Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 22-09-2017, 12:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
The mind cannot do anything . The mind doesn't constrain you or keep you in a specific state of ego, just like the beer you drink doesn't keep you addicted to it .

It is you that is addicted to the beer, it is you that is constricted within mind .

x daz x

What is this "you" you refer to as addicted? and the "you" that wrote "your" post:) Is it the character "daz" and if so what is this "daz"? Is it ego? For what purpose is it apparently existing?:)

It depends what you think mind is. For me it is the activity of the brain and bearing in mind the complexity of the brain and the little we know about it, it is probably capable of anything and may well be the creator of all there is as holograms operating on all the senses, which would be why you cant put your hand through a table:)

I have no idea what you think mind is, or is capabale of.

:)
Old 22-09-2017, 06:47 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
What is this "you" you refer to as addicted? and the "you" that wrote "your" post:) Is it the character "daz" and if so what is this "daz"? Is it ego? For what purpose is it apparently existing?:)

It depends what you think mind is. For me it is the activity of the brain and bearing in mind the complexity of the brain and the little we know about it, it is probably capable of anything and may well be the creator of all there is as holograms operating on all the senses, which would be why you cant put your hand through a table:)

I have no idea what you think mind is, or is capabale of.

:)

What you are can be associated with many things, but without the mind one cannot make any associations .

Your definition of the mind makes no sense in relation to the spirit forms that exist without a brain .

Such energies continue to experience / think for themselves so how is that possible based upon your understandings?

The brain is of the mind . Just as the tree is of the mind, your car, the beer you can become addicted too .

Not being able to put your hand through a table is based upon cellular structure / resonance / vibrations .

As said, my understanding of mind refers the entire environment for you to experience you .

Beyond the mind there is no awareness of you as an individual .

x daz x
Old 22-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Master

[quote=God-Like]What you are can be associated with many things, but without the mind one cannot make any associations .

Your definition of the mind makes no sense in relation to the spirit forms that exist without a brain .

Such energies continue to experience / think for themselves so how is that possible based upon your understandings?

The brain is of the mind . Just as the tree is of the mind, your car, the beer you can become addicted too .

Not being able to put your hand through a table is based upon cellular structure / resonance / vibrations .

As said, my understanding of mind refers the entire environment for you to experience you .

x daz x[/QUOTE

Sorry that's too confused for me to unpick. I not saying its your confusion, it may be mine. Re-phrase your definition of the purpose and function of mind if you like and I'll try and get that.
Old 22-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
Quote:
What you are can be associated with many things, but without the mind one cannot make any associations .

x daz x[/QUOTE

Sorry that's too confused for me to unpick. I not saying its your confusion, it may be mine. Re-phrase your definition of the purpose and function of mind if you like and I'll try and get that.

Okay, no problem, lets say that in order to dream, there requires a foundation / environment / platform in order for you to be able to experience dreaming .

The mind is the environment for any experience you have whether it be dreamful or not . It's the foundation of existence for without it there would be no self relations .

The mind is likened to the canvas of the artist, the artist needs a medium in order to express his creation . It is likened to a mirror also so that you can perceive yourself and everything else in reflection of that .

If you associate the mind with just brain activity then it falls way too short of explaining how other non physical life forms experience what they do without a brain in reflection of my understanding .

The mind is not capable of doing anything .. just as the mind cannot hold you in the ego's clutches or be addicted to beer ..

What you are of the mind is what is capable or not ..

Any clearer?

x daz x
Old 22-09-2017, 03:54 PM
Master

[quote=God-Like]
Quote:

Okay, no problem, lets say that in order to dream, there requires a foundation / environment / platform in order for you to be able to experience dreaming .

The mind is the environment for any experience you have whether it be dreamful or not . It's the foundation of existence for without it there would be no self relations .

The mind is likened to the canvas of the artist, the artist needs a medium in order to express his creation . It is likened to a mirror also so that you can perceive yourself and everything else in reflection of that .

If you associate the mind with just brain activity then it falls way too short of explaining how other non physical life forms experience what they do without a brain in reflection of my understanding .

The mind is not capable of doing anything .. just as the mind cannot hold you in the ego's clutches or be addicted to beer ..

What you are of the mind is what is capable or not ..

Any clearer?

x daz x

Sorry Daz. Not happening. Anyway I dont want to get into the detail of which life form, with or without some form of brainlike mechanism may or may not have a mind:).

Lets limit it to people who we know have a brain. So it is being suggested that Mind in people is the activity of the brain. What else are you suggesting is mind in people other than brain activity? Lets get past this definition stuff asap so we can talk about the substance of this thread.
Old 22-09-2017, 06:26 PM
Master
[quote=Iamit]
Quote:

Sorry Daz. Not happening. Anyway I dont want to get into the detail of which life form, with or without some form of brainlike mechanism may or may not have a mind:).

Lets limit it to people who we know have a brain. So it is being suggested that Mind in people is the activity of the brain. What else are you suggesting is mind in people other than brain activity? Lets get past this definition stuff asap so we can talk about the substance of this thread.

There is no mind in people . There is the mind in which people are .

The mind allows the experience for every self aware individual .

Take away the brain and you no longer have a physical mind-body experience .

