Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Closed Thread

Old 14-09-2006, 01:30 PM
lickuid

Exclamation Does anyone know a good way to get rid of depression?

I've been dealing with depression since the age of 11. I feel like i'm dying from the inside out and it actually hurts physically as well as emotionally. As I grew older, I got stronger, but so has the pain I've been ready to let this go, but I have no idea how. Please, if anyone has some insight, any direction that won't lead me to some scheme where I'll have to pay $49.99 for a way to fix it all, I'd appreciate it, I need some help..really, I'm desperate.

Thanks
Old 14-09-2006, 01:56 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickuid
I've been dealing with depression since the age of 11. I feel like i'm dying from the inside out and it actually hurts physically as well as emotionally. As I grew older, I got stronger, but so has the pain I've been ready to let this go, but I have no idea how. Please, if anyone has some insight, any direction that won't lead me to some scheme where I'll have to pay $49.99 for a way to fix it all, I'd appreciate it, I need some help..really, I'm desperate.

Thanks

Hi lickuid, you should not need to pay money to fix depression. Let me give you some advice and then you consider it. A person gets depressed because they keep having the same images in their head and nothing seems to go right n their life for them. So, all a person has to do is change the images in their head and also remember that they are a physical being, so get physical! Tidy up, have a workout, take up a new hobby, help someone with a task...all those things will help depression to cease. Depression occurs at the moment someone realises that depression is a BIG thing, then it seems to be inescapable. But one should remember that we live in a physical world and if we are putting too much emphasis on a label, then we only attract that to us and become involved in the process of constantly JUDGING ourselves. I hope this helps you lickuid.

By the way, I know exactly what depression is like. Kundalini.
Old 14-09-2006, 04:00 PM
bluespirit

I quite agree,Kundalini. Sounds very boring but I find that a couple of hours of hard solid work can beat the 'blues',hands down.
I suffer from morning depression and my cure is to get myself of bed and straight into the shower,nothing like a stream of hot water pouring over your head to bring you back to normal!
Old 14-09-2006, 04:03 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluespirit
I quite agree,Kundalini. Sounds very boring but I find that a couple of hours of hard solid work can beat the 'blues',hands down.
I suffer from morning depression and my cure is to get myself of bed and straight into the shower,nothing like a stream of hot water pouring over your head to bring you back to normal!

Lol, I quite agree with that bluespirit. Then again, they do say that water washes away negative energy so there is perhaps a very good metaphysical reason that people feel better after having a bath or a shower!

Kundalini.
Old 14-09-2006, 04:08 PM
bluespirit

Quite right! If I had a swimming pool near me,I would be down there. (The sea's a bit chilly this time of the year. )
And must say,a little bit of humour also beats the 'blues'!
Old 14-09-2006, 04:46 PM
lickuid

Thanks everyone, I think I'll try and take some time to help others... this usually helps a bit.. but it seems that this depression is a part of who I am, I wonder if there's a way to change that. Could it be chemical? Or just a deeply embedded portion of my psyche?
Old 14-09-2006, 04:59 PM
dreamer

I'd say that depression is more to do with a frustration at not being who you really are. Once you realise that to attain what you want is far simpler than you ever imagined the frustration goes and the depression lifts.

www.thesecret.tv - this might help.
Old 14-09-2006, 05:19 PM
Knower
Hi Lickuid,

In a very short time some lovely people have responded very positively to your original post, so before anything else, know that there are people here who care

However depressed you may be feeling my friend, I can't believe there is nothing in your life you can't hold onto and say "This is good!" And from that foot hold other things will come to mind that are good, and so on and so forth. You can't leap out of that pit you're in with one single bound, you have to climb the ladder one rung at a time. Don't try to be totally free of your depression overnight; it's too big a step to take all at once. As long as you can say "Today was better than yesterday and tomorrow will be better than today" then you're making progress.

Whatever bad times have happened are in the past; there is no reason why they should affect the future, and don't let them affect it!

The advice the other posters have given is good. If depression has been such a big part of your life for so long, as you shake it off you need to find other things to fill the void. Be physical, find a hobby, re-decorate that room you've been meaning to make over for ages... anything at all so you don't have the time to be depressed!

Be sure to keep talking to us and let us know how you're getting on

Love and Light... and hugs!
Jeremy
Old 14-09-2006, 05:41 PM
bluespirit

We're all here to help,sweetie. Don't ever forget that.
Old 14-09-2006, 06:13 PM
whatsimigig

there are so many things you can do to help your depression hun.
there are so many help groups you can join in your area and meet others in the same position as you and together can work through it.
ive been where you are hun and the thing i did was to try and get my confidence back by starting a training course which was daunting at first but it brought me out a bit.then i started doing charity work and it helped me loads by thinking and helping others instead of thinking of my problems all the time.
i also made new friends and saw a counseller for a while to get to the root cause of depression which helped.
x
Closed Thread