Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-02-2017, 07:18 PM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 100s of questions!

Hello:
My late wife was a very gifted medium/psychic who read through automatic drawing and she was also a very gifted visual artist and seamstress.
She did a lot of readings, brought crossed over loved ones into some of those readings from the Afterlife and helped a lot of folks find peace and closure with those in the Afterlife.
Since my late wife crossed back in May 2016, I've been hounded by a lot of questions about the nature of psychic abilities and medium-ship in general but am too cheap to spend $$ at a psychic business. I guess I could go to a Spiritualist church but I'm not much of a "church" person so here I am at this forum to ask questions.
1. Why did my gifted wife NOT KNOW that she was diabetic until after a heart attack and surgery?
2. How was my gifted wife able to "read" my mind and yet NOT KNOW what caused my Erectile Dysfunction about half way through our wonderful marriage?
3. Why was my gifted wife plagued by certain emotional problems such as: jealousy, resentment, insecurity as an artist and a huge array of physical problems, ailments and almost constant PAIN????
4. Why did she NOT KNOW it when a certain drug (Digoxin) nearly KILLED HER?
5. Why did she often say she "knew" that such and such was going to happen AFTER it happened. I am not saying she lied about that but I often wondered why she did not say such and such is going to happen BEFORE it happened?
I am filled with complicated questions about my late wife's behaviors just before she crossed over and sincerely want to understand exactly how a medium's mind works and just how much a medium can and cannot do or know. I did not expect my late wife to be PERFECT nor a Super Woman but there is so much about the psychic world/life that simply confuses me for now.
If any of you are 'gifted' please try to help me see just what all you can and cannot do or understand with your 'abilities'.
I've been told that some gifted folks CANNOT read them selves so maybe that alone will explain why my wife did not know or foresee certain things that happened to her such as: falling down A LOT, being damaged and nearly killed by some drugs, carrying so many ailments and pain and what I now believe was a huge load of UNFINISHED EMOTIONAL BUSINESS at the end of her life.
I am no doubt carrying a lot of completely unrealistic and fanciful concepts, expectations and beliefs about what gifted folks can and cannot have and do so, please help me understand the real nature of 'gifted' folks.
Thank you,
jim
Old 04-02-2017, 09:40 PM
Experiencer
firstly I'm deeply deeply deeply sorry for your loss.

There's so much one can say on this post, and none of us know the for sure answer but we can give you our opinions as working light workers.

Really I think most of it boils down to "Because she was a human having a human experience", because she ignored signs she needed to change her health, because it's hard for us to read ourselves and those we are closest to.

I got tons of signs from Spirit to clean up my eating, tons, from nightmares, to health scares, to nearly dying in hospital last year, then finally a diabetes diagnosis. The diabetes diagnosis was my wake up call that changed my health and got me eating properly.

My mentor says that some mediums are the most unhealthy people she knows, we take on a lot of energy and one of the ways to feel grounded is to eat.

anyways I think it sums down to these things A) we are not psychic about ourselves or those closest to us (mostly) B) she ignored signs to improve her health C) She was a human having a human experience.

Once again I deeply deeply apologize for your loss!
Old 04-02-2017, 11:25 PM
Master

Was your wife born with abilities? If she did not do any inner work in her life then she would not be connected to a higher truth within her. She would not know the truth about herself and those closely connected to her. There are 2 ways to connect with others: some people just pick up on energy but they can be accurate or not so accurate. They are just born this way. Other people are not necessarily born with abilities but develop it by doing inner work. They know their heart and pick up on information through the heart. This is the truest information because the heart is intelligent and knows the highest truth.
Old 05-02-2017, 03:01 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa68
Was your wife born with abilities? If she did not do any inner work in her life then she would not be connected to a higher truth within her. She would not know the truth about herself and those closely connected to her. There are 2 ways to connect with others: some people just pick up on energy but they can be accurate or not so accurate. They are just born this way. Other people are not necessarily born with abilities but develop it by doing inner work. They know their heart and pick up on information through the heart. This is the truest information because the heart is intelligent and knows the highest truth.
Irene was born "gifted" and it caused her a lot problems when young since many in her family were AFRAID OF HER! As her life unfolded, she had several "teachers" and "helpers" to hone her "gifts" which she sometimes saw as a curse. She was not a "working" reader but did read at several Psychic Fairs, in a new age store and did many readings privately from our residences. She did this less and less as time went by but put more and more energy into her paintings.
I am just now realizing that I jumped the gun with this thread and am somewhat satisfied that I, the Real, do not need to know all about Irene and what happened to her whereas, I, the ego, is all twisted up about things I did not know and perhaps will never know and do not even need to know so I apologize for starting this thread and wish I could take it down now. I, the ego, just have to let it go and realize that I don't need to know ANYTHING ABOUT ANYONE! I, the Real, know that all's well and always was! Sorry folks!
Old 05-02-2017, 03:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenifly
firstly I'm deeply deeply deeply sorry for your loss.
Thank you but I am not experiencing this as a "loss" since Irene is often right here with me no matter where I go.

Quote:
Really I think most of it boils down to "Because she was a human having a human experience", because she ignored signs she needed to change her health, because it's hard for us to read ourselves and those we are closest to.
OK, that makes sense. Did you mean: She was Spirit having a human experience?

Quote:
I got tons of signs from Spirit to clean up my eating, tons, from nightmares, to health scares, to nearly dying in hospital last year, then finally a diabetes diagnosis. The diabetes diagnosis was my wake up call that changed my health and got me eating properly.
I also believe that Irene (and me) had "tons" of warnings and signs which we ignored or failed to read correctly. Oh well..........

Quote:
My mentor says that some mediums are the most unhealthy people she knows, we take on a lot of energy and one of the ways to feel grounded is to eat.
LOL, and I always thought that was about emotional distress!
I need to apologize for jumping the gun with this thread as I have realized that it is my EGO who has all these questions which it does not need to have answered whereas the Real me has no questions at all and accepts that all's well and always was. I wish I could delete this thread but perhaps it will help some other troubled person/ego who is looking for answers to completely meaningless questions. I, the ego, have 100s of questions while I, the Real, have NONE! Sorry folks..........