What you will have is different mind-body experience because the mind is still present and so are you .

Everything that appears to you is of the mind whether it is physical or not .

x daz x
Old 22-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Master
[quote=God-Like]
Quote:

What you will have is different mind-body experience because the mind is still present and so are you .

x daz x

Hey there God-Like/daz
This is a subtle but very critical distinction IMO.
As I understand it, 'mind' in the sense you've always used it refers to consciousness and more broadly (and perhaps more precisely), to What Is.
I agree, this more expansive understanding is more truly what I myself understand that 'mind' is, as long as we also understand that the awakened mental aspects of mind are ultimately in service to the awakened spiritual aspects of (what we may also term emotional aspects)...particularly the aspects of unity, authentic love, and the state of being one in that love (or, centreness).

I typically have discussed 'mind' in the more commonplace sense of how limiting it is to identify mind primarily with mental aspects/brain function. And how the brain, being only a receiver of consciousness (or mind in the broad, heart-centred sense) never has been and never can be the captain at the helm. It's for this reason that I typically say consciousness or What Is or centre (depending) to indicate where we really live 24/7.

I can totally see how the standard use the of word 'mind' (which is very limited and based on a misleading concept of "who" is driving, IMO) confuses most folks. Most have grown up thinking or believing the brain is in the driver's seat. Whilst in fact, the brain is the antenna or the satellite dish for consciousness (which is also exists beyond time/space and thus is not ever limited to the physical body). We as awakened heart-led consciousness are what our brains have been designed to received and translate.

Our brain picks up our own individuated consciousness, for starters. But as we (as consciousness) more deeply permeate and thus "tune" our physical vessels, we can often pick up quite a bit more as time goes by.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-09-2017, 11:02 PM
Master

[quote=God-Like]
Quote:

x daz x

Not clear sorry. Lets draw a line under this and hope the distinction whatever it is, doesn't matter and attempt to move on:)

You accept that mind exists so can we settle terms before proceeding further. In your view does mind have a purpose and function, if so what is that purpose and function?
Old 23-09-2017, 07:07 AM
Master
[quote=7luminaries]
Quote:

Hey there God-Like/daz
This is a subtle but very critical distinction IMO.
As I understand it, 'mind' in the sense you've always used it refers to consciousness and more broadly (and perhaps more precisely), to What Is.
I agree, this more expansive understanding is more truly what I myself understand that 'mind' is, as long as we also understand that the awakened mental aspects of mind are ultimately in service to the awakened spiritual aspects of (what we may also term emotional aspects)...particularly the aspects of unity, authentic love, and the state of being one in that love (or, centreness).

I typically have discussed 'mind' in the more commonplace sense of how limiting it is to identify mind primarily with mental aspects/brain function. And how the brain, being only a receiver of consciousness (or mind in the broad, heart-centred sense) never has been and never can be the captain at the helm. It's for this reason that I typically say consciousness or What Is or centre (depending) to indicate where we really live 24/7.

I can totally see how the standard use the of word 'mind' (which is very limited and based on a misleading concept of "who" is driving, IMO) confuses most folks. Most have grown up thinking or believing the brain is in the driver's seat. Whilst in fact, the brain is the antenna or the satellite dish for consciousness (which is also exists beyond time/space and thus is not ever limited to the physical body). We as awakened heart-led consciousness are what our brains have been designed to received and translate.

Our brain picks up our own individuated consciousness, for starters. But as we (as consciousness) more deeply permeate and thus "tune" our physical vessels, we can often pick up quite a bit more as time goes by.

Peace & blessings
7L

I agree in that the mind=brain relationship if left at that is limiting . All one has to understand in such instances is that an individual that is not of the physical experience continues to self relate (ego) and think for themselves . The brain is just a component of the physical body that allows one to operate / function within the body and within a physical environment (amongst other things) .

I see the mind as the foundation for all experience .

Everything is of the mind and it seems Iamit can't understand what I am saying in this regard .

The brain is of the mind, the people are are the mind in the same way a fish is of the ocean .. The ocean is the environment for fish to experience being a fish ..

The mind is an environment for an individual person to experience a physical person .

As said to Iamit, the mind has no agenda, it is not something that can sway you to remain in ego ..

The purpose of the mind if you are listening Iamit is to be the foundation of your experience .

x daz x
Old 23-09-2017, 04:37 PM
Master

[quote=God-Like]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries

I agree in that the mind=brain relationship if left at that is limiting . All one has to understand in such instances is that an individual that is not of the physical experience continues to self relate (ego) and think for themselves . The brain is just a component of the physical body that allows one to operate / function within the body and within a physical environment (amongst other things) .

I see the mind as the foundation for all experience .

Everything is of the mind and it seems Iamit can't understand what I am saying in this regard .

The brain is of the mind, the people are are the mind in the same way a fish is of the ocean .. The ocean is the environment for fish to experience being a fish ..

The mind is an environment for an individual person to experience a physical person .

As said to Iamit, the mind has no agenda, it is not something that can sway you to remain in ego ..

The purpose of the mind if you are listening Iamit is to be the foundation of your experience .

x daz x

I have no idea what that means. Sorry I give up.