, even though I had literally JUST woken up), I had asked if I should fire a certain employee, and instantly a feminine voice in my head said "No, don't do that." (I am a male)

Try this, as soon as you wake up, be mindful of the first thought that comes to you. This only works if you can wake up peacefully, so no alarms, doggies needing to go pee, etc. Your guides may notice you doing this and wait to send your messages then instead of in your dreams when they know you won't remember.

I'm not sure if I am doing this automatic writing thing correctly or maybe its just a different type of channeling that I do. Like I said in my first post, I do more of a question/answer thing and hear or feel the answers. I know there is the type of automatic writing that you just let yourself go and write without thinking or interjecting any questions... I have tried this a few times but it is hard to keep it up for too long. Either my hands get cramped or I get distracted. I will practice more with this type though for sure.

As for closing a session, I usually close it myself when I have to go or I don't feel any more responses. I just give a simple "goodnight". I am not sure about the grounding afterwards, I always ground before-hand and still feel pretty grounded after.

This is how I ground now. I came up with this myself because I have a hard time visualizing, especially things that I don't create on my own. I write it out in my journal/channeling notebook, because the act of writing it down seems to help the visualization along for me.

First, I split my consciousness into two, so that one half stays with me while writing, and one half travels down into the earth. (this works better for me than to try and imagine roots coming out of my feet) I travel down into the the middle of the Earth's crust, to my grounding place. This place is a cavernous type dwelling, fully furnished, and looks very much like a Hobbit Hole. I go down the hallway to the "grounding room" and inside is a giant copper grounding rod with a loop at the top. Then I take my grounding cord which extends from my tailbone, and wrap it around the loop at the top of the grounding rod. The cord can be however long as it needs. Then, I can explore my grounding place if I want to, or just come back up through the earth and back into my body, joining the two consciousnesses, fully grounded and ready to continue.

As far as the angels of fire go, I haven't had any more messages from them, if I even did at all lol. I just thought it was interesting and was curious if anyone had heard of that. Definitely could have been some lower level beings though. Mostly since making this post I have just been channeling my multiple selves and doing a lot of self improvement, self-love, learning to raise my energy and vibrations, etc. It is a lot of fun, and sometimes I can't wait to get home and have a one on one with myself.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:20 AM
Master

Stars - that grounding exercise sounds wonderful. It is a lot different than the one that i use, but it felt good reading it, so I might try it :)

As far as typing goes, I handwrote (SP?) for a long time before I heard how Esther Hicks' guides taught themselves the keyboard. So I consciously tried it, and it didn't take very long before I could type with my eyes closed. And it is so much faster and my hands don't cramp - yeah! But you do have to occassionally open your eyes, so you are on the correct keys! Cuz they'll just keep chattering and you won't be able to read anything LOL.

I think what I did - the very first time I tried this - and it sounds crazy and stupid, but that boat has sailed, I got into my channeling space and allowed them to learn the keyboard. I sat in front of it, and just started pushing the keys as if I was learning where they were. You know, ASDF then LKjh and so on and I;m pretty sure I did it with my eyes open. I did this for as long as it felt right to do - maybe not even five minutes.

There really is not a correct way to do automatic writing - everyone's way is correct for them, because we are all so different. I remember asking, Do I have to ask questions? and the answer at that time was, no, just keep typing and I'll fill in the words between the spaces. I do both - Q&A (usually for others) and then just their stream of thought thing - usually for me! I don't have a lot of questions, I guess that's why I let others ask theirs.

I think I used all my questions on my daughters' guides, and by the time I learned how to channel, I was questioned out :)

The grounding exercise I got goes something like this:

I ask and allow Mother Earth's energy to move up through me, and I thank her. Her energy flows upwards from my feet, legs, root chakra all the way to my crown chakra. (It helps if your feel are touching the floor, but since I do this in my car while I am driving, I figure the tires are touching the ground, so I'm still grounded). As this energy is flowing upwards, then I allow in what I want in my day. This can be as long or as short as I want. I allow in Joy and Abundance and Clarity and Vision and the knowledge of the wisdom of the words and the knowledge of when not to speak, Feeling Good, Fun and laughter - those are usually my go to's. Then i tell the unwanted to leave, and I allow it to leave, and I feel it leaving through my pores, and I thank it as it leaves, and then I allow the energy of the earth through my feet again and it blends with the Joy and Abundance, etc etc. Then I ask the Wellbeing to flow through me and fill up the pockets that the unwanted left behind. And I am a wellbeing playing in Joy.

Fun stuff.